Houston
✟15,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone I am a firm believer in repenting to the point that every time I think about it I will ask God for forgiveness. I know that in order to be in the presence of the father is to be blameless which to me means repenting of all sins and forgiven. My question and concern is this. We all know that it is written that when Jesus returns it will be like a thief in the night, a twinkling of an eye. Everyone sins everyday especially because of the corrupted world that we live in. What if Jesus comes in the middle of the day and we havent repented for our sins that day? Will we go tohell, not be raptured up in the clouds? I am so confused about this. I try to repent everyday but sometimes when I'm at work I dont repent during the day for cussing or maybe being jelouse,sometimes after work I may go to a happy hour or have a dissagreement with my husband and stay mad at him for a litttle while.Would I still be raptured if I'm at a bar at the time or angry at my husband, so busy at work that I havent had the chance to ask for forgiveness. These are just everyday things I do and am reffering to. Will Jesus appear to us in the clouds and let us repent and declare him our Lord and Savior right then or will it be too late? Will we have a chance to repent or will we have tto be sinless at that moment? I have yet to see this question posted but its very important to me. Please reply I cant be the only one who thinks about this.

zapp

Jul 25, 2006
Texas
✟7,650.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lfoxx said:
Hello everyone I am a firm believer in repenting to the point that every time I think about it I will ask God for forgiveness. I know that in order to be in the presence of the father is to be blameless which to me means repenting of all sins and forgiven. My question and concern is this. We all know that it is written that when Jesus returns it will be like a thief in the night, a twinkling of an eye. Everyone sins everyday especially because of the corrupted world that we live in. What if Jesus comes in the middle of the day and we havent repented for our sins that day? Will we go tohell, not be raptured up in the clouds? I am so confused about this. I try to repent everyday but sometimes when I'm at work I dont repent during the day for cussing or maybe being jelouse,sometimes after work I may go to a happy hour or have a dissagreement with my husband and stay mad at him for a litttle while.Would I still be raptured if I'm at a bar at the time or angry at my husband, so busy at work that I havent had the chance to ask for forgiveness. These are just everyday things I do and am reffering to. Will Jesus appear to us in the clouds and let us repent and declare him our Lord and Savior right then or will it be too late? Will we have a chance to repent or will we have tto be sinless at that moment? I have yet to see this question posted but its very important to me. Please reply I cant be the only one who thinks about this.
LFox
you raise a good question that has been struggled with for 20 centuries. There is no easy, glib answer except ones that make one feel better, temporarily, perhaps without adequate scriptural authority.

Liturgical traditions tend to rely on the legacy of their saints, fathers, and theologians of the past, and it does feel like a streak in their theology would suggest that unconfessed sin is dangerous [exposes one to risk of encountering God's wrath upon death].

On the almost-polar-opposite, a good calvinist would say it simply does not matter. Its a moot point because God has already decided who will be saved, but keeps that secret to Himself, and since the heart of every person, the saved and the unsaved, is equally untrustworthy and deceptive, then no one knows their outcome; neither the saved or the unsaved. But they DO know that whether or not you confess/repent of sin is pointless.

Then there is the Baptist position that is carried over by many if not most evangelical protestant churches that are not overthrown by Calvinism.... which would hold that confession of sin is expected, but when you confess sin is not when our Father finds out about it, nor the REASON for forgiveness. The efficacy of the cross is not dependent on your memory, sincerity, or the words of confession. Christ paid the whole price once for all, the saved and the unsaved. Your confession can neither add to nor subtract from the bleeding sacrifice of the one spotless Lamb.

Also, let the Spirit judge you. You are not qualified to be your own judge. Dismiss a "vague feeling" of guilt and instead of going through your self-inspection checklist, FIRST pray thanksgiving for the blood, the death, AND the resurrection of Jesus, and invite the Holy Spirit to speak to you whatever He will. Spend the same effort on inviting more Holy Spirit control of your life that you expend on your confession and repentance.

