Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I show you such a one, you will just question how I know he is 100, and not 30.....how would i know he is just not sick right now....but will be n the future etc....

Like I said, there are a few....but the only thing that matters is what you believe for yourself.

The Lord will appear, when you are like Him.......Then you shall see him as He Is. And HE has no sin.
Raymond... anyone can make any claim. A comedian once said that "67.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot." :) It you know somebody who is 100, and they look 30, show me. Proving all things means weighing out all evidence... if you have evidence than show it. But to say, "there are a few" and then not provide evidence is like saying 67.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

And yes, I would look at his birth certificate. Does the Lord not say to have witnesses in order to prove ANY matter?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is doing a perfect work in us. Perfect in the Bible means to be finished, to be mature to bear fruit. If we do not produce fruit we are cut down and thrown into the fire.

Jesus said: "It is finished", no one can add anything to the work He did. Our choice is if we want to put off the old and put on the new and allow Him to do a work in our life. Our wedding garment has to be washed and cleansed in the Blood. If we show up without a wedding garment then we do not enter in.

Matthew 22 "11 But when the king came in to see the guests, he spotted a man who was not dressed in wedding clothes. 12‘Friend, he asked, how did you get in here without wedding clothes? But the man was speechless. 13 Then the king told the servants, ‘Tie him hand and foot and throw him outside into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ "

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are they that wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb: that they may have a right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city."

Revelation 1:5 " Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His Own Blood,"
It means complete but I won't argue the semantics. The bottom line is the work is not YET complete. If it is... then he doesn't need to change us when he returns and yet Scripture says he is going to! :)

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Pastor Timothy Keller says that the world is not divided into sinners and saints, but into repentant and unrepentant sinners.

Christian, are you a sinner?

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Is there no sense in which you're a sinner?

Do you still have a sin nature that you have to fight against? Do you still sin on occasion? Do you still need God's mercy and forgiveness?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I know how I am gonna be in the Judgment, I'm gonna throw myself upon the mercy of the court, and I'm gonna fall probably on my face at his feet, and be afraid to touch his feet, and won't look him in the face, and say "Oh, Lord, Oh God, Have mercy on me, miserable, completely undone wretch, and wretched sinner that I am"... "I'm yours, as I always suppose I was, do what you will with me Lord... Just please, please have mercy on me..." "Holy, Holy, Holy are you oh Lord... You are my Love, My life"... You are awesome, you glory shines for all to see... (ect, ect, and I could go on, and on, and on, anyway)...

I think responses that do not go something along these lines, are not very appropriate, considering...

God Bless!

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One who needs to say, "I am sin free", is no Angel!
Knew there was a hidden motive behind trying to get Him to say those words.
Raymond... anyone can make any claim. A comedian once said that "67.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot." :) It you know somebody who is 100, and they look 30, show me. Proving all things means weighing out all evidence... if you have evidence than show it. But to say, "there are a few" and then not provide evidence is like saying 67.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

And yes, I would look at his birth certificate. Does the Lord not say to have witnesses in order to prove ANY matter?
I agree, which is why i say answering question like this is pointless.....the only meaningful proof would be your own experience. Unfortunately the only thing stopping this experience, is our unbelief.....

So no where to go from here.......you will have to be found when you arent looking.....knocked down on the street called strait. eyes closed in darkness until we see the great light... Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The standard list: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth

Do I struggle with any of these as a Christian? Yes. Do they characterize me, or define me? I hope not, I pray not, I hope to be granted repentance. The thing is, I am not sure how many people realize that our thoughts matter to God, that He knows us inside and out, every thought, word, deed, every attitude of the heart.
:clap:

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fun chatting with you guy.....see? it is easy to reason together without the fighting and arguing isnt it?
If you're asking me that... I don't come on here seeking to argue and fight... I ABHOR strife between brethren because it is against God's will. :) Blessings.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does this mean you are in a continuous cycles of sinning and repenting? I believe they refer to this as a recovering sinner. So there are sinner who have repented and then there are recovering sinners.
Could you further explain , thankyou ?

