Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I define myself as a Disciple of the Lord Jesus.
I would consider it An honour of someone else referred to me as “Christian“ but generally I do not refer to “myself“ by this title any more.

The word is used in the new testment all of 3 Times!
In contrast the word disciple appears about 260 times.

The term Christian is a little difficult to pin down in meaning.it has a few variations. But it is Not a term the followers of Jesus ever gave themselves.
In many aspects it would be arrogance to do so..a troubling thought.

The term was first used at Antioch..
The local people ,whom were Not followers of Jesus, looked at the lives preaching and miracles of his disciples and ,simplisticly speaking.,
Called them Christians.
Because they were so much LIKE CHRIST..
They spoke the gospel of repentance baptism and holiness.they wrought miracles in his name and they were willing to die to do so,willing to lay down their lives in the pursuit of God's kingdom..Just like Jesus.
And so they got called..by the world..
Like CHRIST ones.. “christians“!

So..look at your life..are we like CHRIST.
Do we live as he lives ,do we do the things he does.are we like him?

Are you REALLY a Christian ?
Do you really have the right to bestow upon yourself that honoured title?

I song..But. I am his disciple..a student learning to BECOME like my Lord and master.
And if one day some one else points at me and says “there is a Christ like one (a christian) I will be humbled and honoured.

In the mean time I am committed to Going..healing the sick.preaching the Gospel ,driving out demons,baptizing in Jesus name and making more disciples training them to Go and do the same. And being transformed into his image.
He did not ever accept nor excuse sin.
He was no pleaser of men ..he spoke to all equally and compromised Nothing.
He was in the world ,but never of it.He dined with sinners yet maintained holiness at all times.
And he said Follow me....
Are you REALLY a Christian ?

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More than Christians, the early followers were called people of the Way. Jesus said I an the way, the truth and the light. People of the way were followers of Christ.
Yes indeed.. They walked in the way obediently.the way Jesus has made available by Grace they lived in through faith..
They didn't just say they believe then change nothing and do nothing.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Am I REALLY a Christian? The moment I had FAITH, I was saved and became a Christian. Do I always REALLY behave as a Christian? No, none us do ALL the time.

While we SHOULD examine our behavior in reference to our WITNESS, our behavior has NOTHING to do with our SALVATION...

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Am I REALLY a Christian? The moment I had FAITH, I was saved and became a Christian. Do I always REALLY behave as a Christian? No, none us do ALL the time.

While we SHOULD examine our behavior in reference to our WITNESS, our behavior has NOTHING to do with our SALVATION...
Really..? So the day Jesus returns your laying in bed having sex with your neighbors wife you will still be saved because your behaviour has nothing to do with it?
No sure you are greatly deceived.a hearer of the word but not a doer.

• Agree
Reactions: Victor E.
Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Really..? So the day Jesus returns your laying in bed having sex with your neighbors wife you will still be saved because your behaviour has nothing to do with it?
No sure you are greatly deceived.a hearer of the word but not a doer.

As crazy as it sounds, if I TRULY came to faith, I would still be raptured...

What if you were caught telling your wife to tell someone who called that you did not want to speak to that you were not home the day Jesus returns?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Th
As crazy as it sounds, if I TRULY came to faith, I would still be raptured...

What if you were caught telling your wife to tell someone who called that you did not want to speak to that you were not home the day Jesus returns?
ThAt would be lying ..we don't lie.
And no. You would not be caught up to be with the Lord Jesus ..he says to those who work iniquity (a behaviour )depart from me.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Th

ThAt would be lying ..we don't lie.
And no. You would not be caught up to be with the Lord Jesus ..he says to those who work iniquity (a behaviour )depart from me.

What sin can I commit after I am saved that is not already forgiven?

I am NOT condoning abusing grace or saying "Since I am saved it does not matter WHAT I do..."

As my signature says, "good works" are a product of salvation, NOT part of the equation...

If you believe "you" can live in sinless perfection after salvation, you are fooling yourself...

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What sin can I commit after I am saved that is not already forgiven?

I am NOT condoning abusing grace or saying "Since I am saved it does not matter WHAT I do..."

As my signature says, "good works" are a product of salvation, NOT part of the equation...

If you believe "you" can live in sinless perfection after salvation, you are fooling yourself...
The sin your not repentant of.
Is the sin your not forgiven for.
Jesus said repentance for the forgiveness of sin is to be preached.

The holy spirit says ..he a person continues to practice sin ,they do not know God...
If your still practicing sin .you need to repent and get saved from it.
How are you “like Christ“ when you continuing in sin ..that is not a bit like the Lord Jesus at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I say I'm a Christian, I offer an explanation of what I mean. And I might encourage someone asking me to check out each person to see what he or she means, let each one speak for oneself.

Our Apostle Paul calls us "saints" :) So, we are not only called disciples and Christians.

