Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How would an abortion provider answer that Q?
just because a mother does not abort a child does not make her pro-life. There are plenty of women who wanted their children and/or maybe they are pro-choice for others but they personally would never choose to seek an abortion.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My mother wasn't. She was pro-choice.

My mother was not politically-identified, etc. yet she gave birth to me under very extenuating circumstances. In the regard that she never considered aborting me or my brothers and sisters, she was pro-life.

Same with me. I would've never considered aborting any of my children either. In that regard i'm "pro-life", even if i did not "label" myself as "pro-life".

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
So, based upon her whims, you may never have been.

Based on a LOT of things I may never have been. Hormone levels, ectopic pregnancy, waiting for marriage before having sex, a fall down the stairs, car crash.

We all beat the odds just by being here.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, same applies she had to do something to end up with having the person. People do not just get concieved randomly.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟768,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am pro-life based on many factors including what the Bible says on the matter. That said, statements such as this topic's title needlessly trivialize what is a very difficult decision that some women have to make. They may or may not be pro-life when they have to make the decision - and they certainly might change their opinion after the procedure - and statements like this do not take into account the complicated thought pattern and life decisions that must be made.

We can be pro-life while also making better arguments on why to be pro-life than distilling it to a tag line.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am pro-life based on many factors including what the Bible says on the matter. That said, statements such as this topic's title needlessly trivialize what is a very difficult decision that some women have to make. They may or may not be pro-life when they have to make the decision - and they certainly might change their opinion after the procedure - and statements like this do not take into account the complicated thought pattern and life decisions that must be made.

We can be pro-life while also making better arguments on why to be pro-life than distilling it to a tag line.
thank you. I for example believe that EARLY term abortion within the first trimester should be a LEGAL option. However, I would never personally seek that option ( despite the fact that rape would be the only way for me to have to make it), nor would I encourage another woman to seek that option, but that does not mean that LEGALLY I do not feel that up to a certain point it should not be an option.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

The title is a valid question.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟768,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The title is a valid question.
Yes, it is, but is is also a slogan seen on stickers, protest signs, etc. It is not really meant as a question, I believe.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,468.00
Faith
Atheist

"I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” ~ Usually attributed, probably incorrectly, to Mark Twain

If my mother had aborted me, I certainly would not have noticed.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I was the baby inside my aunts womb when she died, leaving behind 6 small children , motherless and l heartbroken (still ) ,I would have no doubts about asking God to leave off making me until another time .I would be an unkown as yet ,and no loss to anyone until I was born ,and made relationships .
That a God , who can create everything cannot recreate a baby in a womb at a better time and situation , is something I do not believe .
Then I think so many christians have life back to front . When christians become Christians there will be no need for abortions ,as love will rule in every domain .
If the' big antis' were kinder ,and less judgemental
there would be fewer as there are fewer in countries
which are kinder ,and have better health systems .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
My mother was, most assuredly- pro-choice. She had an abortion, at her physician's suggestion, prior to my conception. She had another, for personal reasons, when I was about 2.

Honestly, considering her personal circumstances, it would have been in her best interests to abort- me. It wouldn't have made any difference to me; I simply wouldn't exist. Don't assume we are all so attached to this life that we lament the concept of our non-existence.

Pro-choice is merely pro options and control. My own children will be well aware of my personal convictions in this regard.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If I was the baby inside my aunts womb when she died, leaving behind 6 small children , motherless and l heartbroken (still ) ,I would have no doubts about asking God to leave off making me until another time .I would be an unkown as yet ,and no loss to anyone until I was born ,and made relationships .
That a God , who can create everything cannot recreate a baby in a womb at a better time and situation , is something I do not believe .
Then I think so many christians have life back to front . When christians become Christians there will be no need for abortions ,as love will rule in every domain .
If the' big antis' were kinder ,and less judgemental
there would be fewer as there are fewer in countries
which are kinder ,and have better health systems .
Well, but then again until a certain point if a mother dies there is nothing that can be done for the baby either in terms of saving him or her.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, it is, but is is also a slogan seen on stickers, protest signs, etc. It is not really meant as a question, I believe.

It is meant as a question, and a legitimate one.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is meant as a question, and a legitimate one.
I am unsure of that it may be both depending on who is posing it.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

This is making the personal, political. I've never been comfortable with that sort of puritanical logic.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.