Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 55:22, “Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you”
1 Peter 5:7, “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you”

So, are you worried about bills, health, debt, marriage issues, and the future? I’ve discovered that 90 percent of the things that filled me with anxiety over what might happen never did. The dictionary defines worry as: to cause to feel anxious, distressed, or troubled about something, or to bother or annoy, as with petty complaints. Some unknown quotes concerning worry are:

(1) “There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever”

(2) “Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He’s going to be up all night anyway”

(3) “Worry is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do but doesn’t get you anywhere”

(4) “Worry doesn’t improve the future; it only ruins the present”

So, why worry? To eliminate worry, we must face the coming problems and responsibilities with faith, trusting God for His grace and provision. I read some time ago about a paratrooper in the U. S. Army who had made more than 100 successful parachute jumps without a single serious injury. But the first day back home after being discharged, he stumbled over a rug, fell against a table, and broke four of his ribs!

He had worried a great deal about his parachute jumps, but then something happened he had never worried about, “He tripped over a rug.” Jesus said that it’s futile to fret, for worrying can’t change anything (Matthew 6:27). My brethren we need to remember that our heavenly Father knows all about our situation and watches over us. We can be sure that He will take care of our needs no matter what tomorrow brings. Therefore, it is better to be wise and trust the Lord.

Closing illustration:

The story has been told of a young girl traveling on a train for the first time. She heard that it would have to cross several rivers along the way to her destination. She was troubled and fearful as she thought of the water. However, each time the train came near to a river, a bridge was always there to provide a safe way across. After passing safely over several rivers and streams, the girl settled back in her seat with a sigh of relief. Then she turned to her mother and said, “I’m not worried anymore. Somebody has put bridges for us all the way!”

So, my brethren, when we come to the deep rivers of trials and the streams of sorrow, we too will find that God in His grace “has put bridges for us all the way.” We need not fall into hopelessness and anxiety. In delightful and often untraceable ways, He will provide for and carry us through the difficulties to the other side. Even though we may not understand how He will meet our needs, we can be sure that He will provide a way for us as He provided for the Israelites after leaving Egypt.

Those who have given their worries over to God can exclaim with the psalmist, “The LORD is righteous in all His ways, gracious in all His works … The LORD preserves all who love Him” (Psalm 145:17-20). Instead of worrying about what’s ahead, it would behoove us to:

(1) Trust God .The alternative is to trust people with the future, and that leads to disappointment.

(2) Delight in the Lord. Take delight in God and His will, and He promises to provide for what you need.

(3) Commit your way to God. He will bless your efforts.
(4) Wait patiently for the Lord. He will prevail.

My brethren, the more we immerse ourselves in God’s Word, and His promises, the less we will worry over the troubles of this world. Sure, it’s a tough world we live in, but with God we can be victorious!

For all His children, God desires
A life of calm, not flurry;
His will for every day is this:
That we should trust, not worry – Anon.

When we put our cares in God’s hands, He puts His peace in our hearts.