Are You Prepared For The Coming Economic Disaster And World Famine?

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I prefer to avoid the inane ramblings of self-proclaimed prophets. I would much rather place myself into the care and trust of my Lord Jesus Christ and the providence of Almighty God.

Jesus said not to worry about tomorrow for tomorrow worries about itself, rather today has its own problems to be concerned about. I think I'll take Jesus over self-made prophets any day of the week.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

MasterRich

Jesus Saved me on Easter Day! 03/04/2010
Mar 22, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland UK
Visit site
✟20,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I put my 100% trust in the Lord and he will provide for me. I have 100% faith in him and I know he takes care of me. He has kept me safe for over 6 years now. Jesus lives in me just as he lives in his father and his father lives in him. Do not be concerned about what to eat or what to wear because the pagans seek those things.

"First seek the Kingdom of Heaven and then my father will give you those things you need"
So I am not at all worried I know what is to come upon this world I know times will be difficult but I always pray and have faith in God to keep me safe and give me strength from now to the end.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi YSM,

Yes, I too, follow in the camp of the previous responses. God will provide and even though I die, I will live again. If it is my lot in life to starve because of lack of food; if it is my lot in life to die at the hands of mad men kicking in my door; if it is my lot to suffer in this world, then I accept that and I will cry out as Job did. "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"

I see that the very words from my Savior's mouth are that I am to expect suffering and trials while I am living this existence upon the earth. I accept! I only pray that when that day comes, I will die with the praises of my Savior and my God upon my lips.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

youngdisciplectl3

Dec 31, 2011
West Virginia
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with all on certain points. I believe prophets are useful to prepare you for the future. I also believe to not worry about the future. Worry and Preparation are two different things. So with all of the above combined, I'd listen to a prophet and prepare for what's coming but I wouldn't worry about what is coming. God is love!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Even if this was true--how do you prepare for a famine--A famine by definition, means no rain, no water, no crops--no food---how can we plant crops when there will be no water for them?? And what do the people who live in apartments, and have no land do?--Even if you have land, it may not be good land where anything will grow--like out in the dessert.And where is the famine going to hit?? And just how long is this famine going to be?? Joseph was given specific info--gather during 7 years of plenty for there will be 7 years of famine, in Egypt. Vagueness is not consistant with God's word. In the end, all we have is our faith in God. Do the best we can, leave the rest to Him. What about those that sell all they have to give to God's work, like at Pentecost?--isn't that more of a christian thing to do than to hoard up food??? And if you do hoard up food, best not let anybody know, 'cause yours will be the 1st door broke down so that those starving can raid your stash. But wouldn't it be more christian to give your food to the starving?? Or are you planning on stuffing yourself while the neighbors starve?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So you do not believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Church today, either, then.

On the contrary, I just don't call the vain attempts at fortune telling that happen here in Eschatology "prophecy".

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I prefer to avoid the inane ramblings of self-proclaimed prophets. I would much rather place myself into the care and trust of my Lord Jesus Christ and the providence of Almighty God.

-CryptoLutheran

I wonder if the Lord will lead you to one He has made ready, or if He will send to you a strong delusion so you might believe the lie.:sorry:

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even if this was true--how do you prepare for a famine--A famine by definition, means no rain, no water, no crops--no food---how can we plant crops when there will be no water for them?? And what do the people who live in apartments, and have no land do?--Even if you have land, it may not be good land where anything will grow--like out in the dessert.And where is the famine going to hit?? And just how long is this famine going to be?? Joseph was given specific info--gather during 7 years of plenty for there will be 7 years of famine, in Egypt. Vagueness is not consistant with God's word. In the end, all we have is our faith in God. Do the best we can, leave the rest to Him. What about those that sell all they have to give to God's work, like at Pentecost?--isn't that more of a christian thing to do than to hoard up food??? And if you do hoard up food, best not let anybody know, 'cause yours will be the 1st door broke down so that those starving can raid your stash. But wouldn't it be more christian to give your food to the starving?? Or are you planning on stuffing yourself while the neighbors starve?
Doesn't the Lord call us to help our neighbor? Each should make ready to his own ability and the Lord will do the rest. This He has promised in His Word.

