Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see you are non denom. You go it alone. Interpret scripture as 'you' see fit. Sola scripturists. Not one with the church then. The church given to us by Jesus when He told Peter he was the rock and on that rock He would build His church.
He built the Gentile church on Paul if anyone. Peter, by the way, was rebuked by Paul because he was doing wrong. The church is built on the fact that Jesus was the Christ and in him we have life eternal, not a man who died.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Notice how you quote a passage and then you stop close to the point where it condemns a sin and still be saved type belief.

"For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;" (Romans 2:12).

It says as many as have sinned without the Law have perished without the Law. We are without the Law of Moses, so we can also perish with the Law of Moses if we sin or break God's commands under the New Covenant. This is what it is saying. Also, Romans 2 says,

5 "...God;
6 ...will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil," (Romans 2:5-9).

So God will render to every man according to his deeds. God says that those who obey unrighteousness there will be wrath upon every soul that does evil. Yet, you are saying that you can do evil and yet not have wrath in the fact that you admit that you are a sinner and it's okay because you have a belief on Jesus. So what you believe does not match up with Scripture.

Are you perfect?

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, not all sins are the same (See 1 John 5:16-17).

Second, sometimes Christians need to mature before they can walk uprightly with the Lord. It is not always an overnight process for some believers. They need to study and learn the Word of God. That takes time. That does not mean they have a license to sin, though.

Three, Christians should obey the posted speed limits. While I believe it is a sin to go over the speed limit a little (like say 5mph), I do not believe it is a grievous sin that leads to spiritual death (i.e. the Lake of Fire). Yes, I am aware of Romans 13. But what is the context? Is it talking about minor infractions of the Law? I do not believe it is because Romans 13:4-5 says that if you do evil, be afraid, for the higher powers (government authorities) are a minister of God who does not bear the sword in vain; They are a revenger to execute wrath upon that person who does evil. This sounds like major transgression of Law to me here because they tell the reader to be afraid whereby they will throw you into prison or execute you for committing a major crime. However, if the police or judicial system does not punish you for going over a little (like say 5mph), why would God condemn you? But if you could be thrown in jail for going over a little, then I think it would be a big deal to break this kind of Law because the law is considered to be a serious infraction for that government. Also, if we are driving in such a way that puts others at risk by us going excessively fast, that is a serious lack of love of your neighbor and I would consider that a grievous sin. All God's laws are based upon loving God and loving your neighbor. If we have gone over the speed limit in a way that is too fast, we should repent and ask God for forgiveness, especially if the Lord convicts us of this sin. So while it is important to take seriously all the laws of the land that do not conflict with God's laws, I do not think minor infractions is what is in view of Romans 13 (even though we should obey the traffic laws as best as we possibly can). Remember, Jesus desired the Pharisees to focus on doing the weightier matters of the Law like love, justice, faith, and mercy (Which they did not obey - See Luke 11:42, and Matthew 23:23).

Unintentional sins is not not the same thing as willful sin. If you were not paying attention, you could easily do this. This does not mean you committed a grievous sin. If you intended to run the light, then that is not good because it would not be loving your neighbor in the fact that you could have caused an accident. But if your mind was elsewhere and you were not intending to hurt anyone, then that is different. Also, Romans 13 is in view of major infractions whereby you can go to prison and or be executed. For it says for you to be afraid, for the higher powers do not bear the sword in vain.

With the help of the Lord Jesus Christ, we can control our thoughts believe it or not. Bad thoughts in most cases are a salvation issue whereby we need to confess such sins immediately and forsake them. For Jesus said that looking upon a woman in lust it can potentially cause a person's entire body to be cast into hellfire (See Matthew 5:28-30).

Romans 13:14 says put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ and fulfill not the lusts of the flesh. Galatians 5:24 says they that are Christ's have crucified the affections and lusts.

This is a salvation issue if we do not repent of such a thing. Jesus says a person defiles themselves not by what goes inside them but what comes out of their mouths. Jesus says your words can condemn you (See Matthew 12:37). So it is important to guard our words in what we say and make sure they always uplift God and His good ways.

I think it depends on what you mean here. If a person doubts God's salvation later down the road, than I would say that is a very serious problem and it is probably the result of grievous sin in one's life that they did not repent of. Hebrews 3 warns not to let sin deceive you for it can cause a person to have an evil heart of unbelief whereby they can depart from the living God. Departing from God is not the same as backsliding into sin while believing in Jesus. Departing from God is denying God's salvation or denying God's existence after a person was once enlightened by the Spirit. Such a thing is apostasy and it cannot be repented of.

Again, not all sins are the same (See 1 John 5:16-17).

Are you perfect?

