Arizona Senate Intends to Hand-Count 2.1M Maricopa County 2020 Ballots; Not Clear How

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You're missing the point, it is a violation of attorney/client privilege. A team of lawyers does not have the right to sift through the records of another lawyer, read the information, and decide what is privileged and what is not. This is another shocking abuse of power, and certainly those involved should be prosecuted.
You are in error, but I’m sure that you’re used to that situation by now.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't want to get too far off of topic as to the meaning of an oath with a detailed answer, but since is this is a Christian forum I was happy to answer. All Presidents since George Washington have taken an oath, it is not a trivial matter. Consider the Ten Commandments and the commandment to not use God's name in vain. If you are an agnostic you may acknowledge God but think God thinks just like me. However, to a believer the Ten Commandments and the Bible are a serious matter, God sets the rules and makes it clear the use of His name is important and covenants are important. The breaking of covenants is the story of salvation history, man makes solemn pledges and breaks them.
Some people think that Donald Trump broke his Oath of office, but I am not one of them.
I am convinced that he defended the Laws and Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic, to the best of his ability.
Which is why I voted for Joe.

Reactions: ArchieRaptor
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I don't want to get too far off of topic as to the meaning of an oath with a detailed answer, but since is this is a Christian forum I was happy to answer. All Presidents since George Washington have taken an oath, it is not a trivial matter. Consider the Ten Commandments and the commandment to not use God's name in vain. If you are an agnostic you may acknowledge God but think God thinks just like me. However, to a believer the Ten Commandments and the Bible are a serious matter, God sets the rules and makes it clear the use of His name is important and covenants are important. The breaking of covenants is the story of salvation history, man makes solemn pledges and breaks them.

Okay, but you're not really explaining it. You're basically just reiterating your statement - oaths are important - in different words.

If you feel we're getting off topic, I'll bring it back - why do you feel that a person taking an oath makes their testimony more trustworthy? The Democrat you mentioned, you say he's under oath - why does that oath give his words more weight?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

Just imagine if a man had taken an oath of faithfulness to a wife, not once, not twice, but thrice, and broken that oath each time. Surely, that man would be deemed untrustworthy by Christians.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"The whole thing is ludicrous, quite frankly, it's ludicrous," - Cindy McCain

Yep

Cindy McCain: Arizona 2020 election audit is 'ludicrous'
Cindy should not have dated John McCain while he was still married. The press labeled McCain as "songbird" (Snopes is wrong about the origin supposedly being with veterans) and much later (well after the Keating Five scandal) the press made McCain out as a hero when he embraced those on the left. Election integrity is critical to the continuation of our Republic, a similar audit should take place in every state for every major election. May God Bless all of the volunteers who are working on this audit.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Volunteers?
How are these people vetted?
How were the Democrat election workers vetted? Particularly the ones who shoved Republican observers, the ones who yelled racial slurs and taunts, the ones who lied about why the counting stopped? What the Republicans are doing is recording every event, the opening of the boxes, the counting, organized by color so no one goes out their area. You can watch in real time. No Democrats pretending they are Republican observers this time. And this is just an audit after the election, the counting has been certified and the election is over. Where were you when it was time to choose Democrat election workers?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
How were the Democrat election workers vetted?
What makes you think they were vetted any differently than the Republican ones?

Particularly the ones who shoved Republican observers, the ones who yelled racial slurs and taunts, the ones who lied about why the counting stopped?
There are plenty of examples of Republican observers being disruptive to the voting process.

No Democrats pretending they are Republican observers this time.
It's funny you mention that. I recall Republicans trying to pull that trick to get more observers in the room in the last election, no the other way around.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cindy should not have dated John McCain while he was still married. The press labeled McCain as "songbird" (Snopes is wrong about the origin supposedly being with veterans) and much later (well after the Keating Five scandal) the press made McCain out as a hero when he embraced those on the left. Election integrity is critical to the continuation of our Republic, a similar audit should take place in every state for every major election. May God Bless all of the volunteers who are working on this audit.

