Are you bound by the Mosaic Laws or Rabbinic Judaism?

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
WOW, got to the root deception faster than I expected.
Or, perhaps the "we" you are referring to do not have the TORAH written on their hearts yet ? (most people on earth don't)

Of course, Torah. There is only one law, Torah,
and only one Torah made flesh, Yahushua. And
other than him, NOBODY has it written on their
hearts yet. WE all sin and fall short of the glory
of Yahweh. One day, we will have no more desire
to sin, and we won't. How?
1 Corinthians 15:54

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
One day, we will have no more desire
to sin, and we won't.
Reading thru the NEW TESTAMENT , I WAS (and AM) DELIGHTED
to see people who had no desire to sin, were called perfect and in union with Yeshua, and usually didn't sin. (some did, and there were instructions for that, what to do).

So, even though you may not be allowed to see this in the people around you,
you might be permitted to see this as it was accomplished already
in the NEW TESTAMENT ecclesia.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟280,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You guys left out the part about the Old Covenant being "revoked."

We are under the New Covenant and not the Mosaic Covenant, but we are still under the same God with the same ways and therefore the same instructions for how to walk in His ways.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It was the mission of the Jews to convert the people of the world to Judaism. (The Old Covenant)

No, it was the work of all Israel to be an example of the
power and steadfastness of Yahweh before the world.
He does the rest.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Reading thru the NEW TESTAMENT , I WAS (and AM) DELIGHTED
to see people who had no desire to sin, were called perfect and in union with Yeshua, and usually didn't sin. .

Usually is not the same as never. One time is all it takes
to be guilty of all the law. Only one man lived perfectly.
Still, he had to die in order to free us from our sin.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Usually is not the same as never. One time is all it takes
to be guilty of all the law. Only one man lived perfectly.
Still, he had to die in order to free us from our sin.
??
See how often (daily) the ecclesia in the NT lived IN UNION WITH JESUS, Echad with Him as He is Echad with the Father....
Few people EVER read this in the NT.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,055,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I assume you believe the sacrifices remain, but not in a literal sense by the shedding of animal blood. Correct?

I'm not sure. We've drifted so far from YHWH's word, with Pagan shubs and Ishtar bunnies; that it's a tremendous study. Yahshua covers the sacrifices made by the High Priest. Yahshua's disciples continued to keep the Moedim. How did they keep them?

Will believers be offering sin sacrifices when there is a future temple built?

We've covered this already. The temple is at hand. Yahshua is the cornerstone. Your body is the temple, if you are of the body of Yahshua. You are to be a sacrifice; as Yahshua (The Melchi Zadok) covers the Yom Kippur sacrifice. Yahweh tells us to keep his Moedim forever! If YHWH tell me to eat lamb with my family on Pesach; I'm eating lamb on Pesach, YHWH willing.

Even if you don't believe that there is a temple; Moshe and David didn't have a temple. They set up a tabernacle.

Also, do you believe the sacrifices will continue beyond the Millennium?

What does forever mean to you?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,055,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As a Christian I believe that I am under the New Covenant, and that I do not have to keep the Mosaic law

(CLV) Hb 1:9
Thou lovest righteousness (kept THE LAW) and hatest injustice (disregard for THE LAW) ; Therefore Thou art anointed by The God, (tou theou) (YHWH), Thy God, with the oil of exultation beyond Thy partners."

(CLV) 1Jn 3:9
Everyone who is begotten of The God, (tou theou) (YHWH) is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of The God (tou theou) (YHWH).

(CLV) Mt 5:17
"You should not infer that I came to demolish THE LAW or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill.

(CLV) Mt 5:18
For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from THE LAW till all should be occurring.

(CLV) Ps 119:160
The sum of Your word is truth, And all of Your righteous ordinances are eonian.

(CLV) Mt 5:19
"Whosoever, then, should be annulling one of the least of these precepts, and should be teaching men thus, the least in the kingdom of the heavens shall he be called. Yet whoever should be doing and teaching them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of THE LAW to fall.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin, is doing LAWLESSNESS also, and sin is LAWLESSNESS.

(CLV) Mt 24:12
And, because of the multiplication of LAWLESSNESS, the love of many shall be cooling.

