Are your feelings biblical?

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
At the risk of getting off topic...

It seems that those who are aware of the cycle of abuse (abusers were abused) can choose to end it rather than perpetuate it. "It stops with me."
This is true. However, finding that space of time between stimuli and response is impossible for some people where they're at, so the process may vary or be inaccessible to some. At least for the time being, since with God anything is possible.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed something about engaging with babies. You can get their attention and engage with them using direct eye contact. But they seem to only be able to take so much at a time and divert their eyes to take a break, as it were. and then look back at you to engage some more before they take another break. As an adult I can observe this whole thing without looking away. Fascinating.
Indeed.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Michael Collum

Because pf the subject of babies, would like to mention something when it comes down to us when were too were once infant babies.

When we are brought into this world -> you are dressed and clothed, when you cry you get fed by a breast or a bottle, when you are walked around with by being held and that stops as infants we do not like that.

So far everything you perceive is yours.

You grow up and you see your hand and now you are like oh well the world has been serving me so far, look at this thing it bends and grabs things, now the baby things it is on top of the world, now I can control things my own way.

Now you are moving on to perceiving to everything is yours as if the world owes you something.

So when we are brought into this world : as babies, infants, into toddlers, we are selfish and it is a natural process that happens.

(Of course take care of the children) but this is what the infant sees: as it is growing up.

It is very interesting when looking at it this way.
It is indeed very interesting. It is that cute hand that grabs your finger, that in length becomes the basis of covetousness. - The grasping hand in the heart that can never be full.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are your feelings biblical?
Most of them I would say yes, regarding the New Testament. The Old Testament? I don't know.

and whosoever beareth aught of the carcass of them shall wash his clothes and be unclean until the evening. Leviticus 11:25

And every thing whereupon any part of their carcass falleth shall be unclean. Whether it be an oven or ranges for pots, they shall be broken down; for they are unclean and shall be unclean unto you. Leviticus 11:35

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, ‘If a woman have conceived seed and borne a manchild, then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. Leviticus 12:2

What is a manchild? See those scriptures are weird to me.

Upvote 0