Are you preparing for Terrorist attacks?

Are you doing anything to prepare for possible Terrorist attacks?

• I've got my duct tape, food, and plastic!!

• Nope! Going about life as normal.

Results are only viewable after voting.

cenimo

Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team
Mar 17, 2002
To your right
Visit site
✟10,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good idea waterwizard

It is hardly likely that duct tape could reallyseal of a room against a CBR attack...you know those photos of where heat leask are in a house? That's exactly where the stuff would come through...

Stocking up and food and water well maybe as it wouldn't be that hard to disruot the infrastructure for a little while, not hard at all. Just think of the traffic lights at the busiest intersectins where you live and what it's like when they aren't functioning.

Upvote 0
I have the normal stuff around here. We keep a small stock of extra batteries for flashlights/radio. A couple of 5 gal jugs of water. An extra gallon of bleach for sterilizing water if needed. Some fuel for the coleman camp stove...and some foods that are non-perishable placed in a rubbermaid tub with lid. Basically the kind of things you would keep in case of a storm causing a power outage for a few days, etc. A first aid kit. Another thing we always keep is a "to go" bag. A bible, Two changes of clothing for each of us...comfort items for the kids...A blanket for each of us, a few snack foods to get by on for a day or two and $200 emergency money in small bills. Something we could grab and leave everything else behind if we were forced to leave in the event of flooding, earthquake, etc. Common sense just to do those things. I've done this for as long as I can remember. Not because of the threat of war.

Upvote 0

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
My windows are sealed with plastic not due to the threat of a terror attack, but so we don't freeze to death this winter.:)

I have some emergency stuff on hand, water, batteries, flashlight. I am not going out and buying or doing anything special because of the threat of a terror attack. I am living life normally and will continue to do so.

Upvote 0

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ocean...... I hopeyour right - but I would never say NEVER......... the terrorist do not care what security is in place - if they want to try they will.....

I'm not doing anything extra.. I belong to a Search and Rescue so I have a prepared bag for that which includes bottled water - flashlights - batteries- duct tape among other things... I think the terrorists ar ehappy if they can scare those in US just by threats and nothing more -they know some people will be disrupted and thats one of the things they are after... even if they never strike - they know they can just yell BOO!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Today at 10:09 AM ocean said this in Post #9 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=650730#post650730)

I'm living life normally. There will never be another terrorist attack on the US or Canada.

Sure there will. It takes surprisingly little effort to blow up a building or mail Anthrax to a bunch of people.

Now, will we see another terrorist attack of the magnitude and co-ordination of the Sept 11th attacks? That remains to be seen...

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Today at 03:09 PM ocean said this in Post #9

I'm living life normally.

Me too.  I taught my 4 y/o to remember my cell phone # but she needs to be learning numbers anyway.  No duct tape, food stocking or getting in the gas lines for me.  I'm skeptical about everything.  If it happens, it happens.

There will never be another terrorist attack on the US or Canada.

Add the caveats "not anytime soon" and "not anywhere close to the magnitude of Sept. 11, 2001" and I agree.  If Al Queda was so powerful why no follow up to 9-11-01 in OCT 01 or so?  The best they'll be able to do is some car bomb stuff like they do in Israel but in the U.S. most people travel by private automobile so what are they going to do, take out a Dodge Stratus on the Dan Ryan Expressway?  Osama Bin Laden (or his electronic image anyhow) is all talk and no action. 

Ever see the movie "The Mouse That Roared" about a poor tiny European Principality that invaded Central Park on the pretext of getting foreign aid with an army of about 20 archers in medevial armor led by Prime Minister Peter Sellers?  That's about the level of absurdity this stuff is getting to.

Upvote 0

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lynn..... yopur talking bin laden - he isn't the only nut out there that could try to do something.... car bombs are pretty powerful - look at Oklahoma City bombing and the damage it did..... if the goof balls didn't screw up the first time they tried to bomb the WTC - they would have brought it down ealier..... I wouldn't put it past any crazy person to try anything.... doesn't mean we shouldn't go on with life....... if it happens - it happens -

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only way they can bring us down is through fear. They are no match for us in any way, on any day. It's our fear of them that we must defeat and that battle is in our heads. You have to put this in proper prespective. They have human bombs, human shields. We see human life as the most valuable gift from God. They are using our value system to bring us down and it's up to us to prevent that. Get tough, trust in God and go on with life.