God loves the humble!!!
bless you
z

Upvote 0

inhisdebt

Mar 22, 2006
✟1,090.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lfoxx said:
Salvation is not based on your perfection, it is based on the love and blood of christ. thus once forgiven by christ is enough for eternal salvation, you go back to christ regularly to keep those lines of communication open, but not for salvation.

Upvote 0

Lfoxx

Dec 2, 2005
Houston
✟15,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the responses everyone. Zapp your response brings me to confusion. You say that from a Calvanist perpective we are predistened heaven or hell. That doesnt make sense to me because I know it is written that we all have a choice which is why so many people go by thier own understandings and actions. If God gave us free will then how can our destiny be prewritten> i just find it hard to believe that someone could live their lives rejecting Jesus Christ for whatever reason and live an un Godly life and then get to have everlasting life and not go to hell simply because they were chosen. Unless that is these same people ask Jesus and recognize him to be thier Lord and Savior at thier death beds because dont get me wrong I've heard of stories like that before. I just dont see that as a fair outcome because this world that we live in today is so corrupted and I feel that escaping that corruption is a difficult challenge and those that escape it and live humbly are far and few between> I dont see our loving Father placing people on this earth that are destined for hell because that would mean thier choice was taken from them. Why would God put people on earth for Satan. We all have a choice. I never suggested that when we confess our Father finds our about it then thats would be naive thinking because God is our creator and of course he knows our thoughts it is written that Jesus knew others doubts (thoughts) of him and called them out on them regurlaly when he walked this earth. I know and understand that my confession or anyones for that matter doesnt bring additional sincerity of the sacrifice and of the blood of the lamb. But doesnt it make you more humble of a person to ask for forgivness when I feel that I've done wrong as opposed to saying to myself "it's okay I've been chosen to go to heaven so I dont have to confess" or, " I might not even go to heaven why should I waste my time" you know what I mean. I feel like confessing your sins does leave communication open with the Father because guilt in a lot of ways is conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Love321

Jul 30, 2006
✟7,786.00
Faith
Baptist
ONCE SAVED………….ALWAYS SAVED……… POWERFUL TEXT ON BOTH SIDES ……………..
II Corinthians 5: 17 When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness? or the things that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with me there should be yea yea, and nay nay? BACKSLIDING-NO LONGER IN THE WORD.

2 Corinthians 1:22
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

I Thessalonians 5:19 19 Quench not the Spirit.
Once saved……….obtaining the righteousness of Christ within you.
Should you backslide you having the Spirit of God will grieve when you backslide. Only will a true convicted heart grieve ……………….
For example…………… TWO MEN FROM THE SAME CHURCH GO HUNTING……….. THEY RUN INTO A FEW WOMEN AND SIN.
ONE GOES HOME AND SLEEPS LIKE A BABY …………..
THE OTHER GOES HOME AND IS UP ALL NIGHT CRYING.
ONE IS GRIEVED IN HIS SPIRIT, THE OTHER FEELS NOTHING.

DAVID SINNED AND GRIEVED. He wrote eight Psalms called penitential,,,,,,,,grieving.
Psalm 51:12 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.< OH LORD RESTORE UNTO ME………………………………. NOT MY SALVATION …………………..MY JOY…………….

Hebrews 12:5 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: WHOM HE LOVES HE SPANKS!
IF GOD DOES NOT SPANK YOU WHEN YOU SIN THEN YOU A *******. IF YOU DO NOT GRIEVE OR GET SPANKED YOU ARE AN ILLIGETAMETE CHILD. MY CHILDREN GET PUNISHED WHEN THEY BACKSLIDE.
Hebrews12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye *******s, and not sons.

SAVED YOU BELONG TO THE LORD..............WE ARE ALL SINNERS SAVED BY GRACE................ONE WILL SUFFER LOSS OF REWARDS.....

Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

IICOR. 5:10 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. WORKS GOOD OR BAD.
I COR :315 15 If any man's *Work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. LOSS OF REWARDS...
.......SAVED BY THE SKIN OF ONES TEETH...........Praise Jesus!
Here, one may have lived short of the Glory of God..........and have not much to offer unto the Lord............Yet............is purified through fire and Saved.

GOD BLESS
LOVE321:groupray:

Upvote 0

Love321

Jul 30, 2006
✟7,786.00
Faith
Baptist
Am I ready to answer for every word and deed during my life?

Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

It is written in Psalms, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." This is amazing, because it was written before it was shown that the earth is round. It says, "as far as the east is from west," not "as far as the north is from the south."
Because the earth is a sphere that spins on its axis, with an end at the North pole and an end at the South Pole, you can measure the distance between north and south. So if scripture had said,
"He removed our transgressions from us as far as north from south," we could have measured the distance - a few thousand miles.
But Scripture said, "as far as the east is from the west." If you go east or west around the world, you just keep going, without end. The directions of east and west are infinte - and so is the separation God puts between us and our transgressions.

So don't be hindered by sin, or by past failures. Rejoice, you are totally free. He has removed your sins, your past failures from you - as far as the east is from the west.

*Ask for forgiveness of your transgressions daily...............Don’t let them add up +
and.....you find you have taken them with you before the Lord.

God Bless
Love123:groupray:

(EAST TO WEST...... NORTH TO SOUTH, BY Jonathan Cahn

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lfoxx said:
We can and perhaps should repent every minute of the day but repenting isn't asking or begging God for forgiveness of our sins. Repent means to change, to change ones actions, attitudes, or beliefs. It's saying to God, this is the sin I am committing but I will turn from that sin and do it no more. Most importantly, we must make an effort to repent. We wont always be successful in making a total change but that is when we place our faith in Jesus Christ.

When we are convicted of a sin we go to God and confess our sins to Him. It's my belief that we need not ask for forgiveness because when we confess our sins we should know and expect God to forgive us of those sins. He has promised to do so and He will. Jesus died on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven. When you go to Him everytime you sin and plead for forgiveness I kinda see it as asking Jesus to get back up on that cross and die again.

We are to repent of our sins and until we are given glorified bodies we will need to repent often. My suggestion to you is, don't worry about it but make an effort to change. We are to live holy lives but God knows we will stumble and fall. What God wants is for you to place your trust in Him.

Upvote 0

Love321

Jul 30, 2006
✟7,786.00
Faith
Baptist

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

OK SO TO THINK WE ARE WITHOUT SIN EACH DAY...............IS A FALSITY.

IF ONE THINKS ... A THOUGHT OF LUST. GUILTY..........
IF ONE TELLS A WHITE LIE (man made white lies)..........AUNTY BETTY YOU LOOK GOOD AND YOU LIE IN YOUR HEART..........................GUILTY.........
A LIE IS A LIE....................

CHECK THIS OUT.....................IF YOU TELL A LIE .............YOU ARE JUST AS GUILTY AS A MAN THAT COMMITTED MURDER.

WHY?
IF YOU BROKE ONE OF THE COMMANDMENTS.................YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THEM ALL...............

James 2:10-11 (NIV) - For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it............

WHO IS WITHOUT SIN............EACH DAY? WHAT DOES YOUR BRAIN DO .......
WHEN YOUR LIPS AND HANDS ARE STILL?
DO YOU THINK A WRONG THOUGHT?
WE ARE MADE OF CORRUPTION.......... WE ARE SO SUSCEPTIBLE AND CAPABLE OF SIN.

WHO THINKS HE IS WITHOUT SIN.................IS THE BLIND SINNER ............FOR THAT IS PRIDE.............AND PRIDE IS WHY SATAN WAS CAST OUT OF HEAVEN..........AMEN...

