Are you going to get the Covid-19 vaccine?

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes...I'm trying to schedule now...already did!

No...I'm gonna have to pass on this one

Maybe...I don't know...I need more info...and more time

Never...it's too rushed...I don't know what that stuff is...it could cause me to get a pot belly or be connected to some kind of "alien probe" or better yet make me fall asleep and then it's "Invasion of the body snatchers"! We don't know...:p

Hmmmm....

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟422,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I got both of my shots from the Phyzier Vaccine. So in a week now I will be fully vaccinated!

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've not had a vaccine since I was a child and I rarely get sick. Some would argue it's just a matter of time but some would argue, like me, that I've lived many years giving my immune system the workout it needs. Not to mention that I remain active at 50, take vitamins/minerals, eat relatively healthy and get adequate sleep.

Short answer is no, and never will.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've not had a vaccine since I was a child and I rarely get sick. Some would argue it's just a matter of time but some would argue, like me, that I've lived many years giving my immune system the workout it needs. Not to mention that I remain active at 50, take vitamins/minerals, eat relatively healthy and get adequate sleep.

This is a falsehood, people even with good immune systems have succumbed to the treachery of the Covid. A good immune system doesn't mean it'll keep you from getting severe disease. It can help, somewhat compared to someone that's obese and diabetic.....but doesn't mean that you'll not succumb do it in the same fashion...young people are kind of cocky about it as they feel they have a strong immune system, when in fact...you can be a victim to your own strong immune system.

Reason for this...it is NOVEL (new). Something the immune system has never before come across.

Also NOT getting a vaccine could set us back because the spreading and propagation of variants by unvaccinated people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Augustinosia

Orthodox Christian
Feb 8, 2012
None
✟118,653.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No. I will resist (even unto death) against taking this. That goes for any and all "vaccines" brought into my country or under testing here).

Augustinosia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
nope. My doctor told me to stay away and now that they are confirming heart problems arising from it in young men, just another reason.... infertility is starting to show too

Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
No*

* If I am not allowed to start visiting my mother in the nursing home (when they return to normal operation) without one, then I would ONLY get the J&J (no mRNA for me). That is the ONLY thing short of the police holding me down and forcing one on me that would get me to get it.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I got both of my shots from the Phyzier Vaccine. So in a week now I will be fully vaccinated!

And, soon you will get the booster......and another, and another....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
And, soon you will get the booster......and another, and another....
That’s not so clear. The evidence for waning effectiveness isn’t all that clear. The real reason for us to get boosters is that older people don’t react as strongly to vaccines. When I got my flu shot it was a larger dose intended specifically for older people. They didn’t do that with the Covid vaccine. That’s why the FDA reviewers only recommended it for those over 65 and a few others with weakened immune systems. They are allowing it for others, but not recommending it.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
One thing I find interesting is that the reason for boosters seems to be different for each vaccine.

For Pfizer the company presented some evidence that effectiveness had decreased fir those over 65, though the overall evidence for a decline is fairly weak.

Moderna presented evidence that the original effectiveness was less for those over 65, and a booster brought it up to near the same as younger people, though again the overall evidence isn’t that strong.

There’s no reason to think J and J declines over time. Indeed there is some suggestion that it may increase. The issue there is that one dose simply isn’t as effective as the two doses used with the other vaccines. One reviewer said it should have been two doses all along.

I got Moderna. I’ll get the booster simply to get the better effectiveness, not because I think it’s dropping off over time. The only notable risk seems to be for younger people, and even that is pretty small. I’d recommend it for Pfizer for anyone over 65, and for J and J for everyone. Not that I’m a doctor, of course. (Well, not a doctor of medicine anyway.)

Upvote 0

Lance659

Oct 25, 2021
PITTSBURGH
✟9,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, and don't plan to ever. I think everyone should at least do more research about the companies behind the vaccine before making a decision to. This is not a vaccine it is an mRNA shot with unknown longterm effects.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, and don't plan to ever. I think everyone should at least do more research about the companies behind the vaccine before making a decision to. This is not a vaccine it is an mRNA shot with unknown longterm effects.

The short-term effects of not getting vaccinated have caused a global economic and social meltdown.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0