Armed ‘Patriots’ patrol

Should Christians support armed patrols?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just thought I would share how one smaller city is handling any potential rioters. Should we condone or condemn such action? Notice, in the article that a local pastor was on hand as well.

Armed ‘Patriots’ patrol Coeur d’Alene

"Later, they were joined by hundreds of citizens packing rifles, semi-automatic weapons, handguns, and bows and arrows."

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I understand their desire for protection and stability within their community, at the same time I think this has the potential to lead to further escalation. I'm just hoping cool heads prevail in this situation.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just thought I would share how one smaller city is handling any potential rioters. Should we condone or condemn such action? Notice, in the article that a local pastor was on hand as well.

"Later, they were joined by hundreds of citizens packing rifles, semi-automatic weapons, handguns, and bows and arrows."
Believers never used violence to defend themselves and others in the New Testament.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. Most of those armed will not have training for maintaining the peace and will let personal biases get in the way of proper action. I can see groups in said city being unfairly oppressed, and tense situations going from bad to worse.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I knew this was coming and there will be more to come.

Romans 12
"17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible on your part, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.

1 Peter 2
"17Treat everyone with high regard: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king. 18Servants, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and gentle, but even to those who are unreasonable. 19For if anyone endures the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God, this is to be commended."

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Fox 13 Tampa Bay

The people in Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns... And if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns. —Sheriff of Polk County

~Bella

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,773.00
Faith
Christian

Will they be protecting people from the police?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This entire thing started over the actions of a professional police officer. He was, allegedly, trained when it is acceptable to use force and how to do so yet we see what happened. People with no such training roaming around well armed and likely amped up is a recipe for worse problems.

Guard whats yours directly, there will be fewer incidence of looting and the minefield of needless violence and legal issue for the armed folks involved will be avoided.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Believers never used violence to defend themselves and others in the New Testament.
This is not true, Dave. Think of the person the Roman Catholic Church says is the father of Popes. The Rock? He drew his sword and cut off an ear to protect Jesus. He was scolded by Jesus but just the same it WAS done in the NT. AND most of all think of our Lord, Jesus, He flipped over the money changers tables and drove them out with a whip defending His Father's Honor. Putting a curse on a whole village or city or home which Jesus has instructed to do while ensuring retribution for such can be loosely considered violence. Matt 10:14-15 NIV "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town." Shaking the dust off one's foot/feet in such a manner was an act of cursing the departed. Even TODAY in the middle east it is very offensive to them if you show the sole of your foot to them, even accidentally, like crossing your legs while sitting.

For believers in our age, in Romans we are told to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. It has been a while for the USA but I was of age for the draft when it was in place. It could come back if we go to war with China, for instance. And even w/o the draft it is our duty as a citizen of the USA to support and defend it against all enemies, domestic and afar. And it MAY be a sin to defend myself and my family against assault, theft, rape, murder, and such. But if I get a chance to warn them with my weapon and they ignore me I will, in good conscience, stop them with a personal protection round designed for maximum stopping power.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here we go.... let's all pretend the problem is the individuals in fear for their lives defending themselves.

It is always someone elses is fault isnt it?

These people are acting like depraved animals. I have every right to defend myself from becoming their victim. And I will do so.

Stop stealing.

Stop killing.

Stop rioting

and you will stop getting confronted by armed citezens at the location you went to rob. Thats right... these store owners and such are not hunting down the blacks. These riotous criminals are going seeking out others to hurt, and then cry foul if they are shot.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.