Are You A Sinner?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lol. No answer from you!

My answer is the Word of God.
Can you explain the verses I put forth please?
So I can say there is no answer from you, too.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
But if your interpretation is true, we then have many contradictory verses in Scripture. For the Bible talks about overcoming sin in this life:

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13).

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (Romans 13:14).

"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Galatians 5:24).

1 "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." (1 Peter 4:1-2).

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 7:1).

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16).

"Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world." (1 Peter 2:12 NLT).

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" (Philippians 2:15).

“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him” (Romans 6:6-8).

“Don't you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living.” (Romans 6:16 NLT).

“there are false prophets... who cannot cease from sin.” (2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 2:14).

“Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.” (1 Corinthians 15:34).

“Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen” (Hebrews 13:20-21).

“But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.” (1 John 2:5).

“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;” (1 Thessalonians 4:3-4).

“For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.” (1 Thessalonians 4:7).​

For how do you explain these verses?

Interpretation. You interpret them differently.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 3:23
23 since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

1 John 1:8-9
8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Nobody is without sin. Only Jesus was / is without sin. We have to keep struggling in this life against the evil one. Jesus is the way, the truth and the Life.

He gave us the 'Our Father' prayer. He knew we easily fall into sin. He gave us Apostolic succession, where we could go to a priest, just like the Apostles. They were given power to forgive, through Our Lord Jesus Christ.

I already explained 1 John 1:8. Oh, and 1 John 1:9 is proof that you need to take action to be saved. You have to confess sin in order to be forgiven of sin. However, this is in context to forsaking sin (See 1 John 1:7). Also read Proverbs 28:13, and read Matthew 12:41 and compare with Jonah 3:6-10.

As for Romans 3:23. Great way to isolate a text. Okay, so if you believe this verse is in reference to the life of a believer’s present way of living and it is not talking about their old life of sin, then you must also believe that believers in the present tense do not have any understanding and they do not seek after God, too (See Romans 3:11). Do you believe that?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My answer is the Word of God.
Can you explain the verses I put forth please?
So I can say there is no answer from you, too.

I see you are non denom. You go it alone. Interpret scripture as 'you' see fit. Sola scripturists. Not one with the church then. The church given to us by Jesus when He told Peter he was the rock and on that rock He would build His church.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interpretation. You interpret them differently.

Right. So explain how 1 John 2:4 works with your interpretation 1 John 1:8. In 1 John 2:4, the person who says they know the Lord and does not keep his commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them. How exactly does that work with your interpretation on 1 John 1:8?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see you are non denom. You go it alone. Interpret scripture as 'you' see fit. Sola scripturists. Not one with the church then. The church given to us by Jesus when He told Peter he was the rock and on that rock He would build His church.

The Bible is the only collection of documents that has truly shown itself to be divine in origin. I guarantee you that most churches and their traditions or methods of interpretations have changed or they conflict with themselves and they speak confusion. They prove that what they say is not divine. I am also not alone. There are other fellow brethren who believe very similar to the way I do. But the majority path is not the narrow way. The popular churches of our day are not popular wide gate path that everyone is on. Believers and unbelievers worship together. Come enjoy the loud music show and the feel good sermon. Or enjoy worshiping God in a way that makes you fall asleep with men wearing holy garments making themselves appear better than you. Most churches do not even know who you are in most cases. Is that what we read about in the New Testament?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I don’t shut my brain off to what others say and blindly follow them. I have a mind of my own and can think logically, too. To follow others blindly is dangerous. Ever hear of Jim Jones?

Are you Catholic?

Anyways, God’s Word says we are to study to show ourselves approved unto God (2 Timothy 2:15).
Also, the Scriptures say that the Spirit teaches us and we do not have any need that anyone teach us, as well (See 1 John 2:27). For the Spirit teaches us all things (John 14:26).

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is the only collection of documents that has truly shown itself to be divine in origin. I guarantee you that most churches and their traditions or methods of interpretations have changed or they conflict with themselves and they speak confusion. They prove that what they say is not divine. I am also not alone. There are other fellow brethren who believe very similar to the way I do. But the majority path is not the narrow way. The popular churches of our day are not popular wide gate path that everyone is on. Believers and unbelievers worship together. Come enjoy the loud music show and the feel good sermon. Most churches do not even know who you are in most cases. Is that what we read about in the New Testament?

You look at scripture with you Sola Scripture eyes.

Jesus gave us His church and that church lives on today. It is the Catholic church. It's not a building, it's a collection of people who believe in what Jesus gave us. Apostolic succession. Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition.

