Are you concerned with Biden/ Harris being our Leaders?

Are you looking forward to Biden and Harris being our future leaders?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not by me, and not in threads I’ve participated in. I would particularly oppose holding a 14 year old responsible for his family (particularly since he apparently supports Biden).

YOU probably would not do what so many do, I agree.

But there are the many other people, both here and elsewhere, who do make these kinds of statements. And it's not as though there have not been a lot of them posted on these forums.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This scenario reminds me of Jimmy Carter. He was voted into office at a time of great strife between factions and a focused hatred of a President (Nixon). He was touted as a man for the little guy, supporter of the middles class and someone who could work with both Democrats and Republicans.

His economic plans brought us to a gas shortage (remember rationing), home mortgages at 17%, car loans at 12% and above and a hurting economy that ended with one term and 12 years of Republicans in the White House.

Unless he capitulates to the far left who are knocking at his door and packs the Supreme Court, unless he dies in office and the most liberal member of Congress (Miss Harris) assumes command and has the Senate and House. I think it is going to end like Carters fiasco.

BTW I think the Democrats are not going to like what happens with the mid terms in 2 years. They lost Seats in House, did not gain one. The very real possibility of a Republican House and Senate in 2022.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If Trump can't pull out a miracle I think there will be an extreme shortage of pepto bismal as they swoon over Biden and company like a gaggle of teenage girls over the latest boy band members.
Well said. And, you know, none of them actually believe he's so wonderful. They just see him as being a relief from President Trump and all the pressure built up from despising him. But they do indeed swoon, as you said. Maybe that's just for the benefit of any Trump supporters nearby.

• Agree
Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Well said. And, you know, none of them actually believe he's so wonderful. They just see him as being a relief from President Trump and all the pressure built up from despising him. But they do indeed swoon, as you said. Maybe that's just for the benefit of any Trump supporters nearby.
I doubt the media will feel relief... more like withdrawal symptoms as they have been addicted to Trump for over 4 years now. They will have to find a new whipping boy if he is no longer available to attack mercilessly.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I doubt the media will feel relief... more like withdrawal symptoms as they have been addicted to Trump for over 4 years now. They will have to find a new whipping boy if he is no longer available to attack mercilessly.
Biden’s government will have its own kind of excitement. Conflict both with Republicans and the left wing of the Democrats.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Biden’s government will have its own kind of excitement. Conflict both with Republicans and the left wing of the Democrats.
I have a strange feeling that the media will save their negative press for the Republicans and skip over the problems it has in its own party it is what they have been mostly doing the last 12 years why change now?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
BTW I think the Democrats are not going to like what happens with the mid terms in 2 years. They lost Seats in House, did not gain one. The very real possibility of a Republican House and Senate in 2022.

What people forget is that the loosey-goosey, fraud and error-prone voting system that we suffered under this autumn is not going to be reversed if the Democratic Party's legislators and lawyers can prevent it.

There will be a fierce opposition on their part to allowing that, even after the Covid virus -- the excuse for bringing in those changes -- is no longer a threat.

They owe the victory of Harris and Biden to that mess of a system. As a result, it is not the case that we can talk about the 2022 elections as though we were talking about any previous off-year elections.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And you supposedly speak for all Democrats?
I was referring to the people spoken of in the post (#23) that I quoted there and which said that there are people who swoon over Biden, as incredible as that would seem to be. I did not even mention Democrats.

As for "swooners"...

They probably were among the fifteen or twenty people who showed up for some of his campaign rallies while Trump was drawing tens of thousands.

There probably are a few here or there who do seriously think he's the greatest thing since Mother Teresa.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
There probably are a few here or there who do seriously think he's the greatest thing since Mother Teresa.

That I can agree with.

They probably were among the fifteen or twenty people who showed up for some of his campaign rallies while Trump was drawing tens of thousands.

Goes to show you who really takes the virus more seriously and is careful. That is what that shows.

• Agree
Reactions: tripleseven
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden is also the most religious president we have had for years, although his liberal Catholicism won’t be popular here.

Joe Biden's Catholic faith will be on full display as the first churchgoing president in decades - CNNPolitics

I know a lot of church goers who are irreligious. Going to church does not make one religious and merely being religious is not really something I would consider in any way, in and of itself, an admirable quality. Some that attend regularly do so because they may be superstitious, others are just creatures of habit and some may be committed to their religious beliefs without being spiritual or may be spiritual without being committed to their religious beliefs. If one is committed to their religious beliefs then I would expect one to show it in their daily life. Being somewhat familiar with Catholic beliefs , it seems to me that Joe cherry picks the beliefs he finds are politically expedient.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know a lot of church goers who are irreligious. Going to church does not make one religious and merely being religious is not really something I would consider in any way in itself an admirable quality. Some that attend regularly do so because they may be superstitious, others are just creatures of habit and some may be committed to their religious beliefs without being spiritual or may be spiritual without being committed to their religious beliefs.
If one is committed to their religious beliefs then I would expect one to show it in their daily life. Being somewhat familiar with Catholic beliefs , it seems to me that Joe cherry picks the beliefs he finds are politically expedient.

