• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Argh!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manna

Jul 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
✟6,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, does anyone just get sick of having PCOS? My symptoms are completely out of control lately, and I'm about ready to pull my hair out!! (Read into that what you will...LOL)

So yes, we need to handle this with grace and dignity, but sometimes I just get ticked off about it.

Anyone else?? Please join me in my venting! =)

Tsadde

Aug 9, 2007
Mt. Lac le Fort St. Prince McJohn River
✟8,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear you!

Yes, I am totally tired of PCOS.

I hate, hate, hate the fact that I can't eat like a regular person and that after years of dieting and deprivation I am still waaaaaaay too fat. I hate being judged and dismissed by people who are eating baked potato and sour cream and French bread with butter while I munch on yet another lettuce leaf. I could spit fuzzballs when a doctor says "You have all these embarassing PCOS symptoms because you are fat." or even "Would you even consider trying to lose weight?" when I've been trying to do nothing else most of my adult life. I feel betrayed by diet plans and programs (for which I paid plentymoney that should have gone to people who were starving for other reasons) that have left my metabolism in a state that causes me to gain more and more while I eat less and less. I loathe exercise that creates nothing and goes nowhere and leaves me too sore or too injured and too tired to go to work or actually do something productive. When a thin person eating a sandwich (with bread on both sides!) suggests yet another diet plan they are lucky if I can remember the father-forgive-them-for-they-know-not-what-they-do prayer before I.....
I resent the damage done to my arteries and heart and kidneys -not to mention the zits, bald spots, dark skin patches and beard.
I reject the projections of a shorter lifespan.

BUT
I have learned not to judge people by their outward appearance. (most of the time. I still have to work at not judging healthy energetic skinny rich people.)
I have felt God's arms around me and have known the joy of the Lord.
I have learned to thank God that I can walk; I can see colour; I can hear music and baby babbles; I can feel a warm summer breeze; I can think for myself, I can choose to get out of bed; I can express my opinions; I'm not harassed or manipulated or deceived by people who only want me only for my body; I don't have to post my picture here; I don't have to fear eternal rejection. I can thank God that I am loved perfectly and eternally by Jesus who would rather have died than live without me. To Him, the most wonderful powerful being in the universe, I am beautiful and worthy of time and attention and extravagant gifts. I can thank Him that His power is perfected in weakness. When I am ashamed of my appearance I can hear Him say, "Don't be afraid. Fear not. I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Had I been strong and healthy and beautiful and emotionally tough I may not have recognized my need to depend on Him for everything -especially for love and approval. It would have been so easy to seek solace elsewhere. Had my neediness not made it easier to receive the kind of love He has shown me I could never give away what I had never known.

I don't like PCOS. I think it stinks. I think illness is invented and administered by Satan. I truly believe that one day I will be healed of this -and a bunch of other stuff, (last year I had to use a cane and now, praise God!, I am walking on my own without pain!) but I'm not waiting for that all-better day to come before I say, "Thank you. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Father God. Thank you dear Abba. Thank you. Thank you....thank you......thank you.....

Upvote 0

Manna

Jul 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
✟6,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yupp. Glad I'm not the only one struggling with it. Grr.

Looks like I'm not having a period this month either. I just had 2 in a row, and didn't know what to do with myself!! When I started at the beginning of November, it shocked me! I hadn't had a period 2 months in a row all year! I know it's due to the weight loss, so praise God!! Maybe it's just delayed this month...lol!

Upvote 0

Katryna

Jan 28, 2008
Illinois
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I have felt that way too... but I have seen interviews and testimonies of people who are dealing with much worse: MS, ALS, breast cancer... suddenly, PCOS doesn't seem like such a horrible thing. I can live with it. It's not terminal. If people can't see past my weight or other symptoms, that's THEIR handicap, not mine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.