Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Many walks around believing we`re just a brain and they force the statement if you ask also or question it, so I wanted to prove them wrong, every year there`s actually many children that are born without one, they just have the brainstem, some doctors will say that our eyes are controlled by our brain, but these children who are born without it, still have both personalit and are able to control their eyes, some might say these children looks a little under-developed, but truth is, they have been treated different their entire life because of missing this organ, another point is that we don`t really feel so much pain in it, but isn`t it then strange that we feel pain in our bodies, but not in the thing that`s supposed to be us? Exactly, it doesn`t seem very logical, some also will say that if you`re shot in the back so it hits the brainstem, you`re dead, oposed the brain which often can survive both a shot and some other damage, I`ve added some pictures of children without a brain, I know it`s kinda emberassing for cynical people who say you`re just a brain to be disproven, but that`s why I wrote this also because it offends me when people think i`m something I`m not :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You have not posted any pictures of children "without a brain." You have posted pictures of children with various levels of physically and surgically altered skulls that do, in fact, contain brain matter. If what you said were true we could surgically remove a person's brain and they could still walk and talk. This simply is not the case. The human organism is resilient and adaptable to varying defects which might reduce and reconfigure the brain yet still allow a person to be, well, a person, albeit usually with cognitive disabilities when compared to the average.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
our eyes are controlled by our brain, but these children who are born without it, still have both personalit and are able to control their eyes,
None of that is accurate. While the pons is certainly part of eye movement control without at least the cerebellum there will be no functional control of the eyes.

Without the prefrontal context there is going to be be no personality.

We don’t feel pain in the brain because it does not have pain receptors.

You are seriously miss-informed. Those pictures don’t show what you think they show.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
Many walks around believing we`re just a brain and they force the statement if you ask also or question it, so I wanted to prove them wrong, every year there`s actually many children that are born without one, they just have the brainstem, some doctors will say that our eyes are controlled by our brain, but these children who are born without it, still have both personalit and are able to control their eyes, some might say these children looks a little under-developed, but truth is, they have been treated different their entire life because of missing this organ, another point is that we don`t really feel so much pain in it, but isn`t it then strange that we feel pain in our bodies, but not in the thing that`s supposed to be us? Exactly, it doesn`t seem very logical, some also will say that if you`re shot in the back so it hits the brainstem, you`re dead, oposed the brain which often can survive both a shot and some other damage, I`ve added some pictures of children without a brain, I know it`s kinda emberassing for cynical people who say you`re just a brain to be disproven, but that`s why I wrote this also because it offends me when people think i`m something I`m not :)
It's understandable that you might think that those children have no brain, but they do.

In some of them, little above the brain stem has developed, so their cognitive functions are rudimentary. In others, the developing brain has been compressed by abnormal fluid pressure in the skull during development; these children can develop almost normally - the brain is amazingly resilient to this kind of abnormality during development.

There are also cases where one cerebral hemisphere (i.e. half the brain) has been removed to prevent potentially fatal seizures - if done under about 5 years old, the remaining hemisphere can develop to compensate, leaving only a minor physical weakness on one side of the body.

Upvote 0

The happy Objectivist

Jul 3, 2020
Center
✟65,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We are biological organisms. We are our brain, our stomachs, our ears, our big toenails our body, our actions, our values, our thoughts, our plans, etc. I don't see why so many people want to split us into parts. My brain would be useless without the rest. I couldn't have thoughts without my brain. My body would be useless without my brain. I am an inseparable integration of matter and consciousness.

Upvote 0