Repent each day.......................Amen

GOD BLESS
LOVE321

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

OK SO TO THINK WE ARE WITHOUT SIN EACH DAY...............IS A FALSITY.

IF ONE THINKS ... A THOUGHT OF LUST. GUILTY..........
IF ONE TELLS A WHITE LIE (man made white lies)..........AUNTY BETTY YOU LOOK GOOD AND YOU LIE IN YOUR HEART..........................GUILTY.........
A LIE IS A LIE....................

CHECK THIS OUT.....................IF YOU TELL A LIE .............YOU ARE JUST AS GUILTY AS A MAN THAT COMMITTED MURDER.

WHY?
IF YOU BROKE ONE OF THE COMMANDMENTS.................YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THEM ALL...............

James 2:10-11 (NIV) - For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it............

WHO IS WITHOUT SIN............EACH DAY? WHAT DOES YOUR BRAIN DO .......
WHEN YOUR LIPS AND HANDS ARE STILL?
DO YOU THINK A WRONG THOUGHT?
WE ARE MADE OF CORRUPTION.......... WE ARE SO SUSCEPTIBLE AND CAPABLE OF SIN.

WHO THINKS HE IS WITHOUT SIN.................IS THE BLIND SINNER ............FOR THAT IS PRIDE.............AND PRIDE IS WHY SATAN WAS CAST OUT OF HEAVEN..........AMEN...

Repent each day.......................Amen

GOD BLESS
LOVE321

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PETE_

Count as lost, every moment not spent loving God
Jun 11, 2006
✟212,561.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
All of our sin has been paid for by the bllod of Christ. Being repentent and asking for forgiveness gets our hearts back in line with the will of the Father. We should be consantly focused on Him. This is a little book that helped me. It is free online or to download as a book.
The Practice Of The Presence Of God
[FONT=Verdana, sans serif]Conversations and Letters
of Brother Lawrence
http://www.practicegodspresence.com/...nce/index.html
[/FONT]

In this small book, through letters and conversations, Brother Lawrence simply and beautifully explains how to continually walk with God - not from the head but from the heart. Brother Lawrence left the gift of a way of life available to anyone who seeks to know God's peace and presence; that anyone, regardless of age or circumstance, can practice -anywhere, anytime. Brother Lawrence also left the gift of a direct approach to living in God's presence that is as practical today as it was three hundred years ago.

Upvote 0

Love321

Jul 30, 2006
✟7,786.00
Faith
Baptist
Friendlyneighbor101 said:
I think asking for forgivness at the end of the day would not hurt anything, or when you realize you have sinned asking for forgivness, wouldn't be a bad idea but it is not required of us.

IT is what you think is required of you....

Take care brothers and sisters

I SO AGREE WITH YOUR POST.............

WE ARE TO BE HUMBLE RIGHT?
IT BEGINS WITH HIM.

WHO MORE TO BE HUMBLE TO .................THAN GOD AT THE END OF EACH DAY...........

EVERY DAY WE LIVE AND BREATH IS A GIFT............ NOT A GRANTED.

AS WE KNOW WE ARE FAILABLE AND HE IS HOLY............WE HUMBLY ASK FOR HIS FORGIVENESS IN ALL THINGS.............

AT THE END OF EACH GIVEN DAY........AS WE DESIRE TO BE MORE LIKE HIM ..............AS WE DESIRE TO BE WITH HIM FOR ALL ETERNITY.

GOD BLESS
LOVE321:groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

GustheMule

Lfoxx said:
Lfoxx, your theology is so confused I am going to refrain from saying too much as it will certainly throw you into more confusion. I really think, though, you have no clue who God is or what he is like. Look into the blood drenched face of Christ and behold your God. If I were you I would read the Gospel of John and pray that you will ahve wisdom to understand it. when you read it try to forget all the theology and teachings you've ever heard and try to focus on who Jesus is and how he reveals God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.