Are you concerned with Biden/ Harris being our Leaders?

Are you looking forward to Biden and Harris being our future leaders?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before one can truly claim they are suffering persecution for their faith they must also prove they have walked all seven steps before persecution came. Were they beggers for His Spirit? Are they Meek, unassuming? Do they seek after the truth that leads to righteous behavior? Do they judge sinners and those that disagree with them mercifully? Have they reached a point where they have "their father's eyes"? If they have what evidence exist they are seeking peace in those dangerous rallies during a pandemic; talking of succeeding the union, and placing a presidential election above the LAWS of the county in which we are in?

Note everything up above is needed if one is truly going to unconditionally love their nieghnor.

I seriously doubt that attempting to love one's neighbor unconditionally has anything to do with finding ways to label one's political adversaries as villains.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I seriously doubt that attempting to love one's neighbor unconditionally has anything to do with finding ways to label one's political adversaries as villains.

JS: Labels of all kinds are against love. People, all people are individuals, and we are to love our enemies and do good to those who hate us! So love is unconditional just as Christ's Cross was. As HE shows us mercy; we are called to do so to others.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politicians are generally a reflection of our society.

Trump was an exception as I believe he was out of touch with ordinary people.

Biden/Harris are going to provide all the mechanisms for the people to become dependent on government like never before. The economy will nose dive as a result of the radical left people he's putting in place of the various agencies, especially the current nomination for Energy Secretary.

For us Christians, we should never put our hope in a political party, they'll always let you down.

Place all hope in Christ and trust in Him alone.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JS: Labels of all kinds are against love. People, all people are individuals, and we are to love our enemies and do good to those who hate us! So love is unconditional just as Christ's Cross was. As HE shows us mercy; we are called to do so to others.

Then even implying that any individual is less worthy of love than another would be wrong. So how is it so many Christians here do not only not refrain from making such implications but outright say that someone is less worthy of love than others ? Mostly based upon political criterion.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Politicians are generally a reflection of our society.

Trump was an exception as I believe he was out of touch with ordinary people.

Biden/Harris are going to provide all the mechanisms for the people to become dependent on government like never before. The economy will nose dive as a result of the radical left people he's putting in place of the various agencies, especially the current nomination for Energy Secretary.

For us Christians, we should never put our hope in a political party, they'll always let you down.

Place all hope in Christ and trust in Him alone.

Actually Trump and Biden are a direct reflection of our society. Intolerant of criticism, believes that those that oppose him are doing so out of malevolent intent, lives in an echo chamber. Sees good guys ( his side) and bad guys( those who oppose him) and finds sound bytes more satisfying than reasoned argument. Sounds like typical 21st century human beings.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then even implying that any individual is less worthy of love than another would be wrong. So how is it so many Christians here do not only not refrain from making such implications but outright say that someone is less worthy of love than others? Mostly based upon political criterion.

Which is sad. This is why I pray for our faith morning and evening. The Creator of the Universe is not republican or democrat. He Above such things

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually many democrats did not show up to rallies because they KNEW there was (and still is) a pandemic going on and large gatherings during pandemics is irresponsible (Trump was drawing tens of thousands).
A very creative reply, that one is.

However, that "responsible" attitude you're talking about didn't prevent them from showing up at protest marches and demonstrations, standing in line for voting, or travelling during holidays...all of which were supposed to be verboten as well.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Spiritual people do not quibble over the mistakes people make when quoting Scripture from memory or pronouncing Biblical words perfectly.

Well, that certainly was not the case when President Trump said "Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians."

The media and the partisans they speak for had a ''field day" claiming that Trump was shown by this to be a phony Christian.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As a lifelong Republican, I was apprehensive at first to cross party lines and vote for Biden in this election. It is the first time I've ever voted Democratic in an election. I've voted straight Republican for 24 years until the 2016 presidential election. I voted third party because I didn't want to vote for Trump or Clinton. I voted for Biden with the sincere hope that he would be a better President than Trump. I'm relieved Trump lost the election and now I'm more hopeful for our country than I have been in five years. I'd like to vote Republican in 2024 but I won't if Trump runs again or if a Trump Republican is the Republican nominee. I'll vote Democratic again in 2024 if either scenario happens.

