Are you the type of person Jesus would want to spend Eternity with?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Answer:

The question is about eternity, Brinny. You are asking me to describe what all of eternity will be like, and what every one of us will think and feel, with scripture and verse to back it up. What makes you think I could do that?

How about if we discuss your verses? You do a lot of demanding that everyone else quote chapter and verse yet rarely do you quote chapter and verse yourself. Why is everyone answerable to Brinny, yet she is not answerable to anyone herself?

LOL! I had no idea that you felt "answerable" to me. I thought we were answerable to GOD, yes?

I asked you to post verses that you are basing your opinion on regarding being in a holy God's presence.

I thought i had missed something, because i don't remember reading anything of the sort.

That's why i asked you to post those Bible verses you are basing your opinion on.

I'd like to read them too.

Thank you kindly.

Praying.

Let it rain.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ask yourself this question and think.

Because if your answer wavers then you should really find out why :)
I hope and pray that I'm someone Christ would want to spend eternity with because that is my heart's desire. He is my first love and I don't want to lose that. God is faithful, by whom we are called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord so I'm trusting Him to keep me near. It's the Holy Spirit in me that is going to quicken my mortal body to be with Him in my resurrected body form.
That does not preclude that my mind and spirit are not in communion with Him now because the bible expressly tells us that we do have that connection now.

Jesus demonstrated to His disciples the connection that we can have with Him now when He approached to travel with the couple to their home in Emmaus. Luke 24:15; Psalms 119:63
Walking with Him as He is in the light is having fellowship with one another. I hope that in devoting myself to His teachings, in fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters, communing in the breaking of bread that Christ demonstrated with the disciples at Emmaus, and in continual prayer that God will have taught me to be a fit companion for His Son.

1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
Malachi 3:16
Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name.​

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

GandalfTheWise

In search of lost causes and hopeless battles
May 27, 2012
Wisconsin
✟71,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God created us each to be unique individuals and that will continue into eternity. There will be something that each one of us brings to eternity that no one else will.

It's my conjecture that eternity will be dynamic rather than static. We will keep on growing, learning, and changing; and God will keep on rolling out new surprises and adventures.

It's also my conjecture that we will remain finite and have limitations. There will be things we do not know; but can learn. There will be things that we cannot do because it is beyond our capability. I think being finite and limited is very different from being sinful. Will we never physically stumble or trip on something walking in the New Jerusalem? Will we never bump into someone as we both come around a corner? Will we never make any type of mistake due to ignorance or finiteness? I don't know.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The part of me that will be in the presence of the TRI-UNE GOD is SPIRIT. As a CHANGED spirit, born again from above per John 3, I am a beloved son, a child of God. The Shepherd is always happy to see His "sheep"...true believers. John 10.

John 1:12
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become "children of God", even to those who believe in His name,

1 John 3:1 [ Children of God should Love "One Another" ]
See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called "children of God"; and such we are.

In what "form" will we appear before the TRI-UNE GOD? ..."spirit bodies"?!

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound,
and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be CHANGED.

1 Corinthians 15: 42-49 (NASB) ...Jesus' Resurrection promises all believers a "spiritual body"

Philippians 3 : 10, 20 (NIV1984) Jesus: "glorious body"

1 John 3:2

Romans 6:5

Romans 8:11

Ecclesiastes 12:1-8 ...Remember God in Your Youth...because the Body / Soul combo deteriorates until death!
7 then the dust (Body/Soul combo) will return to the earth as it was (Genesis creation!2:7 ),
and the (Man's) SPIRIT will return to God who gave it.(Genesis 1:26)

Mark 12:25
For when they rise from the dead,
they neither marry nor are given in marriage,
but are LIKE angels in heaven. (spirit beings)

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe that God created us each to be unique individuals and that will continue into eternity. There will be something that each one of us brings to eternity that no one else will.

Agreed.

It's my conjecture that eternity will be dynamic rather than static. We will keep on growing, learning, and changing; and God will keep on rolling out new surprises and adventures.

I love it! I wonder, since the angels become our servants in Heaven, maybe we will each have our own batch of guardian angels in Heaven and they will help us and we will be able to get them to do things and maybe play games with other children of God and their angels together. Think friendly competition in a sense.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My answer wavers because of my deep contrition. I find it hard to see how God can love me when i don't love myself. However, i see the Lord leading me as well, and it gives me joy. Praise the Lord.

I relate to what you are saying just wanted to say God does love us even when we don't love ourselves. Isn't it wonderful to know that God's love for each of us is not dependent on how we see ourselves.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0