Are You Prepared For The Coming Economic Disaster And World Famine?

Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does believing in the ministry of the Holy Spirit require that we believe every grifter who claims to have "the gift of prophecy" (whatever that means)? I don't think so.

The Holy Spirit resides in EVERY Christian. If one opens his ears to listen.......just saying.

And grifter? Has any "self proclaimed" Spirit filled person here asked you or another for MONEY or for acclaim?

:confused:

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
yeshuasavedme said:
I'm glad you deleted your comment about "post-modern Christianity", because that shows your own hand, so to speak.

I don't think so. Christianity in a post-modern world is itself post-modern.

yeshuasavedme said:
The prophets of God whom He has set in the Church are not fortune tellers, neither today nor in the NT days.

Perhaps not, but then that means nobody here in Eschatology is a prophet/prophetic by any stretch of the imagination.

yeshuasavedme said:
All are not prophets, and if one does not acknowlege the ministry of the Holy Spirit with differing gifts in the Church, then they isolate themselves from the body and that makes for a very dysfunctional, crippled, body.

My sentiments exactly. We are to stay connected to the stream of the church of we are to maintain an acceptably orthodox theology.

I have a family member who says and does everything that many members in this sub-forum do and I've personally witnessed what a sad, destructive life they lead. Their entire being is wrapped up in fear of being unprepared and shrouded in a thin cloak of supreme piety, constantly trying to convey absurd "warnings" about thus-and-so that come to naught. This person is wholly wasting their time, energy and resources planted behind their computer screen trying to guesstimate the next "catastrophe" when they could be out there bringing Gods Kingdom to Earth as in Heaven through loving acts of compassion and generosity.

Reactions: 1Prophetess
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And grifter? Has any "self proclaimed" Spirit filled person here asked you or another for MONEY or for acclaim?
Here? No. Elsewhere? You betcha. Quite a few, in fact. Not acclaim, though, just money. And in those cases where I was able to observe the outcome of some of their "prophecies", they all turned out to be untrue, tus proving that the alleged "prophets" were liars and con men, out to "fleece the flock".

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here? No. Elsewhere? You betcha. Quite a few, in fact. Not acclaim, though, just money. And in those cases where I was able to observe the outcome of some of their "prophecies", they all turned out to be untrue, tus proving that the alleged "prophets" were liars and con men, out to "fleece the flock".
God has set prophets in the Church who have warned for many years of the economic collapse and world depression that is now soon to be upon us, globally.
The world has had these things before, and it is coming again. God purges His Church time to time, with things like this.

We in the west have watched as famines and economic collapse have come to many nations over the past several decades, but we have not had it come to us as it has to other nations, for almost a century.
It is upon us, say God's prophets, and we can prepare, say God's prophets, now, while there is time, so as to be in a position to help not just our own families, but others who will be needing it.
How we each prepare, who hear from the LORD on this, is individual, and personal. One may do one thing, another may do another, but as long as one seeks to hear from God in the matter, they will find His direction, from Him alone.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
yeshuasavedme said:
I doubt that you have anyone in your family remotely connected to doing anything anyone in this subforum says and does. The "sad destructive life" you say your family members lead is the giveaway to your claim being totally false.
I rather think that you only made that claim so as to set up a straw man, so as to knock it down with your "superior knowledge" absent of the Word or belief in the Word of God as true in that the Holy Spirit sets prophets in the Church today, and in all days, until the Church is removed from the earth and who give warnings of things that we may be prepared, as we seek God for how to direct our lives.

Oh no, I assure you this person is quite real.

I refrain from going into specifics about this individual on the off-chance they peruse these forums.

This person spends countless hours reading up on Steve Quayle's, Alex Jones', Rick Wiles' and Five Doves' crackpot end times theories. As a result of following such an ideology their kids barely respect them, their marriage is failing and they abuse a select few substances. All because this person lives a life engulfed in the kind of fear like the aforementioned website owners and their accompanying world views perpetuate.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God has set prophets in the Church who have warned for many years of the economic collapse and world depression that is now soon to be upon us, globally.
Apart from that, being a Prophet of Doom can be quite profitable. Just look at the megabucks that Al Gore has made off his role as a secular Prophet of Doom. "The End is Near, Send Money Now!" is the common message. Will there be another Great Depression? Eventually, yeah. Predicting that is like predicting that A Major Tragedy Will Occur. No kidding; it's just a matter of when. If there are actual prophets active in the Church today I haven't run across any of them.

