Are You Laughing?

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Do you laugh at Christians who believe Jesus will return soon?

If so, then take some time to consider that everyone also laughed at Noah as he was building the ark, and look at what happened to them.

Isaiah 55:6-7
Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Oh GOOD one! Indeed they did laugh, and they also laughed at Jesus as He hung on the cross too, and look what happened!

Matthew 27:50 ¶ Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God

Many have read this a few times and never realized what it says! Read this carefully!

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 11:33 PM Sharky said this in Post #3

Nice one GMI :)

This will also remind us christians to keep walking the walk. :)

Sharky, did you read those verses? Here they are in the Phillips translation:

27-47-50 - Some of those who were standing there heard these words which Jesus spoke in Aramaic - Eli (or Eloi), Eli lama sabachthani?, and said, "This man is calling for Elijah!" And one of them ran off and fetched a sponge, soaked it in vinegar and put it on a long stick and held it up for him to drink. But the others said, "Let him alone! Let's see if Elijah will come and save him." But Jesus gave one more great cry, and died.

27:51-53 - And the sanctuary curtain in the Temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The ground shook, rocks split and graves were opened. (A number of bodies of holy men who were asleep in death rose again. They left their graves after Jesus' resurrection and entered the holy city and appeared to many people.)

27:54 - When the centurion and his company who were keeping guard over Jesus saw the earthquake and all that was happening they were terrified. "Indeed he was the son of God!" they said.

Upvote 0

Tenek

Dec 3, 2002
✟1,232.00
Yesterday at 09:33 PM GraftMeIn said this in Post #1

Do you laugh at Christians who believe Jesus will return soon?

If so, then take some time to consider that everyone also laughed at Noah as he was building the ark, and look at what happened to them.

Isaiah 55:6-7
Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I will metamorphose into a giant butterfly tomorrow. Don't laugh at me...

I think the issue with the Second Coming is that it would be based on God's timetable, not ours. You have no more reason to think that it's in your lifetime than the people of the last twenty centuries.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 02:53 AM Tenek said this in Post #5

I will metamorphose into a giant butterfly tomorrow. Don't laugh at me...

I think the issue with the Second Coming is that it would be based on God's timetable, not ours. You have no more reason to think that it's in your lifetime than the people of the last twenty centuries.

I don't find anything laughable about your statement. I find it sad that you would take the time to voice a negative and mocking reply to a serious post based on the Words of Jesus!

Tell me. Exactly where is Soviet Canukistan?

Upvote 0

Yahweh Nissi

"The LORD Is My Banner"
Mar 26, 2003
Birkenhead, on the Wirral.
✟1,240.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I certainly would not wish to mock any of my brothers (although I sometimes do sin in this way).
The Bible certainly says that there will be signs that will alow people to discern that Jesus' return is near, although not alowing wxact predictions, but I would say to anyone that there have been many events in the past that could have been interpreted in this way and that any belief in the imminent return of Jesus should be held cautiously.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Nicely worded. But I would ask anyone what in that post is incorrect? Whether Jesus returns soon or not, and regardless of what happened to those who laughed at Noah, are the Scriptures quoted in error? Or is there some reason a person should not be prepared to go?

Even if Jesus does not return for a million years, there is no guarantee to anyone for his next breath.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist

I have read statements like that before, but I do not understand: how do you get the notion that everyone laughed at Noah?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
31st March 2003 at 11:51 PM GraftMeIn said this in Post #11

What would you have done?

I don´t know. There are too many unknown factors.

Would I have even known Noah? The world is big.

Would I have trusted him? You cannot trust everyone who tells you something.

But why question was aiming at something different. Perhaps it should be dealt with in another thread.

If you permit, I will use your statement as an opening for a new discussion.

Do you permit this?

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
As much as I would hate to admit it I might have been right there with everyone else laughing at the poor guy. Imagine if you were his neighbor, and saw him building the ark.

It's true we can't trust everyone who tells us something. This is why I place all my trust in God :)

If you would like to start another thread on this topic please feel free to do so.

Upvote 0