You don't believe in that. That's up to you.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don’t shut my brain off to what others say and blindly follow them. I have a mind of my own and can think logically, too. To follow others blindly is dangerous. Ever hear of Jim Jones?

Are you Catholic?

Anyways, God’s Word says we are to study to show ourselves approved unto God (2 Timothy 2:15).
Also, the Scriptures say that the Spirit teaches us and we do not have any need that anyone teach us, as well (See 1 John 2:27). For the Spirit teaches us all things (John 14:26).

Jesus sent out His Apostles to teach. Jesus sent out His Apostles to forgive. Jesus is with His church

Matthew 18:20
20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”

You look at things differently. That's your perogative.

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I was raised in a church that was heavily ''sola scripture'' The problem is, you cannot practice what you preach. Most of the stalwarts of the church just put on an act on Sundays. Problem was, as a naïve young man I believed they lived their lives as they appeared on Sundays. It had a bad effect on me(to put it mildly). They tend to believe, if you preach righteousness apart from obeying law, that means you have a licence to sin. It is such a pity, so many believe that, and are not willing to accept the new covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You look at scripture with you Sola Scripture eyes.

Jesus gave us His church and that church lives on today. It is the Catholic church. It's not a building, it's a collection of people who believe in what Jesus gave us. Apostolic succession. Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition.

You don't believe in that. That's up to you.

I know the church is not a building, but it is a people. It is ironic you say that because most who attend a church organization refer to the building as the church (Especially those in the Catholic Church). I will not discuss the Catholic Church here because that does not go over too well on this forum. But lets just say I believe it is unbiblical for many reasons. It is so obvious it is not even funny. But people see what they want to see. You see Scripture through Catholic glasses. Well, that is if you are allowed to read Scripture on your own with God’s help (without the church).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I know the church is not a building, but it is a people. It is ironic you say that because most who attend a church organization refer to the building as the church. I will not discuss the Catholic Church here because that does not go over too well on this forum. But lets just say I believe it is unbiblical for many reasons. It is so obvious it is not even funny. But people see what they want to see. You see Scripture through Catholic glasses. Well, that is if you are aloud to read Scripture on your own with God’s help.

That last sentence of yours just goes to show everyone here how much you don't understand Catholicism.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was raised in a church that was heavily ''sola scripture'' The problem is, you cannot practice what you preach. Most of the stalwarts of the church just put on an act on Sundays. Problem was, as a naïve young man I believed they lived their lives as they appeared on Sundays. It had a bad effect on me(to put it mildly). They tend to believe, if you preach righteousness apart from obeying law, that means you have a licence to sin. It is such a pity, so many believe that, and are not willing to accept the new covenant.

We cannot be concerned with what others do. The standard of God’s Word is not determined by what others do. That is where you faulter, my friend. We are going to be held accountable to what God’s Word says. You cannot build your belief based upon what you see others do. The foundation for our belief has to be the Word of God alone. For what other holy document or transmission compares to God’s Word? None, of course.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That last sentence of yours just goes to show everyone here how much you don't understand Catholicism.

I may not know all the intristic workings of the Catholic Church, but I do know enough about it’s key doctrines or beliefs (like praying to Mary, the saints, bowing down to statues, etc.) that conflicts with Scripture in many places. Again, I am not going to argue with you over this because that kind of discussion does not go over too well here.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You also suggested that you rely on what your church says. So I am not far off here. You have to go with what they say. But what if God is leading you to believe something else about a particular verse or passage? In the end, you have to conform to what they say. If I am wrong, then please explain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus sent out His Apostles to teach. Jesus sent out His Apostles to forgive. Jesus is with His church

Matthew 18:20
20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”

You look at things differently. That's your perogative.

Right. But this is not describing a pope or a priest gathering among two lower subordinates in his name. We believers are all called priests.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It sounds like you had a bad experience with a church. However, we will all stand before God at a judgment based on our works. Your bad experience does not determine the truth and undo what God’s Word says.

Jesus says if you do not receive His words,
those very words will judge you on the last day
(See John 12:48).

It is not a church or set of rules you made up (based on your own experience) that will get you off the hook here.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you provide a verse where Jesus stated that one, after being born again, is still a sinner?

