and I will give you rest.
Jul 4, 2004
Longview, TX
✟12,566.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Um, hello, atheist guy? Yeah, so most religions acknowledge not only that Jesus existed but that He is something special (prophet, rabbi, etc). :scratch:

That's really dumb. To question the diety of Christ, sure- I would expect an atheist to do that. But to question whether the person Jesus actually physically existed? That's just....really bizarre.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RhetorTheo said:
The vast majority of scholars believe that Jesus existed as a historical figure. The absence of secular evidence for his existence is explained by noting that secular authorities did not consider him to be significant. There were many who claimed to be messiah.

And this view is certainly consistent with Paul's trial before Agrippa. Given the time frame in which Acts was probably written, it is certainly a bold statement to make (even in the text) that these things were "not done in a corner," such that Agrippa could find them out. Even the casual reader (or hearer) of this text could easily have taken it upon himself to ask around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kusanagi

Cyborg Surface Marshal
Jul 4, 2005
The Northeast Corridor
✟8,723.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Quite crazy indead. I wonder what's next, an athiest president in the US? ^_^.

In all seriousness, I do pray and hope that the Judges would find that Jesus did exist :crossrc:.

(PS. I do not know very much about the judicary system over in Italy :sorry: )

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.