Upvote 0

Michael0701

Harley Ridin' Believer!!
Nov 13, 2002
Tax Free Delaware!!
Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You said it!!

They have to be laughing at us in their caves in tora bora or where ever. Condition Orange??? Duct tape, plastic sheeting???? The only way we can win the war is to live our lives as normal as possible. To put up with a certian degree of loss of civil liberties, to support our president and armed forces and to publicly profess our faith in the one true God (now that alone has to be making them nuts).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nelzador

At the music heist, I met the gourmet man with alu
Jan 1, 2003
Away
✟976.00
Today at 07:14 PM eldermike said this in Post #14 The only way they can bring us down is through fear. They are no match for us in any way, on any day. It's our fear of them that we must defeat and that battle is in our heads. You have to put this in proper prespective. They have human bombs, human shields. We see human life as the most valuable gift from God. They are using our value system to bring us down and it's up to us to prevent that. Get tough, trust in God and go on with life.

I agree mostly with this (aside from the God part). Fear will bring people down. It will destroy economies and it will destroy people's spirit and determination. That's what the terrorists want, for people to fall back on themselves, to doubt their government, to doubt their way of life and to become the enemy within. If you want to be champions over terrorism, you have to brave enough to stand up against it and I think America has done that and shown that it's not scared.

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
You know, I was thinking the other day--if you did a really great job of duct-taping your plastic sheeting around you in the bathroom--how long til your oxygen ran out? I mean, there's got to be some give and take there, people! haha. And if you're not going to do a really great job, what's the point.

Give me a break--I'm not stocking up and getting ready. Ready for what? I think that having an emergency box of supplies is a good thing--but you should have that no matter what for storms and regular, old natural disasters. The only thing that I never keep, that I should, is water--I grew up with a well, and if our electric pump was out we just got a bucket and hauled it in the house. Living in a rural area meant you were last on the list of repairs when the electricity went out. bleh.

--tibac
--tibac

Upvote 0

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
Wayne, OKC was a Ryder truck full of explosives, a little different from a car.

I digress.

Eldermike said it best, as long as we live in fear of what they might do, they are succeeding in being terrorists. I personally am sick of hearing about paranoia condition orange, duct tape, and having people report to me that "some arabic looking guy is walking around looking suspicious, you guys should check him out..."

Over-reaction is a bigger enemy than Al Qaeda, and right now over-reaction is kicking the doo doo out of America.

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Well, my mom said something I think was an intelligent assessment. What can we really do to prepare anyhow? If, e.g., someone's planning to fly a plane into a building I'm going to, how can I stop them? How can I 'prepare' for that? I can't go around hauling a parachute with me every time I'm going to a more than one story building!

There is no point in "preparing" for terrorist attacks. Even if, say, you have those supplies to deal with an attack, what if you don't have them with you at work, when the attack comes? What if you can't get to them? Come on. The only reason the government's doing this is to cover their own behinds in case a terrorist attack happens...then they can sigh and shake their heads and claim, "Well, we WARNED you..."

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
When I hear the words preparation, I think of the people of Israel who have been doing this for years.  They prepare, and they  know what they're talking about.

Inside the garage door I have a rubbermaid container of water, flashlight, duct tape, first aid kit, antibacterial wipes, some food, can opener, etc.    Since our last earthquake, which could have been absolutely devastating had it not been 30 miles down, woke me up to the fact that I needed to be prepared.  If we get another 8.0, and it's closer to the surface, it may be a moot point, but what if it isn't?  I want to be able to take care of, and provide for my children/husband the best that I can.

I love Eldermikes response.  You hit the nail on the head!!  That was absolutely perfect.  Especially that part about getting tough, trusting in God, and go on with life. :hug:

Upvote 0