Included in following Jesus is we learn from Him "and you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:29). So, yes I keep learning from Jesus, how to submit to and share with God in His own peace (Colossians 3:15), plus I keep learning how to relate in love > Ephesians 4:2, Hebrews 5:2.

And included in being a child of God is that our Father is correcting us > Hebrews 12:4-11.

So, there is so much more to being a Christian, than what we are doing or not. How we become in our character is important. Jesus, in His Sermon on the Mount, started right off with how to be . . . not what to do. Four verses of the Sermon on the Mount, at its beginning, are about how to be; and this would be in our character, our nature >

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

So, how we are becoming, not only what we do or do not do, is very important "that we may have boldness in the day of judgment".

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The sin your not repentant of.
Is the sin your not forgiven for.
Jesus said repentance for the forgiveness of sin is to be preached.

The holy spirit says ..he a person continues to practice sin ,they do not know God...
If your still practicing sin .you need to repent and get saved from it.
How are you “like Christ“ when you continuing in sin ..that is not a bit like the Lord Jesus at all.

So wait, let's say I am doing NOTHING wrong at the moment Christ returns BUT, earlier in the week I got mad at my neighbor and had not made up with him yet, I won't make it to heaven?

Upvote 0

LilShepherdBoy

Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People still have time but time is getting very very short till Jesus comes for His bride. Many Christians will find out on that day they were not really saved and will have to be tested during the tribulation.

In the parable of the sower, all 4 different individuals are Christians but only the 4th individual is a disciple, a true follower of Christ.

Luke 8:11-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. (this is a Christian who is not saved)

13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. (this is a Christian who is not saved)

14 Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. (this is a Christian who is not saved)

15 But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience. (this is a Christian who is a disciple and is saved)

When He comes for His bride, He'll only take those who's been practicing righteousness in the form of good works towards others --- these are those He calls His disciples. Anyone can accept His gift of salvation but only those who receives it are those who receives His words and obey.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me ~ John 10:27

John 10:27 is the salvation, not James 2:19.

1 John 2:28-29 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Titus 2:11-14 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
People still have time but time is getting very very short till Jesus comes for His bride. Many Christians will find out on that day they were not really saved and will have to be tested during the tribulation.

In the parable of the sower, all 4 different individuals are Christians but only the 4th individual is a disciple, a true follower of Christ.

12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. (this is a Christian who is not saved)

13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. (this is a Christian who is not saved)

14 Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. (this is a Christian who is not saved)

15 But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience. (this is a Christian who is a disciple and is saved)

When He comes for His bride, He'll only take those who's been practicing righteousness in the form of good works towards others --- these are those He calls His disciples. Anyone can accept His gift of salvation but only those who receives it are those who receives His words and obey.

28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

How can you be a Christian and not saved...???

Some are WAY to focused on what THEY do as opposed to what CHRIST did. FAITH saves you immediately, the HOLY SPIRIT seals you for ETERNITY, works are the fruit of being saved, NOT the seed of salvation...

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes indeed.. They walked in the way obediently.the way Jesus has made available by Grace they lived in through faith..
They didn't just say they believe then change nothing and do nothing.
Here is something you already know but I think some do not.
OFTEN I hear Gods love or being a desiple of Christ is unconditional
that it matters not what we do, how we live that Christ just loves us and we are
His unconditionally.
This is not true.
This may be hard for some to grasp, and I don't want anyone to misunderstand
it to mean God desires any to perish. HE DONT.
BUT our being a disciple of Christ is based ON HIS TERMS
not mans, HIS.
YE cannot be my disciple.............He makes this very plain.
or HE who loves anything more than me..........is NOT worthy of me.
not family first , not children or parents first.......JESUS FIRST.
IF we don't FOLLOW HIM.......HIS SAYINGS , HIS SPIRIT which teaches us this,
we are Not HIS.
HE who loves me keeps my sayings, my words, my commandments.
HE who loves me not keeps NOT my sayings.
MY words shall be your judge.
IF we continue Not in HIM............we are cast out.
and so very often I hear this saying of men too.
GOD is my best friend, JESUS has called me friend
JESUS has called us FRIEND.......but let us NOT forget what follows the IF
I have called you Friend........IF.......you do whatsoever I have commanded you.
YES, this was a good post you began today.
For many truly need to know if they follow CHRIST
or mens image of what they THINK and have made him into.
TRULY we need to read that bible and love them sayings and the wonderfull
Holy doctrine.
The very DOCTRINE , HOLY SCRIPS
which make one WISE unto salvation through Faith in CHRIST .
For many are following a different JESUS, a different gospel
a false grace.
so let me end it on the very definition of TRUE Grace.......
FOR THE grace of GOD that brings Salvation has appeared to all......CHEER, but keep reading
TEACHING us to deny ungodliness and wordly lusts
to be walking Righteously , soberly and godly in this present world.
FOR the SPIRIT is HOLY
and if we follow the HOLY spirit
the Spirit that even peter says
FOR it is HE IN YOU, WORKING that which is well pleasing in HIS sight.
HIS SIGHT. Grace is beautiful.
and if we follow the SPIRIT , we shall NOT fulfill the lusts of the FLESH
and those Who are CHRISTS............HAVE crucified the affections and lusts of the flesh.
WE have much to PONDER .
And MUST be SURE its the TRUE CHRIST we follow and not just the doctrines of men.
for man has fouled up bad, changed omitted parts, or added his thoughts
to a walk that should have been kept SIMPLE and PLAIN
and it is.......to THOSE who do have eyes and ears to truly see and follow the LAMB.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is good..but gives a false hope. Those who are not ready when he comes .are cast into outer darkness at judgment.