Exactly! He is one who likes to show off his association with the Church--moreso than most politicians would.

But he's far from being as serious about it as are all sorts of other politicians on the national scene.

Incidentally, this is the guy who didn't know how "Psalms" is pronounced. Not that the fake news outlets gave it much coverage.

Now compare that with Trump (who does NOT pretend to be devout like Biden does) when he made the horrible mistake of saying "Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians." To read about it, you'd have thought the end of the age was upon us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was referring to the people spoken of in the post (#23) that I quoted there and which said that there are people who swoon over Biden, as incredible as that would seem to be. I did not even mention Democrats.

As for "swooners"...

Actually many democrats did not show up to rallies because they KNEW there was (and still is) a pandemic going on and large gatherings during pandemics is irresponsible (Trump was drawing tens of thousands).

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly! He is one who likes to show off his association with the Church--moreso than most politicians would.

But he's far from being as serious about it as are all sorts of other politicians on the national scene.

Incidentally, this is the guy who didn't know how "Psalms" is pronounced. Not that the fake news outlets gave it much coverage.

Now compare that with Trump (who does NOT pretend to be devout like Biden does) when he made the horrible mistake of saying "Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians." To read about it, you'd have thought the end of the age was upon us.

Spiritual people do not quibble over the mistakes people make when quoting Scripture from memory or pronouncing Biblical words perfectly. People with learning disabilities often do this. Does this mean those with learning disabilities are unspiritual? People with memory problems also do this, CAPD causes such memory issues. Does having COPD make someone unspiritual?

True Spirituality comes from a human and contrite heart which only the L-rd our Father can judge. Lastly, blanket judgments do not help those struggling to become more spiritual reach spirituality. Church may help but truthfully, spiritual growth comes from Above.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Spiritual people do not quibble over the mistakes people make when quoting Scripture from memory or pronouncing Biblical words perfectly. People with learning disabilities often do this. Does this mean those with learning disabilities are unspiritual? People with memory problems also do this, CAPD causes such memory issues. Does having COPD make someone unspiritual?

True Spirituality comes from a human and contrite heart which only the L-rd our Father can judge. Lastly, blanket judgments do not help those struggling to become more spiritual reach spirituality. Church may help but truthfully, spiritual growth comes from Above.

If Spiritual growth comes from above and I believe it does, it would follow that struggling to become more spiritual is useless and probably counterproductive. For the Christian I would propose that one is not supposed to concentrate on reaching spirituality but on what Christ told us to concentrate on i.e. loving God and loving our neighbor. Among the things that separates Christianity from other religions are these things. God comes to us , we do not need to struggle to find our way to Him. We are not on a quest to find our own spirituality but given a mission to find a way to love unselfishly. Our spirituality comes from above, not from anything we can pursue, earn or discover within ourselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering. For those of you who are ok with Biden and Harris being our Leaders. Why do you have no problems with them? Do you have any concerns about them at all?

And what were your issues with Trump besides I imagine his personality? Do you not like any things he accomplished at President? Why do you feel Biden and Harris will be better for us?

I'm okay with these people as leaders.

God sets up leaders or deposes them.
They wouldn't have any power or positions of power unless God allows it.

That doesn't mean that I think that they are going to be great leadership. Just that God decided to install them. And when everyone groans at all their missteps and mistakes and holds their noses when their names are mentioned...I won't have changed my opinion.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Spiritual growth comes from above, it would follow that struggling to become more spiritual is useless and probably counterproductive. One is not supposed to concentrate on reaching spirituality but on what Christ told us to concentrate on i.e. loving God and loving our neighbor.

Before one can truly claim they are suffering persecution for their faith they must also prove they have walked all seven steps before persecution came. Were they beggers for His Spirit? Are they Meek, unassuming? Do they seek after the truth that leads to righteous behavior? Do they judge sinners and those that disagree with them mercifully? Have they reached a point where they have "their father's eyes"? If they have what evidence exist they are seeking peace in those dangerous rallies during a pandemic; talking of succeeding the union, and placing a presidential election above the LAWS of the county in which we are in?

Note everything up above is needed if one is truly going to unconditionally love their nieghnor.

Upvote 0