✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL! That was no debate.
I disagree, as it was a rebuttal. But lets agree for a moment. Eve listened for but a moment and you would listen indefinitely. I hope you will reconsider privately how you would respond to such a hypothetical, because it spiritually happens within us all. As a member of God's kingdom we are often subjected to such intrusions, but how could we willingly entertain such a guest? Your comment that you would entertain satan is rated a winner by non believers but what are you winning as a child of God in choosing to entertain satan?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I disagree, as it was a rebuttal. But lets agree for a moment. Eve listened for but a moment and you would listen indefinitely. I hope you will reconsider privately how you would respond to such a hypothetical.
So, you do have a favorite myth. The power of the myth is in the truths they reveal about humanity.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Looks a tad like Charlie Chan.

images

• Agree
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I came to ask if he was a satanist but apparently I stepped onto some hero worship.
Nah, he's not a satanist. I can't think of a big name atheist that is a satanist, actually. Even ones known for aggression or anti-theist leanings, such as T. J. Kirk, aren't satanists.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Atheism. Because it doesn't aspire to be anything.
That's like saying your favorite book is one without any words in it.

My favorite myths have to be those of the Greeks, but my favorite gods are the Norse gods. Greek gods are 24/7 beings of such personality that the words I'd need in order to describe them properly are banned on this site.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's like saying your favorite book is one without any words in it.

My favorite myths have to be those of the Greeks, but my favorite gods are the Norse gods. Greek gods are 24/7 beings of such personality that the words I'd need in order to describe them properly are banned on this site.
In reality I'd say for me it's the Rig Veda. It's very sad, and I think the ideology is tragic, but the poetry is really amazing.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Alright, I listened to about the first 45 minutes, but not sure if there's a point to continue further.

A few comments:

1) Aron needs better discussion etiquette. He constantly interrupts Kent. I get why he's doing it (Kent continually misrepresents things), but at the same time it comes off poorly. Anyone on the creationist side is going to sympathize with Kent for this reason alone. I think Aron needs to take lessons from someone like Jordan Peterson in how to give your opponent a chance to say their piece before eviscerating them.

2) Kent's a complete idiot. No surprise there. Just the fact he dismisses phylogenies as "lines on paper" suggests he has no understanding whatsoever of their underlying basis or construction.

3) I like Aron's initial take-down of Kent's attempt to recite his ridiculous "6 definitions of evolution". He completely circumvents that entire endless rabbit hole.

4) Aron's discussion of cladistics and phylogenies is completely going over Kent's head. It's also unsurprising that Kent has no idea what a "kind" is.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Alright, I listened to about the first 45 minutes, but not sure if there's a point to continue further.

A few comments:

1) Aron needs better discussion etiquette. He constantly interrupts Kent. I get why he's doing it (Kent continually misrepresents things), but at the same time it comes off poorly. Anyone on the creationist side is going to sympathize with Kent. I think Aron needs to take lessons from someone like Jordan Peterson in how to give your opponent a chance to say their piece before eviscerating them.

2) Kent's a complete idiot. No surprise there. Just the fact he dismisses phylogenies as "lines on paper" suggests he has no understanding whatsoever of their underlying basis or construction.

3) I like Aron's initial take-down of Kent's attempt to recite his ridiculous "6 definitions of evolution". He completely circumvents that entire endless rabbit hole.

4) Aron's discussion of cladistics and phylogenies is completely going over Kent's head. It's also unsurprising that Kent has no idea what a "kind" is.
Good observations. I would add the fact that the entire time Aron Ra is trying to get Hovind to understand that the only difference between a clade and a "kind" is the act of special creation, and then presses Hovind for an example of a created kind, Hovind's ignorance is laughable. He doesn't comprehend the fact that there is no point in time where a "special created kind" pops up in the fossil record without a previous ancestor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Nah, he's not a satanist. I can't think of a big name atheist that is a satanist, actually. Even ones known for aggression or anti-theist leanings, such as T. J. Kirk, aren't satanists.
How could an atheist be a satanist anyway? By definition, I mean.

Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I tried to listen to this as I had time as I have just returned from a different time zone and was awake at 3am, but I may have drifted in and out of sleep during it.

Ra makes a heroic attempt to prevent Hovind from tap-dancing around the actual argument. Hovind resorts to blatant lying, e.g. claiming that Ra said that we are descended from pine trees.

But, the whole thing points out the problem with debating with creationists. Creationists simply won't address the argument. More or less whatever it is. Creationists simply refuse to divert from their straw man versions of the argument. And they simply refuse to answer questions about their own beliefs. Ra's requests for Hovind to answer the phylogeny challenge are dodged at every request.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.