Tracy
✟10,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A sinner is one who willfully sins and continues the same practice over and over again. He is in the same state with little progress due to reverting back to old sinful bad habits/ways continually. A saint is someone who has laid down their life and picked up the cross. They workout their salvation daily. Philippians 1:6 Their faith and trust is in God and not of this world. The saint is being transformed into the image and likeness of God. They have put off the flesh and walk in the Spirit. As the flesh reaps corruption but the Spirit reaps everlasting life. We are to be striving to be perfected daily. Matthew 5:48 flesh=sinner, spirit=saint.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Easily said than done. Tiniest thing can be a sin. Nobody is is free.
You said something important again. With men it is IMPOSSIBLE.....but for God, All things are possible.

"25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some Christians believe that once they become saved, or baptized, that they are no longer sinners.
Some people believe the earth is flat and Elvis works at a 7-Eleven in Possum Trot, KY.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's just it, we're not THE light, we're completely dependent on THE light, to be a light for HIM. The Apostle Peter comes to mind, in the gospels where Jesus called him out on the water, Peter stepped out of the boat onto the water and walked towards Jesus, but for some reason, he began to sink, and when he did, cried out; "Lord, save me!". Christ is a perfect Savior and the perfecter of faith, by which we are declared righteous. If I thought of myself as perfect while in the flesh, I might suffer an identity crisis, and not even realize I am sinking, I have become focused on self, and not on Him, the perfect Savior and perfecter of faith.
Christ is the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world... The light is in you and is the hope of glory..... We just dont know it yet......it is hidden......And we are too rich to allow it to be uncovered. But soon all will be reveal and we will know, even as we are known......

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are some who do not decay, disease or leave the body before they desire it. It is ok if you choose not to....for this is what the multitudes do. But if, at any point, you desire to believe more, you will receive more.

"27 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.
28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord."

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

What is your answer?
What do I say? I believe we have everlasting life through Him. But I also believe that unless we are alive when He returns, that we will decay, get older, and die. We have the promise of the resurrection... but we still go through this process UNLESS we happen to be here when He returns. Show me one person who isn't aging... one person who NEVER gets sicks, one person who won't die in the flesh? There are none Ray... that is why Paul said, "the Lord shall appear and we SHALL BE changed." We are His, we belong to Him, but the work is not complete yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok so if someone has bumped into you or a car has pulled out in front of you, we could react in anger that has taken place without any thought.
Some thoughts are deep seeded....as a child, to find out 5+5 we use our fingers....after it is rooted in us.....we say 10 without appearing to think about it......it is rooted in our minds.

There are some who can have their car hit and feel only joy that it wasn't worse. Not all still react in anger.... Our God is good enough to allow us to keep hitting our cars until we remove the tree from it's roots, which causes us to react in danger......until we learn to take control-of/guard our hearts and minds....

Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
He that believe in his Heart.....does not necessary place the onus on the organ that pumps blood. Make note that there is also one who talks in our heads who has no mouth. He is talking now as you read this....

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He that believe in his Heart.....does not necessary place the onus on the organ that pumps blood. Make note that there is also one who talks in our heads who has no mouth. He is talking now as you read this....
Heart in bible not the blood pum

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can know thoughts by what people say

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do I say? I believe we have everlasting life through Him. But I also believe that unless we are alive when He returns, that we will decay, get older, and die. We have the promise of the resurrection... but we still go through this process UNLESS we happen to be here when He returns. Show me one person who isn't aging... one person who NEVER gets sicks, one person who won't die in the flesh? There are none Ray... that is why Paul said, "the Lord shall appear and we SHALL BE changed." We are His, we belong to Him, but the work is not complete yet.
If I show you such a one, you will just question how I know he is 100, and not 30.....how would i know he is just not sick right now....but will be n the future etc....

Like I said, there are a few....but the only thing that matters is what you believe for yourself.

The Lord will appear, when you are like Him.......Then you shall see him as He Is. And HE has no sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You said something important again. With men it is IMPOSSIBLE.....but for God, All things are possible.

"25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

So, you are sin free then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What is a willful or not willful sin...?, and, shall we also compare sins then...?

See the slippery slope...

Comparing, compartamentalizing, judging... Might be sins in themselves maybe, perhaps...

Besides, while it may not look like it on the outside, from some narrow-minded peoples points of view, I'm betting I've got a lot of you beat (now) hands down... But, not that it matters... And I'm not completely sinless or free from sin so I know many of you are not, and with some you it's so obvious that you are not, when you think you are...

I just don't think some of you truly know what sin is sometimes... Cause you do it and just seem to be completely oblivious to it, and it's so obvious to some of us, and like i said, if we were to "compare" sins, anyway...

God Bless!

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But none have been perfected yet
God is doing a perfect work in us. Perfect in the Bible means to be finished, to be mature to bear fruit. If we do not produce fruit we are cut down and thrown into the fire.

Jesus said: "It is finished", no one can add anything to the work He did. Our choice is if we want to put off the old and put on the new and allow Him to do a work in our life. Our wedding garment has to be washed and cleansed in the Blood. If we show up without a wedding garment then we do not enter in.

Matthew 22 "11 But when the king came in to see the guests, he spotted a man who was not dressed in wedding clothes. 12‘Friend, he asked, how did you get in here without wedding clothes? But the man was speechless. 13 Then the king told the servants, ‘Tie him hand and foot and throw him outside into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ "

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are they that wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb: that they may have a right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city."

Revelation 1:5 " Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His Own Blood,"

Upvote 0