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pastor Timothy Keller says that the world is not divided into sinners and saints, but into repentant and unrepentant sinners.

Christian, are you a sinner?
Yes ,but certain sins are long in the past while others are more tenacious ,and need to be dealt with daily .

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Knew there was a hidden motive behind trying to get Him to say those words.

No. No hidden motive. You fail to answer a simple question that's all.

Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:amen::amen:
Yes, I am a true believer in my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ... and, I am a sinner.

There is just no "condemnation" for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Show me any Christian who does not eat too much at a buffet (gluttony), want that new car or fancy house (covetousness), Look at a member of the opposite sex as being attractive and more (adulterous),
tell a white lie, get angry when you have no righteous reason, say "Oh my God" (this really is taking His name in vane, let's be hones)..

The list goes on... We are covered by His blood, we will face no condemnation... we are Christian and His children and still sin.
So you have the same sins as me !!! :doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

note "some of you " ,and IF he is in Christ !!! all hypothetical as yet !!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So are you a sinner or not?

Are you sinning right now?
Can you stop sinning for like 5 minutes?
How about for 1 hour?
How about 1 day?
How about 1 week?
How about 1 month?
Logic dictates that if you can stop sinning for 1 minute, then you can do so for longer periods of time and even indefinitely.

Among many verses, one verse in particular that you are not believing is this one...

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13).​

No temptation has taken you that is common to man, but God is faithful who will not suffer you to be tempted above you are able. God provides a way of escape so that you may be able to bear it.

A person is a fire fighter because they do what?
They fight fires.
A saint is a saint because they live the life of a saint and not because they live like the devil.
A sinner is a sinner because they sin.
They currently sin as a way of life.
How about a firefighter? Does that mean a person is always a fire fighter?
No. Fire fighters can retire.
Does that mean a person who was once a sinner has to remain as a sinner?
No. With God, all things are possible.

Anyways, here are more Bible verses that talk about overcoming sin in this life:

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (Romans 13:14).

"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Galatians 5:24).

1 "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." (1 Peter 4:1-2).

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 7:1).

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16).

"Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world." (1 Peter 2:12 NLT).

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" (Philippians 2:15).

“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him” (Romans 6:6-8).

“Don't you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living.” (Romans 6:16 NLT).

“there are false prophets... who cannot cease from sin.” (2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 2:14).

“Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.” (1 Corinthians 15:34).

“Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen” (Hebrews 13:20-21).

“But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.” (1 John 2:5).

“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;” (1 Thessalonians 4:3-4).

“For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.” (1 Thessalonians 4:7).​

I mean, are there past alcoholics who have stopped drinking?
Yes. So the idea that once a person is a slave to their sin and they will always be a slave to their sin is not found either in the Bible or real life.
People just prefer to sin, and so they make excuses.

I hope this helps, but I have a feeling you do not want to believe plainly what these verses say.

In any event, may God's love shine upon you (even if we may disagree strongly).

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It means complete
Jesus said: It is completed?

I remember a girl / women that was a very detailed portrait painter. She would work for many many hours on a painting and she never felt as if they were finished because there was always a detail somewhere that she would still work on.

Our work may not ever be complete but God's work is a completed work.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you stop sinning for like 5 minutes?
How about for 1 hour?
How about 1 day?
How about 1 week?
How about 1 month?
Logic dictates that if you can stop sinning for 1 minute, then you can do so for longer periods of time and even indefinitely.
My son had a drug problem. He was living in Alaska and he had friends from AAA that would take him out in the wilderness to go camping. So he could not get any drugs out there. He said he quit over 100 times. We went though that 8 times with him and I talked to one of his friends that said he went through it 15 times. Yet he kept going back to the drugs when he had the chance.

Upvote 0