Ark Encounter: Ken Ham's New Religion

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Aw what a fail. in your previous post you used the word "to know". Acquire knowledge, which happens through rational study, evidence and arguments.
Faith is the opposite of all that. But worse, your answer is the ultimate fail of evangelism; if i need faith before i can know this creator, than conversion is useless.

The bible is a book. Books are usually read. With eyes. Hearing is done with ears. Ears are rather useless when dealing with books.

You wanted to know God, I gave you the answer or way to know Him by what the Bible says. If you don’t like God’s way of how to know Him, then you can continue to complain and march to the beat of your own drum or you can pray to the Lord and take it up with God why you don’t like such a way, and seek an answer with His Word.

• Winner
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You appear it only have a belief and not knowledge of the creator. Knowledge is demonstrable. And you brought up evolution. If you make an obviously false claim that you cannot defend you have no grounds for complaint when you are corrected.

Jesus said wisdom is justified of her children.

You said:
But let's get back to Ham. He is demonstrably wrong about Noah's Ark and evolution as well.

I am not a Ham fan, and neither am I for creation ministries. Our ministry is Jesus. Our main message is not that the Earth is young but our message is preaching Jesus and how He died for our sins, He was buried, and He was risen three days later for our salvation. We can be joint heirs with Jesus Christ who is the creator of this universe. For Jesus holds all things together by the word of His power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe that.

Ken Ham wasn't prosecuted because he didn't break any laws.
Exactly. The peculiarities of the American legal system.
Ham used some uniquely American legal devices to manipulate his way into a tax dodge that is protected under American law.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly. The peculiarities of the American legal system.
Ham used some uniquely American legal devices to manipulate his way into a tax dodge that is protected under American law.
Then I'll take it with a modicum of sodium chloride when someone accuses him of being a tax dodger.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,277.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ken Ham's ark isn't a replica but a stylized version meant for entertainment. A real replica wouldn't attract anyone but the morbidly curious.

The design of the bow is a 20th century development
in shipbuilding. So is a a boat with no port side.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Curious that Ham built a ship instead of an ark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The Ark Encounter is a Christian themed amusement park, built in part to teach Ken Ham's version of Creationism. The park features a giant model of Noah's Ark, built to the measurements found in the Bible's Old Testament.

The project was spearheaded by Evangelical preacher, Ken Ham. He is a Young Earth Creationist famous for his debate with Bill Nye. He directs a ministry called Answers in Genesis, and he directs the Creation Museum.

In this video (the first of several) I [John Perry] share what I witnessed at the Ark Encounter, I introduce viewers what what I call "Hammonism" (Ken Ham's special version of Christianity), and I talk about some of the scientific claims made by Ken Ham at the Ark Encounter.​

View attachment 297345
Have you heard any teaching from dr. Georgia Purdom. She’s a molecular scientist, Part of the ‘hammer’ team :)

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ark Encounter is a Christian themed amusement park, built in part to teach Ken Ham's version of Creationism. The park features a giant model of Noah's Ark, built to the measurements found in the Bible's Old Testament.

The project was spearheaded by Evangelical preacher, Ken Ham. He is a Young Earth Creationist famous for his debate with Bill Nye. He directs a ministry called Answers in Genesis, and he directs the Creation Museum.

In this video (the first of several) I [John Perry] share what I witnessed at the Ark Encounter, I introduce viewers what what I call "Hammonism" (Ken Ham's special version of Christianity), and I talk about some of the scientific claims made by Ken Ham at the Ark Encounter.​

Ah yes, slander a man who isn't here to stand up for himself, very brave of you.

Ken Ham believes in Christ's death and resurrection, which is Christianity. He's also a really nice bloke, not that you would know, since you never met him.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's no way the Ark can be built today without God's help.

First of all, what kind of wood would you use?

By the time scientists came to a consensus what "gopher" means, they'd all be dead of old age.

Second of all, what was meant by "pitch"?

Is it from the pitch pines of New Jersey (my favorite assumption)? or just what?

Again, they would die of old age: peer reviewing themselves nuts until their telomeres quit working.

Thirdly, that's all you could use: gopher wood and pitch pine.

That means that the Ark would collapse under its own weight before it ever began to resemble something.

It would be like playing a giant version of Jenga (except you would be coating the inside and outside with pitch).

Finally, you would have to open portals into the fourth dimension to make the inside of the Ark bigger than its outside, so you could house all those animals.

No ... the Ark was a true four-dimensional science-defying miracle.

And as the Bible says:

Psalm 127:1 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it:

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah yes, slander a man who isn't here to stand up for himself, very brave of you.

Ken Ham believes in Christ's death and resurrection, which is Christianity. He's also a really nice bloke, not that you would know, since you never met him.
No one is slandering Ham, if you disagree with the Ark + Jurassic Park + Christianity equals Hammonism, you are welcome to debate it.

Upvote 0