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cannot do everything through Christ if you are also sinning. That is an oxymoron.

Since you are perfect do you want us to start worshipping you? And since you are perfect you can die for your own sins, you don't need God to redeem you, you can redeem yourself. You can pay for everyone sins since you claim to be perfect.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cannot do everything through Christ if you are also sinning. That is an oxymoron.

We can do everything through Jason0047 who knows everything and never sins. He is our true God. He claims to be without sin.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Either you are a sinner or you are sinless. If you claim to be sinless you call God a lier because He says we are all sinners. If you claim to be sinless then you claim that the Bible is false teaching. There are only two possiblities. You are a sinner or sinless. If you are a sinner you can admit your sin and God will forgive you and cleanse you. He won't hold your sin against you anymore. He will come to you and help you live for Him.

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
People who claim to be sinless, can only have a very shallow understanding/conviction of what the law demands. I do not see how they can be close to God, or have much spiritual understanding either. For the closer you come to God, the more pain you feel at your imperfections. Only a hardened, or proud heart could claim to be sinless. Anyone can read the letter of scripture inside and out without understanding the message in it. The Pharisees of Jesus day being a perfect example of this

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you perfect?
So if the poster says he/she is you can accuse them of a character flaw and so their words are supposedly invalid.

If the poster says they’re not perfect, then you can discredit what they say cause they’re not perfect.

This is an ad hominem attack used by people who are losing a disagreement. They did the same to Jesus. When they had no answer, they called him a glutton and a drunkard and later having a demon. It’s what those kind of people do when faced with superior reasons in a person of superior understanding instead of deciding to learn from them.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you are perfect do you want us to start worshipping you? And since you are perfect you can die for your own sins, you don't need God to redeem you, you can redeem yourself. You can pay for everyone sins since you claim to be perfect.
Not a very loving or forgiving post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
. They did the same to Jesus. When they had no answer, they called him a glutton and a drunkard and later having a demon. It’s what those kind of people do when faced with superior reasons in a person of superior understanding instead of deciding to learn from them.

The people you are referring to, who remorselessly attacked Christ, were religious people who liked to infer they were either sinless, or pretty close to it. They constantly accused Jesus of being a lawbreaker. The same kind of people exist today as they did 2,000 years ago

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if the poster says he/she is you can accuse them of a character flaw and do their words are supposedly invalid.

If the poster says they’re not perfect, then you can discredit what they say cause they’re not perfect.

This is an ad hominem attack used by people who are losing a disagreement. They did the same to Jesus. When they had no answer, they called him a glutton and a drunkard and later having a demon. It’s what those kind of people do when faced with superior reasons in a person of superior understanding instead of deciding to learn from them.

Was Jesus a drunk, a glutton, and demon possessed?

Is Jason0047 sinless?

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a very loving or forgiving post.

People on this site our not very loving or forgiving yet they claim to be without sin. I post my beliefs and a number of people come and tare me apart. Would someone who wasn't Christian come on this site and want to become a Christian after they read how the people who claim they are Christian just berate everyone and exalt themselves over everyone and think they are better and smarter than everyone?

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
These websites, in particular these kind of debates do not reflect well on Christianity. People come, believing they know the truth and are here to teach others what they think they know. And, these websites give people a voice who have the strangest of beliefs. I have never met any believer in the flesh who claims sinless perfection, for the idea is frankly nonsensical, but on the internet you do meet such people

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Imagine a child being raised by parents, who, every time the child infringed the rules, threw them out of the house and would not let them back in until they earnestly repented. In my country, parents who acted so unlovingly would have the child taken off them for its own protection. And yet, that is how some believe God treats his children. It is not a loving Gospel message

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These websites, in particular these kind of debates do not reflect well on Christianity. People come, believing they know the truth and are here to teach others what they think they know. And, these websites give people a voice who have the strangest of beliefs. I have never met any believer in the flesh who claims sinless perfection, for the idea is frankly nonsensical, but on the internet you do meet such people

Luke 18:9-14 NLT
Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: [10] “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. [11] The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! [12] I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’ [13] “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ [14] I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Reactions: daydreamer40
Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Imagine a child being raised by parents, who, every time the child infringed the rules, threw them out of the house and would not let them back in until they earnestly repented. In my country, parents who acted so unlovingly would have the child taken off them for its own protection. And yet, that is how some believe God treats his children. It is not a loving Gospel message

Is their God Merciful and Loving?

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No way. Their idea of God is not one full of mercy, love and compassion

I don't want to become like that. I know Jesus is full of Mercy, Love, and Compassion. Father, please forgive me for any harsh words that I said on this site. Asked in my Faith in Jesus' Love and Authority.

Upvote 0