Trumpism is an anathema to me and I want it completely expelled from the Republican Party. I want the Republican Party to find its moral compass again and regain its integrity. As far as I'm concerned, the Party was sold out to Trump by Yes-man Republican politicians who bowed down to him for their own political advantage. I don't have sympathy for these conservatives and I don't have a problem with them being shown the door. However, I have the utmost respect for the Republicans who stand up to Trump and oppose him. I admire these Republican politicians for their courage to go against the grain in order to honor their convictions. I think it takes a lot of courage, determination and integrity for someone to go against the grain in order to honor their own personal convictions.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering. For those of you who are ok with Biden and Harris being our Leaders. Why do you have no problems with them? Do you have any concerns about them at all?

And what were your issues with Trump besides I imagine his personality? Do you not like any things he accomplished at President? Why do you feel Biden and Harris will be better for us?
I am as concerned about Biden/Harris as I was about Trump/Pence. Neither will lead the nation to return to Christ. Both push godless policies and push for government far bigger than what God allows.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaveM

Nov 26, 2016
nc
✟72,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Joe Biden would promote transgenderism to our little ones, allow eight year old's to acquire a sex change, encourage the most perverted legislation that any society has ever known, silence all Bible believing churches, mock God, and kill children at 9-months, "

• Agree
Reactions: revybub
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am as concerned about Biden/Harris as I was about Trump/Pence. Neither will lead the nation to return to Christ. Both push godless policies and push for government far bigger than what God allows.

Perhaps by having two (actually far more) imperfect human beings and some more dangerous (Clinton and Trump to name two) HaShem is trying to get all of us to turn to him instead of politics to solve our problems.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that certainly was not the case when President Trump said "Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians."

The media and the partisans they speak for had a ''field day" claiming that Trump was shown by this to be a phony Christian.

This is sad, I still think he has Bi-Polar syndrome. Thus his mistakes, claims that everyone is against him and that he won the election is hot narcissism but a disability. My own CAPD causes lapses in spelling errors and memory problems. So disabilities can exist and the person can be saved by His blood. After all Who gave these to us?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is sad, I still think he has Bi-Polar syndrome. Thus his mistakes, claims that everyone is against him and that he won the election is hot narcissism but a disability. My own CAPD causes lapses in spelling errors and memory problems. So disabilities can exist and the person can be saved by His blood. After all Who gave these to us?

Are you talking about Trump or Biden?

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about Trump or Biden?

Trump shows these symptoms though I not really study or seen enough of Bidens Behavior to see if he too could have a learning disability or other condition. His memory might suggest CAPD but I need to see a lot more slips. Ask me after four years and I may be able to assess him better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps by having two (actually far more) imperfect human beings and some more dangerous (Clinton and Trump to name two) HaShem is trying to get all of us to turn to him instead of politics to solve our problems.
As an opponent of the social gospel and government worship, I've been arguing against Christian obsession with politics for two and a half decades.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump shows these symptoms though I not really study or seen enough of Bidens Behavior to see if he too could have a learning disability or other condition.
"Study?" You have seen him giving speeches, press conferences, and less formal talks, I assume.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As an opponent of the social gospel and government worship, I've been arguing against Christian obsession with politics for two and a half decades.
If every Christian focus on the Gospel message, and the message of Acts.4 where a moment in this world in one small part of it poverty ended. So will poverty always be with us because this is HaShem's Will or was Christ merely seeing human nature as it is, fleetingly holy and more often self-focused.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Study?" You have seen him giving speeches, press conferences, and less formal talks, I assume.

I have seen his actions, tweets, and behavior four these last for years. Presidents have a tendency to be visible for their four years and Trump was no exception, This is why I said, I will be able to tell more about Biden's memory issues after four years. Not much can hide after that much time has passed.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If every Christian focus on the Gospel message, and the message of Acts.4 where a moment in this world in one small part of it poverty ended. So will poverty always be with us because this is HaShem's Will or was Christ merely seeing human nature as it is, fleetingly holy and more often self-focused.
Jesus wasn't all that interested in the physically poor, he was far more focused on the poor in spirit. The poor in spirit recognize their spiritual inability and are utterly dependent on him for salvation.

Upvote 0