Are You A Sinner?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you are condemned aren't you Jason for you are not sinless. Why do you bother to read the bible and pray? It is all hopeless for you isn't it

You are not reading and believing 1 Corinthians 10:13. You are just ignoring the verse here and talking about something else. Please give me a word by word commentary on 1 Corinthians 10:13. Please keep in mind that the reading should not be strained beyond what it plainly says.

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are not reading and believing 1 Corinthians 10:13. You are just ignoring the verse here and talking about something else. Please give me a word by word commentary on 1 Corinthians 10:13. Please keep in mind that the reading should not be strained beyond what it plainly says.
No temptationc]'>[c] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be temptedd]'>[d] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,e]'>[e] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

So why do you commit sin?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us 1John1:8
Is John condemned too?

Please do not tell me that only concerns past sins. John is speaking in the present tense and includes himself in the we.

I already explained 1 John 1:8 before several times.
If your interpretation was true, then we would have a contradiction by reading 1 John 2:4. 1 John 1:8 is in reference to saying sin is an illusion. This is because in 1 John 2:26, John was referring to those who were trying to seduce the brethren. So 1 John 1:8 is a warning to the brethren not to think this way. They gnostics (who were trying to deceive the brethren) were saying sin does not exist or it is not real. But John says we are to deal with sin by confessing it (1 John 1:9) and then by forsaking it (1 John 1:7), which is perfectly in line with the rest of Scripture that you ignore (Proverbs 28:13) (Matthew 12:41, cf Jonah 3:6-10).

You said:
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed James5:16

In the King James, James 5:16 uses the word "faults" and not sins. We are to confess our sins to the Lord and not brethren. There is no such thing as confessionals. Besides, if you believe we are saved by even breaking the Moral Law, then no sin should technically be condemning them to feel sick (if they are truly forgiven).

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matt6:15&16

This is talking about salvation. If you are not forgiven by the Father, then you are not saved. Salvation and forgiveness go hand in hand.

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I already explained 1 John 1:8 before several times.
If your interpretation was true, then we would have a contradiction by reading 1 John 2:4. 1 John 1:8 is in reference to saying sin is an illusion. This is because in 1 John 2:26, John was referring to those who were trying to seduce the brethren. So 1 John 1:8 is a warning to the brethren not to think this way. They say the way to deal with sin is to confess it (1 John 1:9) and to forsake it (1 John 1:7), which is perfectly in line with the rest of Scripture that you ignore (Proverbs 28:13) (Matthew 12:41, cf Jonah 3:6-10).

In the King James, James 5:16 uses the word "faults" and not sins. We are to confess our sins to the Lord and not brethren. There is no such thing as confessionals. Besides, if you believe we are saved by even breaking the Moral Law, then no sin should technically be condemning them to feel sick (if they are truly forgiven).

This is talking about salvation. If you are not forgiven by the Father, then you are not saved. Salvation and forgiveness go hand in hand.
Faults/sins, same thing. There is nothing wrong with the NIV.

I will repeat, John is speaking in the present tense in 1John1:8 and he includes himself in the we.
Jesus is referring to believers, you cannot have a heavenly Father unless you are saved. You will always find contradictions, until you can see beyond the letter itself

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Faults/sins, same thing. There is nothing wrong with the NIV.

I will repeat, John is speaking in the present tense in 1John1:8 and he includes himself in the we.
Jesus is referring to believers, you cannot have a heavenly Father unless you are saved. You will always find contradictions, until you can see beyond the letter itself

Yes, John is talking in the present and yes, John is talking to believers in the fact that he is warning them against a false gnostic belief. Proof? Just read 1 John 1:10. It says if we say we have not sinned (past tense) we make Him (God) out to be a liar, etc. I am pretty sure both of us agree that we have sinned (past tense) as a part of our old life. So this cannot be talking to the brethren's current situation here. John is warning them about the false gnostic belief.

Again, read 1 John 2:26. It talks about how he is writing these things in regards to those who trying to seduce them (the brethren).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No temptationc]'>[c] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be temptedd]'>[d] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,e]'>[e] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

So why do you commit sin?

You repeated the passage in what it says but you did not really offer an explanation in what it says in your own words that fits your belief. I know why. Because you really don't have one. You have to actually give me a detailed commentary in what it says; Otherwise Scripture testifies against you.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, John is talking in the present and yes, John is talking to believers in the fact that he is warning them against a false gnostic belief. Proof? Just read 1 John 1:10. It says if we say we have not sinned (past tense) we make Him (God) out to be a liar, etc. I am pretty sure both of us agree that we have sinned (past tense) as a part of our old life. So this cannot be talking to the brethren's current situation here. John is warning them about the false gnostic belief.