Have you ever driven over the speed limit after you were Saved? Have you ever driven through a yellow light and not made it all the way through before it turned red? Have you ever had a bad thought after you were Saved. Have you ever swore after you were Saved? Have you ever doubted God after you were Saved? If you said yes to any of these question you sinned. Have you done everything in love after you were Saved? Have you paid all the taxes that you should have paid? If you bought something online from out of state did you pay for the taxes in your income taxes? Do you know the whole tax coded? If you don't the whole tax code, how do you know if you broke the law? Do you know all the Law in the Bible? Have you followed all the Law in the Bible? If you said no to any of these question you have sinned. According to you and others on this site unless you never sin again you are going to hell. But is that even possible? Can you always obey the government and your leaders and always obey God? What is your boss tells you to do something that God tells you not to do? What if your boss tells you to lie for him, do you lie because you are commanded to obey your leaders? If you do lie you break the commandment not to lie. Have you always worked non-stop at work. If you ever talked to someone about personal life you steal time from your employer. Have you ever taken a pen, paper, or anything home from work? Have you always put others ahead of your needs? Have you ever envied someone? Have you ever ate too much? How much is too much? How do you even know if you ate too much? Have you ever done anything just for fun? If you have isn't that being selfish? You should always do things unselfishly. You should never work for selfish reasons. Unless everything you do is for someone else you brought the Law. Have you ever bought something because someone else had it? That is sinning. I could write all day. Can you honestly say that you can make it through a day never thinking about what's best for you? Can you honestly say that you have done everything selflessly? If you want to be perfect, then you should sell everything you have and give it all to the poor. You should donate all your time to the needy. You should never buy anything for fun only out of necessity. You should only say kind things and never get angry. You should never get lustful thoughts when you see a women/man. If you are overweight you should never get fat or eat more than you need.

Romans 13:1-10 NLT
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. [2] So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. [3] For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. [4] The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. [5] So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience. [6] Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. [7] Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority. [8] Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. [9] For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” [10] Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: daydreamer40
Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever driven over the speed limit after you were Saved? Have you ever driven through a yellow light and not made it all the way through before it turned red? Have you ever had a bad thought after you were Saved. Have you ever swore after you were Saved? Have you ever doubted God after you were Saved? If you said yes to any of these question you sinned. Have you done everything in love after you were Saved? Have you paid all the taxes that you should have paid? If you bought something online from out of state did you pay for the taxes in your income taxes? Do you know the whole tax coded? If you don't the whole tax code, how do you know if you broke the law? Do you know all the Law in the Bible? Have you followed all the Law in the Bible? If you said no to any of these question you have sinned. According to you and others on this site unless you never sin again you are going to hell. But is that even possible? Can you always obey the government and your leaders and always obey God? What is your boss tells you to do something that God tells you not to do? What if your boss tells you to lie for him, do you lie because you are commanded to obey your leaders? If you do lie you break the commandment not to lie. Have you always worked non-stop at work. If you ever talked to someone about personal life you steal time from your employer. Have you ever taken a pen, paper, or anything home from work? Have you always put others ahead of your needs? Have you ever envied someone? Have you ever ate too much? How much is too much? How do you even know if you ate too much? Have you ever done anything just for fun? If you have isn't that being selfish? You should always do things unselfishly. You should never work for selfish reasons. Unless everything you do is for someone else you brought the Law. Have you ever bought something because someone else had it? That is sinning. I could write all day. Can you honestly say that you can make it through a day never thinking about what's best for you? Can you honestly say that you have done everything selflessly? If you want to be perfect, then you should sell everything you have and give it all to the poor. You should donate all your time to the needy. You should never buy anything for fun only out of necessity. You should only say kind things and never get angry. You should never get lustful thoughts when you see a women/man. If you are overweight you should never get fat or eat more than you need.

Romans 13:1-10 NLT
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. [2] So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. [3] For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. [4] The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. [5] So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience. [6] Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. [7] Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority. [8] Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. [9] For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” [10] Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.

Jesus came to fulfill the Law because we can't. The Law was given to show us that we are sinners. Not for us to keep it. It shows that we need Jesus. When we put our trust and Faith in Jesus we are no longer under the Law we are now under the Law of Love. We serve out of Love. We live in Love. We do things based on Love, not because we have to. In some instances we might not even follow the Law, but we will be following the intent of the Law if we do it in Love.

Matthew 5:17-20 NLT
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. [18] I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. [19] So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. [20] “But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!

Galatians 5:13-15 NLT
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. [14] For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” [15] But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.

Romans 13:8-10 NLT
Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. [9] For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” [10] Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.

James 4:11-12 TPT
Dear friends, as part of God’s family, never speak against another family member, for when you slander a brother or sister you violate God’s law of love. And your duty is not to make yourself a judge of the law of love by saying that it doesn’t apply to you, but your duty is to obey it! [12] There is only one true Lawgiver and Judge, the One who has the power to save and destroy—so who do you think you are to judge your neighbor?

Upvote 0