(CLV) Mt 24:13
Yet he who endures to the consummation, he shall be saved.

(CLV) 1Jn 2:4
He who is saying that I know him, and is not keeping his precepts, is a liar; and the truth of The God, (tou theou) (YHWH) is not in this one.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:8
Yet he who is doing sin is of the Adversary, for from the beginning is the Adversary sinning. For this, was the Son of The God (tou theou) (YHWH manifested, that He should be annulling the acts of the Adversary.

(CLV) Mt 23:28
Thus you, also, outside, indeed, are appearing to men to be just, yet inside you are distended with hypocrisy and LAWLESSNESS.

(CLV) Mt 7:21
"Not everyone saying to Me `Lord! Lord!' will be entering into the kingdom of the heavens, but he who is doing the will of My Father Who is in the heavens.
(CLV) Mt 7:22
Many will be declaring to Me in that day, `Lord! Lord! Was it not in Your name that we prophesy, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many powerful deeds?'
(CLV) Mt 7:23
And then shall I be avowing to them that `I never knew you! Depart from Me, workers~ of LAWLESSNESS!'

(CLV) Mt 13:41
The Son of Mankind shall be dispatching His messengers, and they shall be culling out of His kingdom all the snares and those doing LAWLESSNESS,

(CLV) Hb 10:28
Anyone -repudiating Moses' LAW is dying without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
(CLV) Hb 10:29
Of how much worse punishment, are you supposing, will he be counted worthy who tramples on the Son of God, and deems the blood of the covenant iby which he is hallowed contaminating, and outrages the spirit of grace?

of the old priesthood.

Yahshua is of the old priesthood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
(CLV) Hb 1:9
Thou lovest righteousness (kept THE LAW) and hatest injustice (disregard for THE LAW) ; Therefore Thou art anointed by The God, (tou theou) (YHWH), Thy God, with the oil of exultation beyond Thy partners."

(CLV) 1Jn 3:9
Everyone who is begotten of The God, (tou theou) (YHWH) is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of The God (tou theou) (YHWH).

(CLV) Mt 5:17
"You should not infer that I came to demolish THE LAW or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill.

For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from THE LAW till all should be occurring.

(CLV) Ps 119:160
The sum of Your word is truth, And all of Your righteous ordinances are eonian.

(CLV) Mt 5:19
"Whosoever, then, should be annulling one of the least of these precepts, and should be teaching men thus, the least in the kingdom of the heavens shall he be called. Yet whoever should be doing and teaching them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of THE LAW to fall.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin, is doing LAWLESSNESS also, and sin is LAWLESSNESS.

(CLV) Mt 24:12
And, because of the multiplication of LAWLESSNESS, the love of many shall be cooling.

(CLV) Mt 24:13
Yet he who endures to the consummation, he shall be saved.

(CLV) 1Jn 2:4
He who is saying that I know him, and is not keeping his precepts, is a liar; and the truth of The God, (tou theou) (YHWH) is not in this one.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:8
Yet he who is doing sin is of the Adversary, for from the beginning is the Adversary sinning. For this, was the Son of The God (tou theou) (YHWH manifested, that He should be annulling the acts of the Adversary.

(CLV) Mt 23:28
Thus you, also, outside, indeed, are appearing to men to be just, yet inside you are distended with hypocrisy and LAWLESSNESS.

(CLV) Mt 7:21
"Not everyone saying to Me `Lord! Lord!' will be entering into the kingdom of the heavens, but he who is doing the will of My Father Who is in the heavens.
(CLV) Mt 7:22
Many will be declaring to Me in that day, `Lord! Lord! Was it not in Your name that we prophesy, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many powerful deeds?'
(CLV) Mt 7:23
And then shall I be avowing to them that `I never knew you! Depart from Me, workers~ of LAWLESSNESS!'

(CLV) Mt 13:41
The Son of Mankind shall be dispatching His messengers, and they shall be culling out of His kingdom all the snares and those doing LAWLESSNESS,

(CLV) Hb 10:28
Anyone -repudiating Moses' LAW is dying without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
(CLV) Hb 10:29
Of how much worse punishment, are you supposing, will he be counted worthy who tramples on the Son of God, and deems the blood of the covenant iby which he is hallowed contaminating, and outrages the spirit of grace?

