aren't you supposed to feel braxton hicks?

Ruhama

25 'הושע ב
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
✟891.00
Faith
Messianic
Okay so I'm beginning my third trimester and I still don't know what these things are supposed to feel like.

Occasionally I'll feel tight but it seems to me that it lasts a good bit longer than a couple minutes.

My back is in a constant state of pain, maybe I'm missing them because of that?

And if so, how am I going to be able to tell when they get closer together and real labor starts? Anyone else have similar experiences?

HoshiG

Oct 18, 2004
✟15,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've had braxton hicks since 24 weeks (this is my first pregnancy). For me my tummy gets hard for about 30-60 seconds. My tummy doesn't actually feel like anything, what I feel is the pressure on my bladder and my diaphragm. I think everyone gets braxton hicks, but not everyone can tell they are getting them, especially during a first pregnancy.

Last night, I had my very first false labor. If definately feels different than braxton hicks, so you'll know when it happens. Now I'm on the waiting game, yay!

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With my first pregnancy I didn't really have Braxton Hicks. As far as knowing you are in labour, it won't help to say this but when the time comes you KNOW. I only got to 3 cm before needing an emergency c/section, but I did have early labour and it feels different to BH.

The tightening you describe sounds like BH to me.
As for how long they last, I don't know how long they are supposed to last, but I get them for around 30-60 seconds too.

This is my 2nd pg though, so everything is a bit different this time around. :D

Upvote 0