Arizona Senate Intends to Hand-Count 2.1M Maricopa County 2020 Ballots; Not Clear How

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What happened is unprecedented in our country's history. Normally the majority of people vote in person, and normally there is an observer sitting on each side of the counter. Sending out ballots to people without them requesting the ballots, or sending ballots to those supposedly on behalf of another is a system that makes it easy to cheat. When observers are blocked from actually being able to determine if the counter is counting correctly that makes it easier to cheat. Unmanned drop boxes for ballots make it super easy to cheat. It's the same for viewing the entire chain of custody. Removing an observer without proper cause should be a crime. What happens if there is another pandemic? Don't you think there should be agreed upon rules for the next time?

What does this list of Trump propaganda have to do with the vote in Arizona?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What happened is unprecedented in our country's history. Normally the majority of people vote in person, and normally there is an observer sitting on each side of the counter. Sending out ballots to people without them requesting the ballots, or sending ballots to those supposedly on behalf of another is a system that makes it easy to cheat. When observers are blocked from actually being able to determine if the counter is counting correctly that makes it easier to cheat. Unmanned drop boxes for ballots make it super easy to cheat. It's the same for viewing the entire chain of custody. Removing an observer without proper cause should be a crime. What happens if there is another pandemic? Don't you think there should be agreed upon rules for the next time?
Sending out applications for absentee ballots is not mailing out ballots without request.

The Big Lie is just that.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So you're saying that Trump and the Republicans dropped the ball by not fixing this when they could have. They had 4 years of Trump in the White House and a Senate majority, they knew about Covid since at least March, and not once did any of them express concern about voting, knowing full well that the election was coming up in November.

Did you express any concern about this? Did any Republicans or conservatives express concern? Can you find even ONE POST in Christian Forums where a conservative or Republican expressed a concern about this a couple months or more before the election?

Funny how this became a concern after the fact - i.e., after the fact that Trump lost the election. The well-after-the-fact concerns of you and those who share your concerns ring very hollow. I'm certain that if Trump had won the election we wouldn't have heard one peep from the Republicans about any problems with voting policies, procedures, and practices.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Gene Roddenberry would be proud to have a transporter that could move goalposts as ye have done.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
only unprecedented if you forget about the civil war. BTW the majority of people voted in person in 2020 as well.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have no idea what you're talking about. You're not just wrong - you're delusional.

Seek professional help. I'm serious. Look into therapy. You need to move on from losing a presidential election. This obsession is not healthy.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In Arizona (topic of this thread!), a majority of Republicans and Democrats have been happily voting by mail for years......until this year when folks like yourself kept propagating Trump's Big Lie.

When are you going to stop?
I can confirm this. We had what was called the permanent early voting list. You signed up for it ONCE and you were permanently on it and got your ballots mailed to you every election. Simple and easy.

Then the Republicans lost, so they started changing the rules to make it harder for people to vote.

Arizona Republicans Enact Sweeping Changes To State's Early Voting List

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Those wily Democrats in Pennsylvania got the GOP led legislature to pen Act 77, way back on Halloween 2019 (ooo, scary!), that greatly expanded Mail-in balloting!
What enticements did “the left” offer these turncoats, one wonders?

Pearl Harbor?
My but the hyperbole is thick tonight!

You’re actually accusing fellow citizens of being “the enemy” who surprised good, decent, hard working President for life (only joking) Donald Trump with an underhanded “sneak attack”?
Mercy, dude!
We’re your neighbors and co-workers. Not someone bent of the destruction of the nation.
It's not my neighbors who I am worried about, it is the hard left agenda of the elite. Have you read the "For the People Act?" Text - H.R.1 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): For the People Act of 2021
They want to take over the power delegated to the states regarding elections, eliminate voter ID (you can show up on election day and simply sign a statement, no ID required or do the same for mail-in, this allows one person to vote many times) let felons vote, no excuse mail-in votes, and the federal government will oversee the elections. In this way a small percentage of people can control an election.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I know the Queen of England is pushing for good identification as a result of the U.S. election debacle.