Yahshua is of the old priesthood.
He WAS.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
...and he IS.

Hebrews 6:20
Hebrews 7:11
[ Jesus Like Melchizedek ] If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood—and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood—why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
Hebrews 7:24
but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟123,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If YHWH tell me to eat lamb with my family on Pesach; I'm eating lamb on Pesach, YHWH willing.
Do you also put that lamb's blood on your doorposts? I knew of a group that did that.

What does forever mean to you?
"Forever" is from the Hebrew "olam". It can mean for a long, undetermined period of time, but not necessarily for all eternity. As I understand it, the sacrifices will cease when death is no more. There were no sacrifices prior to sin and death entering the world. We will be returning to that Edenic state after death is thrown in the lake of fire at the end of the Millennium.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,055,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you also put that lamb's blood on your doorposts? I knew of a group that did that.
Yes. Who is this group? When I told my congregation that I did this; one asked me if the police showed up. I'd like to talk to more people who put what Yahweh says, over the tradition of men.

"Forever" is from the Hebrew "olam". It can mean for a long, undetermined period of time, but not necessarily for all eternity.

For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from THE law till all should be occurring.

Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of THE law to fall.

As I understand it, the sacrifices will cease when death is no more. There were no sacrifices prior to sin and death entering the world. We will be returning to that Edenic state after death is thrown in the lake of fire at the end of the Millennium.

(CLV) Mt 22:2
"Likened was the kingdom of the heavens to a man, a king, who makes wedding festivities for his son.
(CLV) Mt 22:3
And he dispatches his slaves to call those invited to the wedding festivities, and they would not come.
(CLV) Mt 22:4
Again he dispatches other slaves, saying, `Say to those invited, "Lo! my luncheon have I made ready, my bulls and grain-fed animals have been sacrificed, and all is ready: Hither for the wedding festivities!"'

(CLV) Mt 8:11
Now I am saying to you that many from the east and the west shall be arriving and reclining with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens,

(CLV) Lk 14:15
Now -hearing these things, someone of those lying back at table with Him, said to Him, "Happy is he who will be eating bread in the kingdom of God!"

(CLV) Mt 26:29
Now I am saying to you that under no circumstances may I be drinking henceforth of this, the product of the grapevine, till that day whenever I may be drinking it new with you in the kingdom of My Father."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,055,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
[ Jesus Like Melchizedek ]

Yahshua IS the Melchi Zadok!

Hebrews 7:11
If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood—and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood—why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

So the Zadok priesthood was distinct from the Levitical Priesthood since the time of David. What's your point?

Hebrews 7:24
but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood.

Nothing past tense about that.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yahshua IS the Melchi Zadok!

So the Zadok priesthood was distinct from the Levitical Priesthood since the time of David. What's your point?

Nothing past tense about that.
The point is that we are under a new priesthood.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thus the Mosaic Laws commanded by Moses.

According to 2 Chronicles 8:12-13; 12 On the altar of the LORD that he had built in front of the portico, Solomon sacrificed burnt offerings to the LORD, 13 according to the daily requirement for offerings commanded by Moses for Sabbaths, New Moons and the three annual feasts—the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks and the Feast of Tabernacles.

The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were not given as Commandments of God, but God commanded (ordered) Moses to speak to the Israelites about them, and how they should be kept.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,055,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The point is that we are under a new priesthood.

Considering that YHWH's people have been, and have remained, under the new Zadok Priesthood since the time of David; I'm still missing the relevance of your point.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,055,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Sabbath feasts and sacrifices were not given as Commandments of God, but God commanded (ordered) Moses to speak to the Israelites about them, and how they should be kept.

If you're trying to say that these are the commandments of Moshe; then by that reasoning, so is every word that YHWH spoke to Moshe. Thus the Torah would not be Yahweh's word. Nonsense!

I would strongly urge you to read the entire chapter of Vayikra 23.

(CLV) Lv 23:1
Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying:

(CLV) Lv 23:2
Speak to the sons of Israel, and you will say to them, The appointed seasons of Yahweh, those which you shall proclaim holy meetings, My appointed seasons, they are these:

Last edited:
Upvote 0