Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know, a strange question, but I really would like to know how many over 50 are not on some kind of Dr prescribed medication.

You don't have to say what you may be taking, just list how many RX you are on permanently, (not something for a specific temporary illness, like penicillin or something for an infection or virus) and for how long you have been on them.

I'm curious as my DH is going on 73 and has never been on anything outside some pain meds after an operation on his knees and veins. I'm thinking that the vitamin program and healthy menus is what is making this happen.

In fact when he went in for his last surgery, about 8 years ago the Anesthesiologist was doing a pre-Op questionnaire with him and I was present. When he asked he what meds he was taking and my husband replied, 'None' he looked up at him skeptically and asked again.

That to me said that he didn't hear the answer very often.

And now not a decade later I wonder how that has diminished.

Remember don't share what you actually take, you can say something like

I take a prescription for diabetes
I take a prescription for my heart or high cholesterol

Something like that but don't mention the drug names.

And Thanks for participating for those who do.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know, a strange question, but I really would like to know how many over 50 are not on some kind of Dr prescribed medication.

You don't have to say what you may be taking, just list how many RX you are on permanently, (not something for a specific temporary illness, like penicillin or something for an infection or virus) and for how long you have been on them.

I'm curious as my DH is going on 73 and has never been on anything outside some pain meds after an operation on his knees and veins. I'm thinking that the vitamin program and healthy menus is what is making this happen.

In fact when he went in for his last surgery, about 8 years ago the Anesthesiologist was doing a pre-Op questionnaire with him and I was present. When he asked he what meds he was taking and my husband replied, 'None' he looked up at him skeptically and asked again.

That to me said that he didn't hear the answer very often.

And now not a decade later I wonder how that has diminished.

Remember don't share what you actually take, you can say something like

I take a prescription for diabetes
I take a prescription for my heart or high cholesterol

Something like that but don't mention the drug names.

And Thanks for participating for those who do.
About 10 prescription meds daily. (Mind you I've had heart surgery.)

• Prayers
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I take nothing at all - just a flu shot every year :)

I'm a good bit older than your husband :)

That's great Anhelyna!

He doesn't get the flu shot or shingles shot and so far so good!

Do you eat healthy and take supplements if I may ask? :)
And another thing I've thought of, do you live in US or Europe or elsewhere, you don't have to be specific. ;)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
nada, zip, zilch, nothing, zero, and steady on ........

Yes, Doctors often don't believe their 'new' patients if they are over 30 years old, 40, 50, and so on,
if
they say they are not taking any drugs/ medication / prescribed or otherwise.

That is how the medico system trains them, to give , give, give till it hurts (the patiend)....
and helps the pocket book (especially of the drug makers/ pushers).

THANKFULLY! There are licensed practicing doctors AND clinics where people can go if they want to avoid the bad effects of manmade drugs,
and still get what is needed for their health (through other means than manmade drugs).

It sometimes takes years of searching, but is still widely available information, and almost always there is great rejoicing as time goes by ! (and a lot , yes very much, lower costs and no side effects) .

• Winner
Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm on several, but I have ulcerative colitis and blood pressure issues, as well as other problems. Since I've started on every 8-week infusions for colitis, I'm feeling a lot better. So thankful. I'm able to exercise and maintain weight. Protein bars help with that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@HereIStand Important point you raised about exercise: yes, together with meds a combination of exercise and balanced diet also is very important as regards the reason for taking various sorts of meds. So often the attitude is taken: I'll just pop a pill to fix it. Whereas making sure of adequate exercise and balanced diet is vital also. (And adequate rest also.)

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Zero. My body has never had a shortage of prescription drugs. They don't cure anything, they address symptoms not a root cause. God has and does provide in his creation a natural cure for everything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
@HereIStand Important point you raised about exercise: yes, together with meds a combination of exercise and balanced diet also is very important as regards the reason for taking various sorts of meds. So often the attitude is taken: I'll just pop a pill to fix it. Whereas making sure of adequate exercise and balanced diet is vital also. (And adequate rest also.)
Exercise really helps, even though it does take time. I do need do get on a more regular sleep schedule and start wearing my sleep apnea mask.

Upvote 0

faithinlife

Feb 18, 2009
USA
✟186,480.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Currently I take the Vit. D3 supplement, as Vit. D was a little low on blood test. I take a low dose aspirin about every other night. Occasionally take some other vitamin supplements. Try to eat a more healthy diet and more exercise daily, and drink more water, juice and green tea. I don't drink soft drinks. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, and like dark chocolate for more energy also.

Upvote 0