Northeast
✟180,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought these were some interesting observations from the article below.

"Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon once told me in an interview that a true Zionist wants three things: a Jewish state, a democracy and Greater Israel (all the land promised to the Jewish people in the Bible, including the occupied territories). “We can have any two of the three,” Sharon said, “but not all three.” If Greater Israel were a Jewish state with a large Arab population, it could not remain a democracy. A democratic Jewish state could not include Greater Israel for the same reason. If Greater Israel were a democracy, the Jewish state would not survive, and the dream of Zionism would be lost."

"Expel the Palestinian population? Some Israeli extremists have talked about it. Just imagine a Jewish state carrying out a policy of ethnic cleansing."

Israel, Democrats and the problem of the Middle East

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon once told me in an interview that a true Zionist wants three things: a Jewish state, a democracy and Greater Israel (all the land promised to the Jewish people in the Bible, including the occupied territories). “We can have any two of the three,” Sharon said, “but not all three.” If Greater Israel were a Jewish state with a large Arab population, it could not remain a democracy. A democratic Jewish state could not include Greater Israel for the same reason. If Greater Israel were a democracy, the Jewish state would not survive, and the dream of Zionism would be lost."

"Expel the Palestinian population? Some Israeli extremists have talked about it. Just imagine a Jewish state carrying out a policy of ethnic cleansing."

I'm not necessarily opposed to ethnic cleansing's, if it's done properly, and with care for those being removed.

...Maybe a departure allowance, such as $5000.00 per person who leaves?

...Perhaps scholarship programs for those who leave, funded in neighboring countries?

Certain packages could be created that are fair, and possibly acceptable to the Palestinian people.

Maybe the global community would be willing to donate.

• Haha
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not necessarily opposed to ethnic cleansing's, if it's done properly, and with care for those being removed.

...Maybe a departure allowance, such as $5000.00 per person who leaves?

...Perhaps scholarship programs for those who leave, funded in neighboring countries?

Certain packages could be created that are fair, and possibly acceptable to the Palestinian people.

Maybe the global community would be willing to donate.
That's a good idea, as long as it doesn't actually involve forcible removal of the population.

I'm not sure about this, but I think it would be against the Geneva convention which Israel signed.

Some may simply not want to go, leading to an interesting kind of exploit:
They stay in Israel and have lots of kids, which Israel then has to pay to leave!

But yes, I like the general overall idea.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's nothing stopping Israel from doing that now, other than the question of whether or not other Muslim states would allow immigration of Palestinians on that basis.

One wonders how Americans would accept Native Americans doing "ethnic cleansing" on that basis, moving all people of European, African, and Asian descent out of the country.

Sound like a good idea?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yet, the current wave of thinking doesn't agree with ethnic cleansing, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Palestinians were already forcibly removed from their homes in 1948 and sent into exile in Gaza.

Not the ones Sharon wanted removed. And the ones who left, weren't "forcibly deported." They fled the area at the urging of Arab nations around them. Those that chose to stay, stayed.

Upvote 0