Are you living a pure life?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus set the bar as far as what a pure life is like. All we can do is try to be Christlike, but we can never fully be pure to the day comes, when sin is destroyed and our bodies are renewed like our savior and lord Jesus Christ. But trying? Most certainly.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, am trying to live a pure life that is pleasing to the Lord. That has not always been the case but, am still a pretty 'low mileage' guy. As a single in this day and age, not much is tougher to do. Keeping focused on hobbies and such helps.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, in terms of what that word means to me.

Am curious as to what it does mean to you and others here. It seems there are different opinions as to what purity is. So many words that had had the same definition for centuries now, have new definitions. Gay is an example. in the last few years, there was strong force in US govn to redefine 'boy' and 'girl', etc.

As I interpret it in Scripture, purity or living a pure life, refers to not having sexual relations outside of your husband/wife in marriage. period.
Am I interpreting wrong?
How do others interpret purity?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As I interpret it in Scripture, purity or living a pure life, refers to not having sexual relations outside of your husband/wife in marriage. period.
Am In interpreting wrong?
How do others interpret purity?
To me, it means a number of things. Off the top of my head, one would be remembering that other people do not exist to make my life easier or more enjoyable. They are full-fledged humans just like me who exist for themselves. This may seem obvious, but there are so many little ways that people forget this and act otherwise. I am not entitled to anyone's time, love, positive regard, body, etc. The way I treat people and the decisions I make should always reflect that.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0