are you voting for Nationals or Labor in election this year?

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
and why?

i am voting for labor

National has been extremely cruel in the way they treat beneficieries

by offering work visas to overseas workers which made it hard for locals to find jobs in unskilled professions

then John Key had the nerve to call New Zealanders lazy instead of putting New Zealanders first

then Bill English made the statement that many beneficiaries are tested positive for drugs.

which was then challenged by Winston Peters

i have always wondered whether National policy are designed to get back at New Zealanders who traditionally do not vote for them

if so they are disgusting human beings.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and why?

i am voting for labor

National has been extremely cruel in the way they treat beneficieries

by offering work visas to overseas workers which made it hard for locals to find jobs in unskilled professions

then John Key had the nerve to call New Zealanders lazy instead of putting New Zealanders first

then Bill English made the statement that many beneficiaries are tested positive for drugs.

which was then challenged by Winston Peters

i have always wondered whether National policy are designed to get back at New Zealanders who traditionally do not vote for them

if so they are disgusting human beings.
When National came into government I was happy for one reason, and that was because we now had a government who would give us what we expected to get from them, for better or for worse. A National led government is expected (I would have thought) to be capitalist and right leaning.

The bigger disappointment, for a number of people I believe, and myself, is when we vote in what claims to be a left wing, socially minded party that then turns away from the wishes of the constituency to follow the ideology of its leaders (or those who woo the leaders). This seems to be reflected in the turn of many traditional Labor supporters to Maori, NZ First, or the Greens.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
A quick question: What are "beneficieries"? Are they like what we call the "homeless" in the US?
Thank you.
A beneficiary is a recipient of a welfare payment.

Like in the US, the homeless are entitled to claim welfare payments but may struggle to do so as receipt of payment often requires a permanent address.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'll vote Greens, they have the best policies for gay and feminist renewable energy projects. But most importantly they annoy the major parties that aren't real flash at the moment either. :p

gay marriage is against will of God and no Christian should support it.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The bigger disappointment, for a number of people I believe, and myself, is when we vote in what claims to be a left wing, socially minded party that then turns away from the wishes of the constituency to follow the ideology of its leaders (or those who woo the leaders). This seems to be reflected in the turn of many traditional Labor supporters to Maori, NZ First, or the Greens.

really, in what ways has labour betrayed its constituents?

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
gay marriage is against will of God and no Christian should support it.
I dont think you got my sarcasm at the greens crazy policies. they would support land rights for gay whales if it got a vote.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
really, in what ways has labour betrayed its constituents?
One example: The constituency of NZ voted (in a non-binding referendum) strongly (87.4%) against the removal of the defence of reasonable force when used for discipline or correction of minors from section 59 of the crimes act. The government of the time nevertheless continued against the wishes of the people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One example: The constituency of NZ voted (in a non-binding referendum) strongly (87.4%) against the removal of the defence of reasonable force when used for discipline or correction of minors from section 59 of the crimes act. The government of the time nevertheless continued against the wishes of the people.

you have a point here

though like i have mentioned, i kind of wondered whether John Key and Bill English are trying to "get back" at New Zealanders that is not traditionally their constituents.

if that is the case, then they are truly evil.

John Key in particular, is a real s*** anyway.

Upvote 0