Arizona Senate Intends to Hand-Count 2.1M Maricopa County 2020 Ballots; Not Clear How

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The time I am thinking of could have been at a town hall meeting. I personally don't think he is completely there mentally and he may have believed it at the time.
I looked it up. He probably just misspoke - a minute earlier, he clearly talked about the vaccines that were there when he took office.

Also, if getting details wrong is the mark is f not being mentally there, a Trump supporter shouldn’t throw stones. Tell me again about the airports in the Revolutionary War?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I looked it up. He probably just misspoke - a minute earlier, he clearly talked about the vaccines that were there when he took office.

Also, if getting details wrong is the mark is f not being mentally there, a Trump supporter shouldn’t throw stones. Tell me again about the airports in the Revolutionary War?

My recollection, he was talking about doses of vaccine. If you recall, the Trump administration claimed there was plenty of vaccine and how they had 80,000 vaccines available. But then, when some areas needed vaccines, those 80,000 "disappeared." Not sure if all those available doses were a straight up lie that never really existed, or if they were used by various people in Washington, such as to vaccinate the White House staff and other government workers. It does seem like there was a shortage of doses of vaccine when Biden took office.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
His spokesperson claimed there was chaos at the border under Trump and Joe is putting things in order. Again I have to believe my own eyes and ears. And I thought Joe was going to give us unity and work with Republicans. And taking credit for the vaccine stuff, etc. Hopefully this Arizona audit will result in voter ID laws, I know the Queen of England is pushing for good identification as a result of the U.S. election debacle.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I know the Queen of England is pushing for good identification as a result of the U.S. election debacle.

I think law enforcement has done a pretty good job with the identification of those involved in the January 6 debacle. In fact, one of the Arizona "auditors" was there.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Democrat election officials claimed a water main broke and that caused the delay.
Bradford Jay Raffensperger is a republican. It was a republican that claimed this, and he claimed this because it happened. You are spreading misinformation. There is not some vast left-wing conspiracy to steal the election. Your chosen politician lost. Get over it. Stop obsessing over it. The election ended half a year ago. He lost.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We need election reform or this country is finished.
What sort of reforms do you propose? Can you name one?

I have some suggestions. Abolishing the electoral college, instituting ranked-choice voting, instituting compulsory voting, and turning election day into a federal holiday are at the top of my list. This way more people can vote and more than two parties are viable.

• Agree
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bradford Jay Raffensperger is a republican. It was a republican that claimed this, and he claimed this because it happened. You are spreading misinformation. There is not some vast left-wing conspiracy to steal the election. Your chosen politician lost. Get over it. Stop obsessing over it. The election ended half a year ago. He lost.
Rob Pitts is a Democrat.
I am not spreading misinformation. The truth is that Robb Pitts, a Democrat, told the water pipe tale to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: "A broken water pipe at the ballot processing site at State Farm arena caused a delay in Fulton County’s ability to process thousands of absentee-by-mail votes Tuesday night.
Despite the broken pipe, which did not lead to any ballots being damaged, elections officials said they performed better than the disastrous June 9 primary, which made national headlines as voters waited hours in line to cast their ballots.
Still, the Tuesday’s delayed tallies for the presidential contest and for key congressional races with consequences that could ripple across the nation.
Fulton Commission Chairman Robb Pitts told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Tuesday evening that the pipe burst at 6:07 a.m. and was repaired within two hours. The burst pipe wasn’t mentioned by county officials during a 10 a.m. press conference."
Fulton County election results delayed after pipe bursts in room with ballots

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
We need election reform or this country is finished.
This country has endured for over 200 years without the sort of reforms Republicans are proposing, has had hundreds of thousands of elections, and there's never been a report of an official elected through fraud even ONCE, but NOW we need voter reform to fix the systemic fraud that Republicans have failed, time and again, to demonstrate even happened.

