• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The CF Faith Groups List has been updated. The Statement of Faith has also been updated (section on unorthodox Christian theology only). Please review both of these updates. If you would like to request a different faith group, please open a support ticket.

Armenian Catholics reject Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Discussion in 'Denomination Specific Theology' started by friend of, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:37 PM.

1. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member

+935
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Armenian Catholicos rejects Jerusalem as Israeli capital

The Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram Irejects the U.S. move to recognize Jerusalemas the Israeli capital.

U.S. president Donald Trump's move to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital reversed decades of U.S. policy on Wednesday, December 6. The fate of Jerusalem is one of the thorniest issues between Israel and the Palestinians.

Eight of the 15 nations who are currently members of the United Nations Security Council have called for the body to hold an urgent meeting on the U.S. decision by the end of the week.

The Armenian Catholicos discussed the matter with Lebanese president Michel Aoun.

According to the Patriarch, the U.S. approach is not consistent with international law, justice and historical truth.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+87,743
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    It's ALREADY been "thorny".

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member

+935
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    OHHH brinny... is stuff ever thorny rn

4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+87,743
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Sorry, not following what you mean, my friend.

5. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+510
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    We will hope and pray for the best.

6. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Chillbro Swaggins

+1,594
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Who cares?!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Phil 1:21

Phil 1:21 Well-Known Member

+1,775
    Christian
    Married
    People outside Israel debating the location of Israel's capital would be like my neighbors deciding what color I should paint my guest bathroom...irrelevant.

8. Thedictator

Thedictator Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World

+258
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    What is not consistent with international law, justice and historical truth is not letting a sovereign nation choose it's own capital. This capital has been the capital for 1000's of years, just because some racist and bigots don't want to recognize it makes no difference.

9. rturner76

rturner76 Senior Veteran Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+1,250
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Not having an opinion is totally fine and understandable if you are not into international politics. It's just that for the people who do care, mostly Jews, Muslims, and Fundamental Christians, it is making a HUGE statement about how The Trump administration views the Palestinian people's desire to have their own country and Israel's land right's in Jerusalem. Pretty much saying there is no solution other than Israel owns everything. Israel already has a capital (Tel Aviv) and this move will all but guarantee there will be people dying. For what?

10. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+1,035
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I agree with what took place because those who bless Israel will be blessed and those curse them will be cursed. But as far as the prophetic time line goes this action is like placing a dot on an I that was missing or a period at the end of a sentence that needed to be there. But the events themselves will unfold anyway.