...that's nice. John McCain was elected by the voters of Arizona to represent us - via the same election and audit processes that elected other Republican officials in our state.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...op-ed from a Republican Attorney
Chris DeRose is an election law attorney and author of five books, including most recently “The Fighting Bunch.” He is the former clerk of the Superior Court for Maricopa County.

"There is no reason to question Arizona’s election results. Representatives from all parties were welcome to observe every step of the process, from the machine testing in October (and retesting in November), to the operating of polling places on Election Day, to the bipartisan counting of ballots. As required by law, a sample of 8,100 ballots were hand-counted and compared with the machine totals. There was a 100 percent match.

It was a good year for Republicans in Maricopa County. Excepting a sheriff reelected over lackluster opposition, we won every countywide election while maintaining our 4-to-1 majority on the county board of supervisors. President Biden carried the county by more than 45,100 votes.

The Maricopa County board, despite no evidence of an unjust result, responded to public questioning of the election by performing additional audits. Two companies, SLI Compliance and Pro V&V, are certified by the bipartisan Election Assistance Commission to test election machines and software. Maricopa County hired both to run every conceivable test for fraud or errors. They found none."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ting-about-2020-election-no-good-can-come-it/

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
May God Bless all of the volunteers who are working on this audit.
What volunteers? The audit is being done by an outside contractor that is getting paid. There are volunteer observers, but they are limited and a good amount of them are professional journalists, because that's the only way they are being granted access.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
...op-ed from a Republican Attorney
Chris DeRose is an election law attorney and author of five books, including most recently “The Fighting Bunch.” He is the former clerk of the Superior Court for Maricopa County.

"There is no reason to question Arizona’s election results. Representatives from all parties were welcome to observe every step of the process, from the machine testing in October (and retesting in November), to the operating of polling places on Election Day, to the bipartisan counting of ballots. As required by law, a sample of 8,100 ballots were hand-counted and compared with the machine totals. There was a 100 percent match.

It was a good year for Republicans in Maricopa County. Excepting a sheriff reelected over lackluster opposition, we won every countywide election while maintaining our 4-to-1 majority on the county board of supervisors. President Biden carried the county by more than 45,100 votes.

The Maricopa County board, despite no evidence of an unjust result, responded to public questioning of the election by performing additional audits. Two companies, SLI Compliance and Pro V&V, are certified by the bipartisan Election Assistance Commission to test election machines and software. Maricopa County hired both to run every conceivable test for fraud or errors. They found none."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ting-about-2020-election-no-good-can-come-it/
There are over a thousand sworn complaints nation wide, detailing horrible abuses by Democrat election workers. To my knowledge not one of those workers has been brought to justice nor have we had definitive explanations as to why so the counting suddenly stopped in so many swing states. It reminds me of the crisis on the border, with the U.S. government releasing felons into the U.S.,and aiding human trafficking, and weakening border security make our country vulnerable to more drugs and terrorists yet denying reality. As with the border disaster, far too many Democrats want to pretend there is no problem whatsoever, just like there is supposedly "no reason to question" the Arizona election. While I would have liked to see the audits performed in Michigan and Georgia by now, the Arizona legislature is setting a good example. EVERY state should perform such an audit after every major election, that is, examining the ballots and the entire system carefully after each major election to make sure every and only legal votes are counted. Volunteers can examine the ballots for watermarks (there should be none) and make sure indentations are found where ballots have been marked and look for expected folding of mail-in ballots.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There are over a thousand sworn complaints nation wide, detailing horrible abuses by Democrat election workers.

And in 2024 there will be a thousand sworn complaints against Republican election workers. So what?

To my knowledge not one of those workers has been brought to justice nor have we had definitive explanations as to why so the counting suddenly stopped in so many swing states.

