Are you going to hell if you're not Catholic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
chanter said:
I knew that you were being sarcastic. And you got your point across. Martin Luther said that he could rape something like 40 women and still be saved. Yet he didn't even mention repentance.

So much for faith alone saves!

He really said that? The respect I never had for him, just went down even more.

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
I'd like to close this thread if people don't mind. The original poster was me a few years ago, when I had no clue what the Catholic church taught and my faith was immature. It was around that point when I truly began delving into the rich teachings of the church, and found that the more I studied, the more I was convinced that the Catholic church is where I wanted to be. I don't even think the Christian Forums existed then. Back in the days, it was "The King's Tavern" before the big merger.

Anyway, who brought this old thing to the surface? was it you John? silly man :)

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
monapoli13 said:
Isn't the body and blood of Christ a grace for us?

If any of us are saved it because Christ shed His blood for the sins of mankind. Yes, that is a grace but Protestants sometimes portray that as secondary to their 'faith’ saving them.

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Shelb5 said:
Rising Sun,

Your the OP person? I don't think you sounded badly at all, you were asking a honest question.
Yes, I was audio prophecy a long time ago. I was asking a question, but the tone in my voice was just so, blegh, silly and ignorant. That post just hit me hard, as it is clear how different I am now than who I was a few years ago. I really have much to be thankfull for, as God has poured so much into me over the past few years. What an odd way to be reminded of how much God has blessed me. How amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rising_Suns said:
Yes, I was audio prophecy a long time ago. I was asking a question, but the tone in my voice was just so, blegh, silly and ignorant. That post just hit me hard, as it is clear how different I am now than who I was a few years ago. I really have much to be thankfull for, as God has poured so much into me over the past few years. What an odd way to be reminded of how much God has blessed me. How amazing.

Looking back, can you think of one or two events that changed you, that grabbed your attention and made Catholicism real for you (unless it is too personal to reveal)?

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
chanter said:
Looking back, can you think of one or two events that changed you, that grabbed your attention and made Catholicism real for you (unless it is too personal to reveal)?
It was a slow process over the time of my study. In the beginning, it was almost like I had a bunch of scattered pieces of a puzzle, and I also had other pieces that didn't even belong in the puzzle. Then slowly over much time and research, the pieces began to put themsevles into place, little revelations began happening, and final result was this grand perspective of all the parts coming together in perfect harmony.

I can emphasize with people who don't understand the Catholic faith because I used to be one of them; only having a couple pieces with no real correlation to anything; no big picture. Getting lost in the vast richness of the Church's teachings and history can be very confusing and alluding at first, and it is easier to toss in the towels and just say; "faith in Jesus Christ is all I need to be saved and I'll let the holy spirit guide me in my personal interpretation of the bible", and leave it at that. But God had a different plan for me, a deeper plan, and I am eternally gratefull for all that He has done in my life. The Chuch is an amazing extension of God's word to us, and all that it teaches rings a perfect note of harmony deep within me.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Rising_Sun

Not too many of us are given an experience like St. Paul on his journey to Damascus.

I have heard of some muslims who were puzzled by the Christian charity shown to them when they had mistreated Christians. They were almost jealous of the peace which these Christians had, so they begged God to answer their prayers. Christ appeared to them. Even with that experience, they didn't immediately become Christians. No, the Christians didn't trust them because they have been deceived before by fake conversions. The enlightened muslims had to go through a one to three years catechumenate to prove their loyalty to Christ, because the priests told them to expect martyrdom. To baptize someone prematurely could result in apostacy if their faith wasn't strong. These unusual conversation stories are all documented at

www.islamreview.com

Lovingly in Christ our God,
Elizabeth

Reactions: Michelina
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.