No she is not. Boris Johnson is pushing for voter ID to deal with the problem of people who don't tend to vote Tory, voting. There was just one case of impersonation of a voter in 2019 elections.

What it will do is disenfranchise legitimate voters, such as the disabled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
They want to take over the power delegated to the states regarding elections, eliminate voter ID (you can show up on election day and simply sign a statement,
A sworn affidavit, actually. Don't you trust sworn affidavits?

By the way, this is already something that's allowed in some states.

, this allows one person to vote many times)

No, it will not. That's just straight up not true.

It's like you're not even a real person, you just repeat right-wing talking points, and when they're pointed out to you, you're incapable of defending them. I've lost count of the number of posts and points you've ignored.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not my neighbors who I am worried about, it is the hard left agenda of the elite. Have you read the "For the People Act?" Text - H.R.1 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): For the People Act of 2021
They want to take over the power delegated to the states regarding elections, eliminate voter ID (you can show up on election day and simply sign a statement, no ID required or do the same for mail-in, this allows one person to vote many times) let felons vote, no excuse mail-in votes, and the federal government will oversee the elections. In this way a small percentage of people can control an election.

H.R.1 is related to the 2020 election in Arizona how exactly?

I realize you don't want to back up your spurious claims about our voting system in our state, but at the very least, you can stay on topic. Or go start your own thread on HR 1.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can confirm this. We had what was called the permanent early voting list. You signed up for it ONCE and you were permanently on it and got your ballots mailed to you every election. Simple and easy.

Then the Republicans lost, so they started changing the rules to make it harder for people to vote.

Arizona Republicans Enact Sweeping Changes To State's Early Voting List

...and Governor Ducey - the leader who refuses to take any stand whatsoever on the vote counting circus being conducted by the Arizona Senate - signed it into law.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You’re talking to someone who likes the idea of universal suffrage, so this is music to mine ears. Vermont has it so felons can vote from gaol should they desire. I think that’s nice.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
let felons vote

Also - and sorry, have to tact this on - in most states felons CAN vote. The circumstances where that's allowed are different, but I think every state allows it to some degree.

Seriously, you've got to stop just repeating the stuff you here on Fox or wherever you parrot this from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
H.R.1 is related to the 2020 election in Arizona how exactly?

I realize you don't want to back up your spurious claims about our voting system in our state, but at the very least, you can stay on topic. Or go start your own thread on HR 1.

That seems to be Valletta's MO on this thread. Use every scurrilous election claim that the right-wing media invented but then bring up other right-wing memes when challenged on what those claims have to do with Arizona. We've talked more on this thread about the alleged issues in Georgia and Michigan than any alleged issues in Arizona.

• Agree
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You say these things like they're bad. More people having the ability to vote is good. Adding more ways for votes to be discarded is bad.

Felons should have the right to vote.

People shouldn't need an excuse to mail in their vote.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

McCarthy claims no one 'questioning the legitimacy' of the 2020 election

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) insisted Wednesday that no one in his party is questioning the legitimacy of the 2020 election. “I don’t think anybody is questioning the legitimacy of the presidential election. I think that is all over with."

Valletta, did you not get the memo?

• Haha
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You say these things like they're bad. More people having the ability to vote is good. Adding more ways for votes to be discarded is bad.

Felons should have the right to vote.

People shouldn't need an excuse to mail in their vote.
I have zero problems with more ways to vote as long as those methods are secure. That means to me each citizen votes once and only once and only those votes are counted. Same day registration with no identification cannot be verified. Sending out unsolicited ballots or having unmanned drop boxes for ballots is not secure.
Let those who are disabled vote by mail, for healthy Americans there is no reason you can't go to your local voting location. (Contrary to press statements, you can bring food and water with you or order a pizza while you are in line if you are concerned about starving.)

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0