aren't without God-weddings pointing to the idea He would be superfluous?

dailyprayerwarrior

Sep 2, 2019
Blaine
✟12,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I would attend if it would bring honor to the guest. In this situation it is highly likely I would be witnessing to this groom and/or bride to some degree as my close friends are Born Again and would always have a wedding centered around the Lord. They would also be aware that having a wedding centered around God would be my preference. I would never hide that the Lord is my Father to anyone.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They would also be aware that having a wedding centered around God would be my preference. I would never hide that the Lord is my Father to anyone.
Yes, thank you, but is it enough to avoid doing God harm? i mean, by doing so, don't you also bear the testimony, through this ceremony not centered around Him, that He is a superfluous person to invite, whatever your belief is, for the reason that it would be the message this ceremony (not you: the ceremony) bears

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, thank you, but is it enough to avoid doing God harm? i mean, by doing so, don't you also bear the testimony, through this ceremony not centered around Him, that He is a superfluous person to invite, whatever your belief is, for the reason that it would be the message this ceremony (not you: the ceremony) bears
You raise a good point. When you show up for and participate in something, you are generally taken to implicitly approve of it, and silently signal your joy and acceptance, at least to other guests. Especially at a wedding.

So, if you do not approve of a Godless, secular, humanistic wedding, as a Christian, I think it would be a good idea to not attend.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, if you do not approve of a Godless, secular, humanistic wedding, as a Christian, I think it would be a good idea to not attend.
Hello Gracia Singh,
I'm very happy you share in this point that's a very original one: In France, since 1905, when a law suppressed the church's influence over the state, there has been a great deal of those lay weddings, and during my lifetime, the more often, christians did attend them as well.
i wish you a happy marital life

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0