Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Their are some who have been perfected......if they were well knows and easy to point out, it would not be a way that few find......
I won't argue that some who have passed on may or may not have been perfected. I can argue for both sides convincing between whether we die and rest until the resurrection or die and immediately go to heaven. I simply don't know... and don't care because it is what I do HERE that matters, and so me speculating at what happens later, to ME, is a waste of time.

If you are speaking about people ALIVE today... then I am sorry brother Raymond, but I would venture to say you are incorrect. Only Yeshua was glorified, and we still decay, get disease, and die and that is proof alone that we have not been perfected yet.

Blessings.
Ken

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We are all sinners. One would have to be void of any thoughts to be 100% sin free. Even the tiniest thing can be a sin.

We trip up, we get up, repent (be it to a priest like me) and try harder next time. God is mercy and love.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they were not like a lamp on a hill at night for all the town below to see, would they be perfect?
Jesus was THE light......yet, those that were religious found many things wrong with them. Do you believe that the church will not find a lot wrong with you even after you have become perfect.....if this has not happened already, that is.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see how one who continues to sin hasn't repented, we have the sin of omission and commission,
would you say that your not a sinner?
I believe that this could be an issue of the definition of repent. I believe to repent, you have to turn away from sin. How are we that are dead to sin, live any longer there in? therefore, one who continues to sin, have not turned away from it yet..... I'm not familiar with the different categories of sins.......so i can speak to that......but I believe all sin has the same end result.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Taking what you say into account you would say that the person is committing the same sin?
No, just sinning period. Sin starts in your mind, before it is even expressed....so there is no way for one outside of yourself to know if you sin or not.....

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, just sinning period. Sin starts in your mind, before it is even expressed....so there is no way for one outside of yourself to know if you sin or not.....
that's not accurate, if you are around other brothers and sisters you could see in person if they have sinned or not people only have to speak

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I ran across a really odd belief among some "independent Baptists" that has it that no matter what a person does after baptism it isn't sin.

I’m not sure how they come to that conclusion.

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if
I believe that this could be an issue of the definition of repent. I believe to repent, you have to turn away from sin. How are we that are dead to sin, live any longer there in? therefore, one who continues to sin, have not turned away from it yet..... I'm not familiar with the different categories of sins.......so i can speak to that......but I believe all sin has the same end result.
we are being con
so my point was a repentant sinner, I can be granted repentance on a particular issue, and be brought the opposite way from it, but if I carry out another sin im a sinner. repentance on a matter does not cover all matters that's why he grants repentance.

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so my point was a repentant sinner, I can be granted repentance on a particular issue, and be brought the opposite way from it, but if I carry out another sin im a sinner. repentance on a matter does not cover all matters that's why he grants repentance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are speaking about people ALIVE today... then I am sorry brother Raymond, but I would venture to say you are incorrect. Only Yeshua was glorified, and we still decay, get disease, and die and that is proof alone that we have not been perfected yet.

Blessings.
Ken
There are some who do not decay, disease or leave the body before they desire it. It is ok if you choose not to....for this is what the multitudes do. But if, at any point, you desire to believe more, you will receive more.

"27 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.
28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord."

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

What is your answer?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are all sinners. One would have to be void of any thoughts to be 100% sin free. Even the tiniest thing can be a sin.

We trip up, we get up, repent (be it to a priest like me) and try harder next time. God is mercy and love.
I believe you have said something important........Who, by taking thought can add one cubit to his stature. Jesus told us to take no thought many times.... Maybe He said so for a reason....

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think all sin starts in the mind otherwise thing you do would be premeditated

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I believe you have said something important........Who, by taking thought can add one cubit to his stature. Jesus told us to take no thought many times.... Maybe He said so for a reason....

Easily said than done. Tiniest thing can be a sin. Nobody is is free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was THE light......yet, those that were religious found many things wrong with them. Do you believe that the church will not find a lot wrong with you even after you have become perfect.....if this has not happened already, that is.

That's just it, we're not THE light, we're completely dependent on THE light, to be a light for HIM. The Apostle Peter comes to mind, in the gospels where Jesus called him out on the water, Peter stepped out of the boat onto the water and walked towards Jesus, but for some reason, he began to sink, and when he did, cried out; "Lord, save me!". Christ is a perfect Savior and the perfecter of faith, by which we are declared righteous. If I thought of myself as perfect while in the flesh, I might suffer an identity crisis, and not even realize I am sinking, I have become focused on self, and not on Him, the perfect Savior and perfecter of faith.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's not accurate, if you are around other brothers and sisters you could see in person if they have sinned or not people only have to speak
No, they only have to think. If I call you a shirt button(assume this has negative meanings) you would first have to hear it, then think about it and what feeling you should have concerning it.....Then you decide to be angry and hate me........then you try to slap me. The sin was in the thoughts, the attempted slap was only a result. Only you and God knows your thoughts..

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, they only have to think. If I call you a shirt button(assume this has negative meanings) you would first have to hear it, then think about it and what feeling you should have concerning it.....Then you decide to be angry and hate me........then you try to slap me. The sin was in the thoughts, the attempted slap was only a result. Only you and God knows your thoughts..
ok so if someone has bumped into you or a car has pulled out in front of you, we could react in anger that has taken place without any thought.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if

we are being con

I can go with that.....I was thinking of repentance from all sin....not just some. In this case repentant sinner is an acceptable title.

Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Upvote 0