Again, read 1 John 2:26. It talks about how he is writing these things in regards to those who trying to seduce them (the brethren).
John is writing to believers. Non believers would not go around saying they do not commit sin, the subject would not interest them. John and his readers would have no truth in them if they claimed to be without sin. You are trying really hard aren't you to change what is actually written

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You repeated the passage in what it says but you did not really offer an explanation in what it says in your own words that fits your belief. I know why. Because you really don't have one. You have to actually give me a detailed commentary in what it says; Otherwise Scripture testifies against you.

Thanks.
Well I could give you a detailed commentary, and will if you answer this question(no evasion)
Why do you commit sin? Do you not really care about obeying God at all? If you are preaching you can and should overcome every single temptation to sin, why do you yourself commit sin?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Day Dreamer 40:

You should be looking at the Bible and not my life. For we build our faith on the Word of God and not by sight or any one individual's life.

So let's stick to what the Bible says, shall we?
Or is your argument of your belief too weak to stand when in view of the light of God's Word?

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Dear Day Dreamer 40:

You should be looking at the Bible and not my life. For we build our faith on the Word of God and not by sight or any one individual's life.

So let's stick to what the Bible says, shall we?
Or is your argument of your belief too weak to stand when in view of the light of God's Word?
You are living proof that what you preach is unobtainable. For you cannot do what you insist Christians must do can you. Either you do not care about obeying God, or you cannot practice what you preach. Which is it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John is writing to believers. Non believers would not go around saying they do not commit sin, the subject would not interest them. John and his readers would have no truth in them if they claimed to be without sin. You are trying really hard aren't you to change what is actually written

Did you ever even read 1 John 2:26 before?

"These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you." (1 John 2:26).

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

"These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you." (1 John 2:26).
Absolutely. And who tries to lead people astray from the true message? Those who preach a message they cannot attain to in their own life

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I could give you a detailed commentary, and will if you answer this question(no evasion)
Why do you commit sin? Do you not really care about obeying God at all? If you are preaching you can and should overcome every single temptation to sin, why do you yourself commit sin?

No. I am not going to play your game anymore of talking about my personal life. Our faith rests upon what God's Word says and it does not rest upon what we see by sight. You either show the strength of your belief in the Bible by giving a detailed commentary on 1 Corinthians 10:13, or you let me win by not giving our readers one. The more you delay, the more you make it look like you really do not know what 1 Corinthians 10:13 actually says.

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

You see Jason, I tell you, that the warnings in scripture are for people who live a lifestyle of sin, not for those who hate their imperfections. As you should come under the latter, why berate me for stating that?

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No. I am not going to play your game anymore of talking about my personal life. Our faith rests upon what God's Word says and it does not rest upon what we see by sight. You either show the strength of your belief in the Bible by giving a detailed commentary on 1 Corinthians 10:16, or you let me win by not giving our readers one. The more you delay, the more you make it look like you really do not know what 1 Corinthians 10:16 actually says.
Oh I have been responding to your questions and scriptures constantly. But you are preaching what bears no reflection upon your own life. Which means, either you do not care about obeying God, or, you are proof your understanding is faulty. I can see why you wish to avoid answering

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You see Jason, I tell you, that the warnings in scripture are for people who live a lifestyle of sin, not for those who hate their imperfections. As you should come under the latter, why berate me for stating that?

I know your position of what you believe. Restating that fact without Scripture does not help to prove your position of being true in any way.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I stated that John is warning the brethren of a false gnostic belief from those who were trying to seduce them. You didn't seem to agree. So I posted 1 John 2:26 to show you that you say here is not correct.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh I have been responding to your questions and scriptures constantly. But you are preaching what bears no reflection upon your own life. Which means, either you do not care about obeying God, or, you are proof your understanding is faulty. I can see why you wish to avoid answering

No, you haven't exactly. You are still avoiding the dreaded list of verses that talks about how believers can overcome sin. You did not provide a detailed commentary on even one of these verses say in light of your belief.

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I know your position of what you believe. Restating that fact without Scripture does not help to prove your position of being true in any way.
You have had many scriptures Jason, stop fibbing, that is breaking the moral law

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I stated that John is warning the brethren of a false gnostic belief from those who were trying to seduce them. You didn't seem to agree. So I posted 1 John 2:26 to show you that you say here is not correct.
Yes I know, as soon is a verse is put before you that shows your belief to be false, out comes the faulty exergesis to try and overturn the plainly written word

Upvote 0