Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Flynn in court for sentencing, with 'Good luck' wish from Trump

Update: A federal judge told former national security adviser Michael Flynn that "arguably you sold your country out."

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan said he "can't hide my disgust, my disdain" for this criminal offense. He said Flynn committed a "very serious offense" by lying to the FBI on the premises of the White House.

Reactions: Tigger45

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Flynn in court for sentencing, with 'Good luck' wish from Trump

Update: A federal judge told former national security adviser Michael Flynn that "arguably you sold your country out."

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan said he "can't hide my disgust, my disdain" for this criminal offense. He said Flynn committed a "very serious offense" by lying to the FBI on the premises of the White House.
So much for the Trumpies’ prediction that the judge was going to slam the FBI and side with Flynn..

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
LOL... perhaps you are not watching the same news I am.

Alternative facts don't really matter. What the judge did and said is what he did and said.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gee... maybe the deep state should set up a guillotines and let the mass killings proceed! One in every Midwest town. The left would win by attrition!
Take your victories where you can find them I guess.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Gee... maybe the deep state should set up a guillotines and let the mass killings proceed! One in every Midwest town. The left would win by attrition!
Take your victories where you can find them I guess.
Sounds good. The right doesn't use their heads as it is.

Upvote 0

snerd

Stayin' in the Word!
Site Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Oklahoma
✟34,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Judge wants him charged with treason. WOW
No he doesn't. He clarified later it was just a wondering question, not an accusation. Regardless, I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt all along. But now it sounds like Flynn ratted out his 2 buddies who were lobbying on behalf of Turkey. None of them, including Flynn, had registered as foreign agents like they were supposed to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No he doesn't. He clarified later it was just a wondering question, not an accusation. Regardless, I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt all along. But now it sounds like Flynn ratted out his 2 buddies who were lobbying on behalf of Turkey. None of them, including Flynn, had registered as foreign agents like they were supposed to.
Yeah, Flynn turned states evidence but treason probably spells it out pretty well. He must have turned over some incredible evidence to Mueller in order for them to reduce the charge to lying to the FBI. Both Flynn and his son were part of the early investigation. Flynn must have caved in order to keep his son out of it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Flynn is not a very good American. But you knew that when you heard him leading the "lock her up" chants. I hope he spends a bit of time in stir just to let him know who the crooks actually are.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did the news you read say the judge didn’t say that? LOL.
The just is refusing to sentence him because he has never sentenced an innocent man... and "he is not going to start now...."
The judge knows he is innocent and wants him to reconsider his guilty plea. The judge wants to know why he is pleading guilty to a crime he did not commit.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds good. The right doesn't use their heads as it is.
More unintellegent mumbo jumbo meaningless 4th grade snittiness. Just childish.
Let me counter in kind...
"no... it's you that doesn't use your head..."
Feel better?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The just is refusing to sentence him because he has never sentenced an innocent man... and "he is not going to start now...."
The judge knows he is innocent and wants him to reconsider his guilty plea. The judge wants to know why he is pleading guilty to a crime he did not commit.

Lawyers for Flynn, who admitted lying to the FBI about his Russian contacts, requested the delay during the stunning hearing in which U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan told the former Trump aide in a blistering rebuke that "arguably you sold your country out."

"I can't make any guarantees, but I'm not hiding my disgust, my disdain for this criminal offense," Sullivan said.
Michael Flynn sentencing abruptly postponed as judge states disgust: 'Arguably you sold your country out'

Doesn't sound very much like the judge thinks he's innocent.

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good for that judge. Flynn did sell our country out. He deserves to be charged with treason.
He deserves to but he most likely turned over valuable information which will nail some big fish and maybe we can actually see the swamp draining.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you kidding? Some quotes from the judge today: "I want to be frank with you, this crime is very serious," federal Judge Emmet Sullivan said in the courtroom Tuesday. "Not only did you lie to the FBI, you lied to senior officials in the incoming administration."
Flynn lied even "in the presence of the White House," Sullivan added. "You can't minimize that."
"I am not hiding my disgust, my disdain for your criminal offense," Sullivan said, pausing between each statement. "

The judge also accepted Flynn’s guilty plea and offered him more time to assist the special counsel’s office before being sentenced. Not to reconsider his guilty plea.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He deserves to but he most likely turned over valuable information which will nail some big fish and maybe we can actually see the swamp draining.

Ironically, Trump came to Washington to build up the swamp and his mismanagement may end up in draining it a bit.

• Agree
Upvote 0