• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Armageddon is a real war, which will kill large numbers of people in a literal sense. True or false?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Bouan Philippe, May 10, 2021.

1. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+21,711
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    ...what?

-CryptoLutheran

2. Bouan Philippe

Bouan Philippe Member

+6
    France
    Christian
    Single
    Pardon me, it's a mistake on my part, but the word, "futurist" should be replaced by "idealist" instead.

3. parousia70

parousia70 Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+4,085
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    This poses an insurmountable problem for the literalist/futurist.
    Swords are the tools of Ancient Warfare, not Modern warfare.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. 2BeholdHisGlory

2BeholdHisGlory Still on vacation!

+407
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Unless that whole green new deal is in place, then electric grain mills will now be like two women grinding at the mill. Gun confiscation will have people buying swords, etc.

I couldnt resist

5. Bouan Philippe

Bouan Philippe Member

+6
    France
    Christian
    Single
    Revelation was written by St. John during the 1st century AD when no weapons of modern warfare existed at all.

By definition, it's called a revealed religion because God had revealed such prophetic visions to John during the 1st century.

How was John to interpret the futuristic scenes of carnage, death, and destruction from the two world wars?

Obviously, he would use his own language and culture to try to describe the modern weapons, such as nuclear weapons, biological weapons, mustard gas, long range missiles, tanks, aircraft, battleships, artillery, and small arms, etc.

Rather than try to invent 'new' words to describe such modern weapons of warfare, John would stick to his own language and culture instead.

Knowing that these are futuristic images of real weapons, John would use his own language and culture to try to describe such weapons.

The most common ancient weapon being the sword John would've used the image of a "sword" to try to describe the entire inventory of modern weapons, which had no modern names at all during the 1st century.

However, I think that your attempt to avert WW3 will ultimately fail, because there is no reason to assume that John wasn't talking about the weapons of modern warfare due to his divinely inspired prophecies of the future Armageddon.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  6. parousia70

+4,085
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Do you have anything besides pure speculation and assumption to back up these claims?

So far all I see is circular reasoning:
    “John is obviously talking about modern weaponry. The fact he is describing ancient weapons proves he is talking about modern weaponry”

that’s a shakey foundation to build upon.

Rather, Revelation 1:1-3 gives us every reason to conclude he wasn’t.

Regardless, thank you for demonstrating you are not a literalist.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  7. Bouan Philippe

Bouan Philippe Member

+6
    France
    Christian
    Single
    This is rubbish.

8. parousia70

+4,085
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you for demonstrating you don’t have a cogent, sober rebuttal.

9. Bouan Philippe

Bouan Philippe Member

+6
    France
    Christian
    Single
    Absolutely rubbish.

10. parousia70

+4,085
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Our readers are smart enough to see who’s position more closely resembles rubbish.
    I trust that they’ll conclude, as I have, that you have no rebuttal, since, quite frankly, you don’t. Otherwise you’d have presented one.

11. Bouan Philippe

Bouan Philippe Member

+6
    France
    Christian
    Single
    Say "hello" to Slimore on my behalf.