It is upon us, say God's prophets
Yeah, self-styled "prophets" have been saying that for as long as I can remember. If they'd really been prophets conveying what God had told them they'd have gotten it right.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
yeshuasavedme said:
All you said is in no way connected to this OP. I'm sorry for your family. They obviously have no inner peace.
The message is not about hoarding. The message is about planning now for the future economic collapse and world famine. BTW, the message is that it will be in increasing stages, beginning but not concluded by the end of Feb, so you really do not have so long to wait to mock, scorn and deride, to see if these things will be increasing more and more, coming closer and closer to our own particular spots in the world..

I think it is. In that this family member is always sounding the alarm about different reasons we need to do thus-and-do.

You're welcome to follow such ideology but I'd rather devote my resources to alleviating the pain and suffering that actually exists in the world. I don't believe that we're in any more peril than anyone else has been over the last 2,000 years.

To each their own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
yeshuasavedme said:
I don't think you are thinking at all, but just charging like a bull in a china shop, to destroy all credibility of anyone other than yourself, for reasons of bias known only to yourself.

If you were a student of history and of the Bible, then you would know that God indeed uses His angels =the forces of nature, good and evil, to bring blessings or curses to nations. "The curse causeless does not come", says the Word, and the LORD does nothing without revealing to His servants, the prophets, first.
Also, you would understand the law of planting and reaping, if you were a student of the Bible history, and you would know without even any prophet of God making mention that it is upon us, and harvest time is near; for just as sowing in righteousness and peace brings a harvest of peace multiplied to a nation, then just so; sowing wickedly in unrighteousness and corruption and in rebellion against God always produces a crop, much multiplied, back to the sower. The fruit of our doings, world wide, will be manifest in the world wide economic distress and in the famine coming.
Knowing it is coming and being wise to do good, and to make plans to be as self sustaining as possible, under God's leading, so as to be a blessing to those whom God would send one's way is just wisdom.

Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I believe we should always maintain a posture that Christ will return and the dead will be resurrected but that posture is taken by getting out in the world and being actively involved in helping others. Not hidden behind a computer screen.

Actually, history is one of my greatest passions and the subject of my studies in college. But I don't believe that in the last 2,000 years anything that's occurred in the environment has been a result of divine judgment, but merely a fragmented creation in the process of being reconciled to its creator.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
yeshuasavedme said:

It isn't your business to be concerned about what Believers do with their time nor to blindly accuse them in a hypocritical manner.

...I don't believe that in the last 2,000 years anything that's occurred in the environment has been a result of divine judgment, but merely a fragmented creation in the process of being reconciled to its creator.

You have a very strange world view that is not remotely connected to the teaching of God in His Word, and His examples there, for instructions to the nations and to individuals, on how to be blessed or why one is cursed; for the curse causeless does not come.

Such condescension.

I'm only relating my own personal experiences with the similarities I witness here in eschatology. Additionally, if you're going to tell me that it's none of my business what other believers are doing with their time then I hope you maintain that position with anybody that purports other members need to do thus-and-so.

Finally, if you think a worldview that says that a life following a Jesus is synonymous with a life of meeting the needs of the poor, feeding the hungry, giving the thirsty a drink, defending the defenseless, and liberating the oppressed and downtrodden is somehow "disconnected from Scripture" then frankly I'm not sure what Scriptures you've been reading.

The orthodox position has always been that Christ's resurrection inaugurated the restoration of creation to the creator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The world has had these things before, and it is coming again. God purges His Church time to time, with things like this.

We in the west have watched as famines and economic collapse have come to many nations over the past several decades, but we have not had it come to us as it has to other nations, for almost a century.
It is upon us, say God's prophets, and we can prepare, say God's prophets, now, while there is time, so as to be in a position to help not just our own families, but others who will be needing it.
How we each prepare, who hear from the LORD on this, is individual, and personal. One may do one thing, another may do another, but as long as one seeks to hear from God in the matter, they will find His direction, from Him alone.
And when the time is come......and the calamities are upon us....those who have readied themselves, obeying the Word and our Beloved will gather to themselves strangers who have been sitting on the fence, and if we have only a few fish and loaves, we will multiply the harvest in Christ Jesus name and feed and keep warm as many as who shall come.