Because the complaints were garbage and the counts were finished. Next question?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are over a thousand sworn complaints nation wide, detailing horrible abuses by Democrat election workers.
I'd be willing to bet that there are over a thousand reports of bigfoot sightings and alien abductions - yet no one has ever managed to catch them, and no serious person believes in their existence. A thousand reports, in a country of nearly 350 million people, is nothing significant.

The problem with this "statistic" that you keep throwing out is that this is not a thousand reports of a single act. Rather, it's a thousand reports of a thousand individual acts. Acts that would have been witnessed by thousands more - who did not report them, either because they never happened or because the reporting individuals did not see what they thought that they saw. Many were investigated by the FBI, who also found no evidence of wrongdoing either.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are over a thousand sworn complaints nation wide, detailing horrible abuses by Democrat election workers. To my knowledge not one of those workers has been brought to justice nor have we had definitive explanations as to why so the counting suddenly stopped in so many swing states. It reminds me of the crisis on the border, with the U.S. government releasing felons into the U.S.,and aiding human trafficking, and weakening border security make our country vulnerable to more drugs and terrorists yet denying reality. As with the border disaster, far too many Democrats want to pretend there is no problem whatsoever, just like there is supposedly "no reason to question" the Arizona election. While I would have liked to see the audits performed in Michigan and Georgia by now, the Arizona legislature is setting a good example. EVERY state should perform such an audit after every major election, that is, examining the ballots and the entire system carefully after each major election to make sure every and only legal votes are counted. Volunteers can examine the ballots for watermarks (there should be none) and make sure indentations are found where ballots have been marked and look for expected folding of mail-in ballots.

In other words, you're just going to ignore the fact that Maricopa County Elections has already conducted two additional audits by companies who are actually qualified to do such an audit.

Note: there are NO watermarks on Arizona ballots.

Just the Facts - Maricopa County Election Updates

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd be willing to bet that there are over a thousand reports of bigfoot sightings and alien abductions - yet no one has ever managed to catch them, and no serious person believes in their existence. A thousand reports, in a country of nearly 350 million people, is nothing significant.

The problem with this "statistic" that you keep throwing out is that this is not a thousand reports of a single act. Rather, it's a thousand reports of a thousand individual acts. Acts that would have been witnessed by thousands more - who did not report them, either because they never happened or because the reporting individuals did not see what they thought that they saw. Many were investigated by the FBI, who also found no evidence of wrongdoing either.
These are SWORN complaints under penalty of perjury. How many do you allege were investigated by the FBI? When you have multiple complaints of the same type, such as observers who were physically shoved, then the reports are even more credible. If a Democrat election worker asked an observer to step back because they might be too close and the observer did not respond then what you do is call a cop--not put your hands on anyone. Reminds me of John Kerry's first campaign where his brother Cameron and campaign manager were arrested in a night time break-in of the building housing Kerry's campaign opponent. They say they got a call and were setup--they should have called a cop if that were the case instead of breaking into a closed building.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The most disgusting thing about this to me is how he constantly and effortlessly vacillates between profanity and using God's name as the basis for all his own thoughts and ideas.

I have noticed that in the Trump era many who would have eschewed foul language in the past have embraced it instead and this is one more perfect example. It also confirms to me that the Word of God is right in predicting this would happen.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
These are SWORN complaints under penalty of perjury. How many do you allege were investigated by the FBI? When you have multiple complaints of the same type, such as observers who were physically shoved, then the reports are even more credible. If a Democrat election worker asked an observer to step back because they might be too close and the observer did not respond then what you do is call a cop--not put your hands on anyone. Reminds me of John Kerry's first campaign where his brother Cameron and campaign manager were arrested in a night time break-in of the building housing Kerry's campaign opponent. They say they got a call and were setup--they should have called a cop if that were the case instead of breaking into a closed building.
I really don't get why people want to bring up sworn complaints under penalty of perjury at the same time claiming that hundreds or thousands of elections workers committed election fraud.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.