Okay.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Audit of votes dragging in Arizona; 10% counted (arkansasonline.com)

I think they are intentionally dragging this out as long as they can because it gives the Republican base another narrative to follow that gives them hope. They'll string it along until the hope is finally revealed to have been a false one and by then they'll figure out a new narrative to hang their hopes on. But in the meantime this will provide fodder for all sorts of other speculation and hope that the presidential election can somehow be overturned or reversed.
It's quite the spectacle.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Audit of votes dragging in Arizona; 10% counted (arkansasonline.com)

I think they are intentionally dragging this out as long as they can because it gives the Republican base another narrative to follow that gives them hope. They'll string it along until the hope is finally revealed to have been a false one and by then they'll figure out a new narrative to hang their hopes on. But in the meantime this will provide fodder for all sorts of other speculation and hope that the presidential election can somehow be overturned or reversed.
It's quite the spectacle.
Maybe. What Democrats are afraid of is that they'll say "our patented black light technology has revealed that many of the votes for Biden were printed on paper made from Martian seaweed." It will have no legal effect, but will justify additional restrictions on elections in the name of security. Perhaps all counties are limited to one polling place.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe. What Democrats are afraid of is that they'll say "our patented black light technology has revealed that many of the votes for Biden were printed on paper made from Martian seaweed." It will have no legal effect, but will justify additional restrictions on elections in the name of security. Perhaps all counties are limited to one polling place.
Yep. When certain people ask "why, if you are so certain the election was legitimate, are you so worried about an audit?" this is why. A worthless audit that who the heck knows how they arrived at their conclusions or if they are at all valid is just going to be used as a justification to undermine our democracy and institute draconian voting "reforms"

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Rob Pitts is a Democrat.
I am not spreading misinformation. The truth is that Robb Pitts, a Democrat, told the water pipe tale to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: "A broken water pipe at the ballot processing site at State Farm arena caused a delay in Fulton County’s ability to process thousands of absentee-by-mail votes Tuesday night.
Despite the broken pipe, which did not lead to any ballots being damaged, elections officials said they performed better than the disastrous June 9 primary, which made national headlines as voters waited hours in line to cast their ballots.
Still, the Tuesday’s delayed tallies for the presidential contest and for key congressional races with consequences that could ripple across the nation.
Fulton Commission Chairman Robb Pitts told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Tuesday evening that the pipe burst at 6:07 a.m. and was repaired within two hours. The burst pipe wasn’t mentioned by county officials during a 10 a.m. press conference."
Fulton County election results delayed after pipe bursts in room with ballots
Was it a Republican or a Democratic pipe!?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His spokesperson claimed there was chaos at the border under Trump and Joe is putting things in order. Again I have to believe my own eyes and ears. And I thought Joe was going to give us unity and work with Republicans. And taking credit for the vaccine stuff, etc. Hopefully this Arizona audit will result in voter ID laws, I know the Queen of England is pushing for good identification as a result of the U.S. election debacle.

Valletta,
Arizona already has Voter ID laws.

When you arrive to vote at the polls on Election Day you will announce your name and place of residence to the election official and present one form of identification from List #1 or two different forms of identification from List #2 or 3. (A.R.S. § 16-579(A)(link is external)).

Valid identification is also required prior to receiving a ballot at any in-person early voting location or emergency vote center or from a special election board. (A.R.S. § 16-542(link is external); § 16-549(link is external))

Voting In This Election | Arizona Secretary of State

And you have yet to back up your earlier claim stating election laws were broken in Arizona.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This country has endured for over 200 years without the sort of reforms Republicans are proposing, has had hundreds of thousands of elections, and there's never been a report of an official elected through fraud even ONCE, but NOW we need voter reform to fix the systemic fraud that Republicans have failed, time and again, to demonstrate even happened.

Okay.
What happened is unprecedented in our country's history. Normally the majority of people vote in person, and normally there is an observer sitting on each side of the counter. Sending out ballots to people without them requesting the ballots, or sending ballots to those supposedly on behalf of another is a system that makes it easy to cheat. When observers are blocked from actually being able to determine if the counter is counting correctly that makes it easier to cheat. Unmanned drop boxes for ballots make it super easy to cheat. It's the same for viewing the entire chain of custody. Removing an observer without proper cause should be a crime. What happens if there is another pandemic? Don't you think there should be agreed upon rules for the next time?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.