Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you noticed since turning 30 your body starting to fall apart? Did you notice you now have aches and pains? I remember when I was in my 20s being so energetic and flexible. Now that I'm in my 30s I've noticed myself grunting when I bend too far. Am I the only one who's aging quickly?

brokenbananas

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2004
✟18,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm overall in better health and shape than when I was in my 20s. I take better care of myself and make better choices. I don't think growing old one has to feel or look worse. It depends on where you start changing your behaviors/habits and how far gone you are in the direction you don't want to be, and how reversible are the unhealthy habits/behaviors.

There is a point where it probably isn't reversible, but as with age, hormones decline, which allows for wrinkles, grey hair, muscle deterioration, etc. There are certain things that people do that makes this occur more quickly. Some is due to genetics. To me this just means those that are more genetically challenged need to work harder/smarter and be more diligent with their choices than those who are not genetically challenged.

If you eat a diet that is not right for your body and activity level, that can cause hormonal imbalances and causing a quicker deterioration. You can also slow the hormonal decline by lifestyle choices as well as natural hormonals. All of this can be done naturally without plastic surgery or some of those risky, unnatural cosmetic things.

The longer you can keep your body in balance, the better it is in the anti-aging process. I would bet that when I'm 47, I'll look even better than I do at 37 because I'll have more years behind me of right choices than I have at 37.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Oblivious
Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was definitely noticing the aches and pains and lack of flexibility. Then I started doing Winsor Pilates and have felt a definite improvement. I've gotten out of the habit though and so am experiencing some stiffness again. I really need to get back to exercising.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Addicted2~Jesus

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Texas
✟13,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I used to say it wasn't the age, but the mileage, I've got plenty of miles on this body so for years it's been pained bout sumthin. But when I turned thrity, it was like a switch got flipped an everthin decided that was that an we ain't gonna work no more. I jumped off a tractor yeserday an thought bout midway down that maybe that wasn't such a good idea anymore, an I was right bout time I landed, poor o'l knees didn't like that much. I member when I was a kid watchin other fellers my now age, jump off of sumthin an feel the ground shake when they landed, usedta think, what's the big deal ya know? Now I know LOL

Though the ironic thin I've noticed.... since I turned thrity an have been home, my wife an I are havin way more sex, I seem to be 'ready' jes all the time these days, an since she wants a baby anyway she isn't refusin lol don't have any idea what that's all bout, but I noticed that we're goin at it at least once a day lately.

Upvote 0

Oblivious

Matthew 7:12
Nov 6, 2003
The Mile High City
✟31,244.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mdolls68 said:
I'm overall in better health and shape than when I was in my 20s.

Same here. :)

The only thing I've noticed is that I have a lot of tension in my neck and shoulder area. It's probably due more to years of not properly stretching before working out or something to that effect. Anyway, I can pretty much "pop" all my tension areas, so it's not that big of a deal.

Upvote 0

Sun_flwer

Apr 1, 2003
Newfoundland
✟22,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel more tired than i used to. It takes more stretching to get warmed up and limber before exercising. I could go all night with out sleeping and be ok the next day.Now if i don't get much sleep the night, before i find i am looking for a place to have a nap the next day.

Reactions: Stanfi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
*Jessica* said:
I feel more tired than i used to. It takes more stretching to get warmed up and limber before exercising. I could go all night with out sleeping and be ok the next day.Now if i don't get much sleep the night, before i find i am looking for a place to have a nap the next day.

This sounds very familar as well!

Upvote 0

chshnut

Nov 23, 2005
Connecticut
✟15,754.00
Country
Iraq
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Barbara,
Yes I agree, I began doing exercises in 03,,LOL not like i am "buff", but certainly better then I was in my 20s. Exercise is needed!!! IMO.
I eat better and make an effort (ha) to stretch everyday.
If not *ouch*.
Kids..I have two kids,,yea they hurt.
I feel like I am being tortured sometimes...the little one woke me up at 5 a:m this morning,,not bad but she was also up at 12 midnite.
She is busy running around like a jet plane,,me?.. I am trying to keep my head off the floor.:sleep:
Well I guess I won't talk about what centrifigal force does and doesn't do to me anymore...
frightening. :idea:

Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟95,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post that hasn’t been commented on since 2005? I’m game!!! :ebil:

Honestly I don’t feel a whole lot different. I don’t have as much energy as I used to, yet I’m less lazy than I used to be. I have a few hip pains, but I’ve had those since my 20s. Maybe some back pains. I really should exercise more. :sorry:

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟730,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Have you noticed since turning 30 your body starting to fall apart? Did you notice you now have aches and pains? I remember when I was in my 20s being so energetic and flexible. Now that I'm in my 30s I've noticed myself grunting when I bend too far. Am I the only one who's aging quickly?
I remember things changing in my 30's like my metabolism slowing down but it was also the time I got serious about my career, and dealt with women much more maturely. I still had ambition while enjoying a measure of success and experience. IMO it's the prime of our lives.

Now 40? That's when things started to fall apart physically and the career I was so interested in began to feel like a prison sentence (likely due to the depression I developed at the end of my 30's). I lost my ambition and started coasting and just putting in my time. All in all, in terms of when I was at my best? It was my 30's. I still had physical ability, looked young, and I got a big house. Grade A catch for women younger AND older than me, let alone the women my own age.

Enjoy your 30's. IMO it's the best decade of one's life and the last decade people older still consider you a young man or woman.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It sure feels like it since I turned 35 in 2022.

I've maintained a terrible diet since I was 20-21 or so, but I never really packed on the weight until now. I always hovered around 200lbs, maybe 220 at the top end, but now I'm up to 250. I started seeing a doctor and he said my triglyceride readings were so high they couldn't get an accurate cholesterol reading - and basically said if we put a vial of blood on the counter it would turn into butter before the appointment was over. :|

My wife thinks I might have a gallbladder issue but I don't think so, my buddy just had his removed and I didn't have his symptoms. I've just had a couple of weird episodes of supposed food poisoning in the past 1-2 months.

Now I'm having an issue where it feels like my left leg sort of popped out of my hip joint, and it's lead to weird sciatic sensations. Like tingling and numbness in my left quadricep.

Some of this might be related to my lack of sleep because I work 62+ hours a week and my full-time job is based on the east coast but I work remote from the west coast. So I'll get off my part time job on Monday night/Tuesday morning at 1am, then get up at 6:30am to login for my full-time job. I don't feel like it's affecting me much, I'm used to it, but maybe these health issues are resulting from that.

Upvote 0