"Aren't you tired of COVID?" the pastor asked his flock; 10 days later the 1st case among his sheep

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Church of God congregations in Cleveland, Tennessee, shut down with coronavirus infections
Outbreak comes after hosting revival, in-person services. 'Aren't you tired of COVID?' the pastor had asked the gathered crowd

"Aren't you tired of COVID?" Page asked the crowd on June 14. "I'm tired of it. I'm ready for it to go in the name of Jesus and I believe by faith it will. It's on the downturn."

On June 22, Westmore held a regional worship service for the Tennessee Church of God State Office, part of a monthlong tour of Church of God congregations in Tennessee by church officials. Several hundred people, from Cleveland and surrounding counties, attended the three-hour event and were not following many of the coronavirus guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

On June 24, two days after that gathering, Page announced the first COVID-19 case in his congregation. The next day, Page announced in a Facebook video that there were five cases in the church. The day after that, June 26, Page said there were at least 12 confirmed cases and the church services would be online-only for June 28 and July 5.

We're all tired of it, and public health authorities are providing great information on how to combat it. Please listen to them.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,577.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
fetchimage

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God sometimes doesn’t protect stupidity.
It's almost more like rebellion than stupidity. Even in the OT God told the Israelites to put those with leprosy isolated outside the camp in order to not spread the disease.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Church of God congregations in Cleveland, Tennessee, shut down with coronavirus infections
Outbreak comes after hosting revival, in-person services. 'Aren't you tired of COVID?' the pastor had asked the gathered crowd

"Aren't you tired of COVID?" Page asked the crowd on June 14. "I'm tired of it. I'm ready for it to go in the name of Jesus and I believe by faith it will. It's on the downturn."

On June 22, Westmore held a regional worship service for the Tennessee Church of God State Office, part of a monthlong tour of Church of God congregations in Tennessee by church officials. Several hundred people, from Cleveland and surrounding counties, attended the three-hour event and were not following many of the coronavirus guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

On June 24, two days after that gathering, Page announced the first COVID-19 case in his congregation. The next day, Page announced in a Facebook video that there were five cases in the church. The day after that, June 26, Page said there were at least 12 confirmed cases and the church services would be online-only for June 28 and July 5.

We're all tired of it, and public health authorities are providing great information on how to combat it. Please listen to them.
We are all tired of it, and most of us heeded the warnings and the stay-at-home orders. Some did not.

This was really a question among the Church of is it "Prefer others to yourselves" and stay away and online until it is safe for all? OR is it "If you really have faith, you will just believe God will heal you."

Most went the first way, and a few went the second.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Well, if he's so tired, he'll have plenty of bed rest now...

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0