Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
He is not a renegade, he is a Patriach of an Eastern church in communion with the Latin church
The Armenian Apostolic Church is not in communion with Rome. It's part of the Oriental Orthodox communion.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I more or less expect the opinions in Eastern Europe and the Middle East to be anti-Semitic.
It's not helpful to accuse everyone who opposes recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel of anti-antisemitism. Anti-antisemitism is hatred of the Jewish race, the statement provided in the OP does not sound antisemitic.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It's not helpful to accuse everyone who opposes recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel of anti-antisemitism. Anti-antisemitism is hatred of the Jewish race, the statement provided in the OP does not sound antisemitic.
Not everyone who opposes recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is antisemitic. On the other hand, everyone who is antisemitic will oppose recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

• Agree
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I thought it was an Eastern Rite Patriarch that was quoted? are you sure it is an OO Patriarch?
According to Wikipedia, Aram I is an Armenian Apostolic Catholicos, which is apparently what they call their patriarchs or bishops. He's not the head one (that's Karekin II), but appears to be over a city or district. I'm guessing he's like the number two guy or somesuch.

The Armenian Apostolic Church is the national church of Armenia and is in the OO communion. The Armenian Catholic Church is the Eastern Rite version.

• Informative
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Shiranui117

Sack of Hammers
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
✟16,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
I never said the Jews had a Historical right to the city, no one has a historical right to any thing. God owns all the earth and he has the right to give parts to who ever he wants and has the right to take a way from who ever he wants. The world would not have this problem if the Jews had obeyed God and exterminated everyone in that land when God gave it to them.

My only statement is that Israel has every right to make Jerusalem their Capital regardless of some pompous false religion like the Armenian Catholics.
Are you also calling the Lutherans, Episcopalians, Catholics and Orthodox "pompous false religions"?

https://www.haaretz.co.il/embeds/pdf_upload/2017/20171206-163611.pdf

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟366,041.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0