• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Are you totally free from inappropriate contentography?

Are you totally free from inappropriate contentography?

• I'm a woman, yes I'm totally free

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I'm a woman, no I sometimes fall back

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I'm a man, yes I'm totally free

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I'm a man, no I sometimes fall back

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes
At work I and the boys would check it out.
Realized God was watching me.
Have not been back.

The bible tells me to
stop your sinning
or something worse may happen to you.

I have seen this played out in my life and the life's of others all too often.

Best to follow the Book.

Sin only brings with it pain.
Maybe not right away
but, for sure in short time.

Life here on Earth is short.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Ironically that freedom only happened for me during the last year, when I tried to follow the life of Mary, the mother of Jesus, from the beginning of the Annunciation, and all the way through to Jesus' early ministry days.

Understanding what Mary did, where she was in her timeline of the situations and problems that she faced, how she then handled each situation, and realizing where her courage and obedience came from really helped me to say no to the 'easy way out" of inappropriate contentography.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Maybe a word of encouragement to some. Many focus on overcoming certain things like this but if you put your focus on what you put on....meditation of the word of God, prayer and fellowship with the Lord any wrong desires will be diminished and taken out of your existence. Jesus said we're sanctified by his word, meaning his word and fellowship with him elevates us to that higher place of overcoming. You'll find your not always fighting wrong desires....your desire for other things which are good becomes greater.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
agree with the above. It's an unfortunate turn of events that was capitalized upon, and which in turn has degenerated remarkably from whence it started.

In days of old these things also happened. What was different was they weren't considered newsworthy, so the likelihood of finding out either the names of the parties involved, (much less the provocative poses) was far less likely than it is today.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was free... or so I thought. Then "innocent" stuff started to sneak it's way back. I believe you have to find something that really motivates you to stay away. That it's a sin is not enough.
You, Sir, are a true thinker, and should have little trouble beating this. The ones in real danger are those who think they have simply left this stuff all behind them. They will be shockingly surprised one day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was free... or so I thought. Then "innocent" stuff started to sneak it's way back. I believe you have to find something that really motivates you to stay away. That it's a sin is not enough.

No matter how good it taste for a while sin is never worth it.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Another tip since we're talking about it. Be super careful of clicking on anything saying you need to install Adobe Flash bc some malware pirates use that as a way of installing a hostage virus on your computer. That never happened to me but many, many others had that horror. So what happens is the virus infects your computer with nonstop inappropriate content. Super graphic, awful inappropriate content. Then the same people who put that virus on your computer pretend to be a malware clean up service, saying if you pay them a $$$ fee it can be removed. The point is to then steal your credit card. Or they don't even bother with that charade and just demand a ransom. They know that people are so humiliated and horrified by the inappropriate content they're gonna be desperate and pay up. There are other ways of getting rid of the virus than paying the ransom.

For a while a super popular way of infecting computers that way was to send fake emails that looked like they were from Fb or something from a friend of yours. It would say there was a video that you were in or something like that, so the person would click the link and then would get the notice that they had to install the flash player or whatever 1st. They'd do that then boom.

The only good thing is that it really emphasized that inappropriate content is something so so so awful that pirates use it to hurt people. It's not like the malware pirates were infecting computers with pictures of puppies, they used inappropriate content for a reason. It made the laptop infected with this sickness. I think maybe that's kinda of a metaphor? That if you let inappropriate content into your brain it can infect it.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's a good tip though not always a practical one bc lots of times there are things that look innocent enough but aren't & you don't know that till you click. This happened on my school laptop that has filters on it and usually filters adult stuff off but this got through. One of my friends from IRL had joined CF first. She warned me of trolls here. The sickest most perverted thing she ever saw in her whole entire life was posted on this forum by a troll. She'd been suspicious & before she posted on the thread that was in the teen section she first looked and saw that the same person had posted in the Baptist section. Everybody there believed him to be real. He fooled all the adults. He didn't have the link in that thread but the same story. So she clicked on it. It was super super sick, incredibly disgusting.

What I saw wasn't bc of an article. It was ALL over social media that Trump had had the affairs with the
inappropriate content actresses & then his lawyer went to prison for paying them off. It was something that was unavoidable. Just something as wholesome as listening to the news in the car lead to that. My little brother asked what an "adult actress" was. Thanks, Trump. What I clicked on wasn't an article. It was a social media post that was trending, so I thought it was safe. It didn't have any profanity in the post itself. I clicked the hyperlinked names thinking that was going to be to Wikileaks or something bc that is normal, but instead it was of inappropriate content.

I was only 15 then. Of course I'd heard of inappropriate content but had never had any desire to see it! Mountainman is like 70, it's not like when he was a kid the internet even existed for him to fall into a trap like that. When he was a kid the president didn't make international news for paying off inappropriate content stars he had raunchy adulterous affairs with. It's super disconcerting that men that age are more focused on protecting Trump who is also in his 70s than thinking at all of kids who learned about inappropriate content bc of Trump's actions.