If we take a strong stance against a man and rebuke him because he is saying to store up 1000 calories/day for 5 mos per person in our house, will the Lord lead us to that man who is making ready for his and possibly YOURS as well?

We ARE called to love our neighbor and desire to see him healthy. So we who are making ready as the Lord is commanding WILL help ALL who are led to us......BUT I TELL YOU THIS......the call will NOT go into the ear of the scoffer.....no, he will hear only what his itching ears will allow and see only what the blinders of his pride allow him to see.

Why rebuke unless a man is not following our Beloved? If a man is saying He loves the Lord, and the Lord has prepared him a way.....why rebuke this man? Instead, we should pray for discernment as to the authenticity of what he is saying.....the Lord does not delay in answering those prayers.....trust in His Word....He promises that He WILL pour out His Holy Spirit upon men and cause them to prophesy.

Now, if only our itching ears could hear and our prideful eyes could see.

Praying for ears to be cleared and eyes to be opened.....may 2012 bring the Holy Spirit back into the worldly and bring them out of the darkness.:prayer:

Upvote 0

Old Seer

Oct 30, 2011
✟15,264.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems to be the message from certain prophets of God that it is soon to be upon us more extensively -globally- than in the past decades, where certain places in the world suffered while others did not, and those who would be prepared should plant food crops, and learn to farm.

There is time to plan now, for those who take heed.

Folks can be mislead by putting their faith in God, but really they're putting their faith in the State. Self sufficiency is good advice. People who put their faith in God left Jerusalem before it's destruction. Then there were those who put their faith in God and went back into the city before the Romans arrived. One needs to understand which God is which. One also needs to understand that Satan is the God of this world and don't realize with whom they put their faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Folks can be mislead by putting their faith in God, but really they're putting their faith in the State. Self sufficiency is good advice. People who put their faith in God left Jerusalem before it's destruction. Then there were those who put their faith in God and went back into the city before the Romans arrived. One needs to understand which God is which. One also needs to understand that Satan is the God of this world and don't realize with whom they put their faith.

As Christians we should always remember to die to self. Forsake our reliance on men and remember it is God ALmighty who causes the crops to grow or wilt.

The whole "Do as thou whilst" thing....the sum of satan's law is getting out of hand in our time, and being lazy or foolhardy saying God will provide is overwhelming our Church.

As sister YSM points out, this is making for a broken body. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Old Seer

Oct 30, 2011
✟15,264.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As Christians we should always remember to die to self. Forsake our reliance on men and remember it is God ALmighty who causes the crops to grow or wilt.

The whole "Do as thou whilst" thing....the sum of satan's law is getting out of hand in our time, and being lazy or foolhardy saying God will provide is overwhelming our Church.

As sister YSM points out, this is making for a broken body. :sorry:

Christians of old times always broke off from civilization and created their own independent communities. The objective was to be removed from the materialism of cities and the ways of leaders who profit from the masses. It didn't mean that they couldn't deal with the other side--it was more relying on their own kind. Civilization was created by evil men who found they could live without working by using the labor of the masses---and this idea caught on with those that followed them. Today is is no different. Folks have gotten so involved with the idea they don't see the harms inflicted on others as it's become accepted as normal. To follow those who create good and evil will bring mostly evil upon the least successful predators. The idea is---as long as everyone suffers it's OK. But notice those that don't suffer are the ones that run it.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So none of you believe God speaks by prophets set in His Church today, to warn His people of things to come concerning themselves, so as to prepare themselves?
I think most of us have figured out that most self-proclaimed "prophets" are as bogus as a $17 bill.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you do not believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Church today, either, then.
Does believing in the ministry of the Holy Spirit require that we believe every grifter who claims to have "the gift of prophecy" (whatever that means)? I don't think so.

Upvote 0