Praise and exalt Him above all forever!:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Such condescension.

I'm only relating my own personal experiences with the similarities I witness here in eschatology. Additionally, if you're going to tell me that it's none of my business what other believers are doing with their time then I hope you maintain that position with anybody that purports other members need to do thus-and-so.

Finally, if you think a worldview that says that a life following a Jesus is synonymous with a life of meeting the needs of the poor, feeding the hungry, giving the thirsty a drink, defending the defenseless, and liberating the oppressed and downtrodden is somehow "disconnected from Scripture" then frankly I'm not sure what Scriptures you've been reading.

The orthodox position has always been that Christ's resurrection inaugurated the restoration of creation to the creator.

I second this.

I would also add that, with the Second Advent comes not destruction but transfiguration of creation, making all things new again.

Upvote 0

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,408.00
Faith
Christian
It seems to be the message from certain prophets of God that it is soon to be upon us more extensively -globally- than in the past decades, where certain places in the world suffered while others did not, and those who would be prepared should plant food crops, and learn to farm.

There is time to plan now, for those who take heed.

I agree. Jesus warned his disciples ahead of time that Jerusalem was going to be destroyed so that they wouldn't suffer with the rest of the Jewish population. So, I don't see why Revelation wouldn't provide the same kind of warning for the Church.

I believe that the fifth trumpet applied farming terminology to warn the Church of a coming world-wide economic collapse.

The five months were symbolic for the five months of the harvest season. The locusts are significant because locusts devoured vegetation. What is being emphasized here is that the harvest season is going to be fruitless because these symbolic locusts are devouring the vegetation.

However, the vision takes a twist when it says that the vegetation isn't eaten, but the people are tormented. What I think that this is saying is that the workers and the customers are not going to get any fruit out of the labor. What this sounds like to me is a global stock market collapse. The symbolic fruits of the labor will be available, but will be worthless.

That means all savings are wiped out. Retirements are gone. Entire plans for the future are brought to ruin. The vision said that men would want to kill themselves, which is a sign of depression and hopelessness. Now, tie that in with the economic woe here and you have yourself a full-fledged global Great Depression.

In the book Nectar In A Seive, it tells of a farming family whose father works so hard throughout the season only to have locusts come and eat it up. Interestingly enough, the tannery nearby had already caused prices to rise in the village. The only comfort they had was to gorge themselves on the locusts.

Usually when economic depressions hit, the thing countries do is invade other countries and benefit off their resources. Christ gave a message to his Church. Instead of buying gold to save our wealth, he told us to buy gold refined in the fire, which the treasure of grace through faith. If you recall what happened when the economically depressed Roman Empire fell, the Roman bishop spoke directly with the invaders of Rome and kept them at bay, preserving the Roman Church and earning the Roman Church a title that would bring it prosperity and primacy for over a thousand years. (The abuses of that primacy is another topic however.)

People tend to lose their heads when their entire future falls apart before their eyes. Christ is warning us not to place our hopes in our works or in our wealth, but in His power to save us. If we do the right thing and keep our hopes, we will not go insane like those tormented by the figurative locust plague.

Thanks for thought provoking message yeshuasavedme. God bless

Last edited:
Reactions: yeshuasavedme
Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While elevating yourself, you hypocritically accuse, again.
Goodbye.

How is he being hypocritical considering you do not know Bourne in person and how he conducts his Christian life? You would do well to address the substance of his reply if you are able.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I second this.

I would also add that, with the Second Advent comes not destruction but transfiguration of creation, making all things new again.

Careful, you're sounding entirely too Christian for the Eschatology forum. You must be one of them.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Careful, you're sounding entirely too Christian for the Eschatology forum. You must be one of them.

-CryptoLutheran

**Clamps his hands on Via's mouth**

Shhhhh! Don't blow our cover as Illuminati conspirators! :p

Upvote 0