Upvote 0

LilShepherdBoy

Jun 15, 2015
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can you be a Christian and not saved...???

You need the holy spirit in order to be saved. The holy spirit is what gives you the relationship with God and Christ after they've come to dwell within you.

What makes Christ's way of salvation the only way effective compared to all other religion is the holy spirit. Following the guidance of the holy spirit daily is what transform you, and gets you saved (Sanctification). Jesus is the voice of the holy spirit who guides you within to salvation. This is His gift of salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LilShepherdBoy

Jun 15, 2015
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is good..but gives a false hope. Those who are not ready when he comes .are cast into outer darkness at judgment.

You can still be saved during the tribulation. It's a time of testing to get save for those who are not. If those who being left behind cannot be saved, there's not need to save Israel and leave the 144,000 behind in the tribulation. Also no need to send the 2 witnesses if they can't save anyone.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

You need the holy spirit in order to be saved. The holy spirit is what gives you the relationship with God and Christ after they've come to dwell within you.

What makes Christ's way of salvation the only way effective compared to all other religion is the holy spirit. Following the guidance of the holy spirit daily is what transform you, and gets you saved. Jesus is the voice of the holy spirit who guides you within to salvation. This is His gift of salvation.

Right, I get that, you kept saving "This is a Christian who is not saved..." However, you can't really call yourself a Christian if you are NOT saved...right?

Again, I get really TIRED of people, churches, pastors focusing on works and the Lordship Salvation garbage as opposed to having FAITH to save you, NOT works...

Yes, our salvation should produce fruit, some produce watermelons and others raisins, we are all at different MATURITY levels, some stay on milk WAY too long, others progress to meat quickly. As you said, it's all about yielding to the Holy Spirit...

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is something you already know but I think some do not.
OFTEN I hear Gods love or being a desiple of Christ is unconditional
that it matters not what we do, how we live that Christ just loves us and we are
His unconditionally.
This is not true.
This may be hard for some to grasp, and I don't want anyone to misunderstand
it to mean God desires any to perish. HE DONT.
BUT our being a disciple of Christ is based ON HIS TERMS
not mans, HIS.
YE cannot be my disciple.............He makes this very plain.
or HE who loves anything more than me..........is NOT worthy of me.
not family first , not children or parents first.......JESUS FIRST.
IF we don't FOLLOW HIM.......HIS SAYINGS , HIS SPIRIT which teaches us this,
we are Not HIS.
HE who loves me keeps my sayings, my words, my commandments.
HE who loves me not keeps NOT my sayings.
MY words shall be your judge.
IF we continue Not in HIM............we are cast out.
and so very often I hear this saying of men too.
GOD is my best friend, JESUS has called me friend
JESUS has called us FRIEND.......but let us NOT forget what follows the IF
I have called you Friend........IF.......you do whatsoever I have commanded you.
YES, this was a good post you began today.
For many truly need to know if they follow CHRIST
or mens image of what they THINK and have made him into.
TRULY we need to read that bible and love them sayings and the wonderfull
Holy doctrine.
The very DOCTRINE , HOLY SCRIPS
which make one WISE unto salvation through Faith in CHRIST .
For many are following a different JESUS, a different gospel
a false grace.
so let me end it on the very definition of TRUE Grace.......
FOR THE grace of GOD that brings Salvation has appeared to all......CHEER, but keep reading
TEACHING us to deny ungodliness and wordly lusts
to be walking Righteously , soberly and godly in this present world.
FOR the SPIRIT is HOLY
and if we follow the HOLY spirit
the Spirit that even peter says
FOR it is HE IN YOU, WORKING that which is well pleasing in HIS sight.
HIS SIGHT. Grace is beautiful.
and if we follow the SPIRIT , we shall NOT fulfill the lusts of the FLESH
and those Who are CHRISTS............HAVE crucified the affections and lusts of the flesh.
WE have much to PONDER .
And MUST be SURE its the TRUE CHRIST we follow and not just the doctrines of men.
for man has fouled up bad, changed omitted parts, or added his thoughts
to a walk that should have been kept SIMPLE and PLAIN
and it is.......to THOSE who do have eyes and ears to truly see and follow the LAMB.
This..
And again this.

Spoken as one born of the Holy spirit.
I mean not to praise you but to rejoice in your words..I cannot help it.

Upvote 0