Of course mistakes like that happen when your a kid, it happens to the best of us even adults..

I don't click links at all. I really don't and that keeps me safe from a lot. If someone can't post it on the forum I'm reading, I don't read it at all.

I read what is posted in the thread Im reading, and stop there.. no links. Not even on a forum like this.

It's either links to inappropriate material, links to sites that will potentially infect my computer or just sheer laziness on the part of the OP but either way I can't be bothered to read it if the poster cant be bothered to quote it..

It's a good maxim to have..

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Of course mistakes like that happen when your a kid, it happens to the best of us even adults..

I don't click links at all. I really don't and that keeps me safe from a lot. If someone can't post it on the forum I'm reading, I don't read it at all.

I read what is posted in the thread Im reading, and stop there.. no links. Not even on a forum like this.

It's either links to inappropriate material, links to sites that will potentially infect my computer or just sheer laziness on the part of the OP but either way I can't be bothered to read it if the poster cant be bothered to quote it..

It's a good maxim to have..

That is smart. I now have this filter called NSFW. It means Not Safe for Work. It blocks things that normal settings to protect you may miss.

I think sometimes clicking links are unavoidable. On here, I think in some sections you're required to post a link to a source for what you're discussing. You're only allowed to post a small % of an article.
I had some old dude here demand that I post links for him bc he refused to look up anything for himself. He insisted I had to serve him the citations. I'm never gonna cater to somebody like that again but I had done as he wanted and posted the links. It's common for ppl to hyperlink somebody's name so that it then leads to info about them, more than what could be fit into a post. That's what I thought I was clicking on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am free from inappropriate content by the grace of God. I am not free from my evil desires. I will be carrying my old man on my cross till I leave this earth.

There is the natural desire for admiring beauty then there is my evil eye. Like an intense curiosity that triggers many times without me being fully aware of it. Then I have to rein it in and rebuke it before it becomes something my old man can use.

I always thought I was cursed due to being extremely near sided, but it has turned into a blessing. When I need to talk to a woman or women and my eye is triggered. I can take off my glasses and it cuts it off.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you free?
Yes I’m free,I still struggle with non-inappropriate contentographic sexual struggles.
(Desires,carried away thoughts,watching a YouTube clip on something completely opposite to inappropriate contentography but having implications of things close to it(which I avoid strongly now))
NOTE:THIS PART ISNT FLAMING,ITS MY TESTIMONY AGAINST inappropriate contentOGRAPHY:I ultimately quit indulging in that disgusting inappropriate contentographic garbage a year and a 1/4 ago.I was angry and fed up with its control over me and I said “I’m not going to let this separate me from God,it was God or hell,and I’ve always loved God dearly so I chose him” and repented of it; over the past year I’ve grown tremendously over inappropriate contentography,now I have a deep resentment,abhorrence, anger,and deep deep hatred towards inappropriate contentography.The very thought of the adulterers and adulteresses and Fornucators angers and enrages me so badly I almost shatter my teeth in anger.

I despise inappropriate contentography,All it does is enslave,destroy,condemn,and kill.It ruins marriages,degrades both sexes,ruins and poisons Gods true loving and self sacrificial image of sexual intimacy God intended for a Husband and wife.Truth be told Gods perspective,which I personally think he has placed within me,is incredible,it’s a self sacrificing,selfless, humble,loving,nurturing,caring,protecting,kind,gentle,deep love a Husband has for his wife and a wife has for her husband,all inappropriate contentography does is promotes lust,fornication,adultery, sexual immorality,homosexuality,prostitution,rape,etc.

What’s even worse is the dangerous and devastating consequences it causes.Truth be told,Serial killer Ted bundy,a man who at one point before his crimes was a Methodist youth minister,found inappropriate contentographic magazines in a dumpster and that eventually down spiraled him into inappropriate contentographic sociopathic insanity.It literally can turn those it enslaves into killers or rapists.What’s even worse than that is it’s consequences,it is the broad path to hell;the Bible strictly speaks against sexual immorality and it’s terrible effects of a believer(Hebrews 13:4,Matthew 5:28,Ephesians 5:3,Ephesians 5:5)

I never ever regret repenting of inappropriate contentography.And I strongly encourage anyone out there who is enslaved to repent while there is time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I try to repent but I keep falling back. COVID lockdowns started me with inappropriate content. Before that I use to think it was discusting. When I saw an naked woman I use be scared away and not look, now when I see an naked woman it does not phase me one bit. I just can't delete that 60 GB of adult videos I have on the cloud. I am single with no girlfriend or wife.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Keeping out of trouble by not looking for it! Learning to serve God in our practical lives is definitely important.

I love the verse below

Galatians 6:7-8
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.​

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0