Are we to love every single person in the world?

Are we to love every single person in the world?

• Yes

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Christians, are we to love every single person in the world, regardless of religion, faith, lifestyle etc?
In accord with our spiritual heritage ... yes ...

Matthew 5

43 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.

He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?

48 Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.”

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
As Christians, are we to love every single person in the world, regardless of religion, faith, lifestyle etc?
Yes. That does not mean that we accept their lifestyle, beliefs, attitudes and actions as being good and right. Love is prepared to say that a person is a sinner, even at our own personal cost. Love also offers salvation through Christ, even if we are rejected and insulted.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. I love everyone, but it doesn't mean I support their views or accept what they want me to. For example, I love Xi Jinping (Chinese President), despite the horrible things he does in his own country and now in Hong Kong.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No, we are to love our neighbors. I.e. people that are around us, close to us, people we have something to do with.

We are not required to love all 7 billion people in the world.

Also, biblical love is not a feeling or liking, its forgiving people and helping them.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, we are to love our neighbors. I.e. people that are around us, close to us, people we have something to do with.
So ... how do you reconcile Jesus' teaching here ... ???

Matthew 5

43 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.

He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?

• Agree
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So ... how do you reconcile Jesus' teaching here ...

Matthew 5

How can somebody from the other side of the world persecute you? It must be somebody you know.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can somebody from the other side of the world persecute you? It must be somebody you know.
They could send a terrorist ...

I help to minister to several children from around the world. I know none of them personally. This is in accord with my understanding of this Biblical mandate ...

Galatians 6

9 Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to the family of faith.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They could send a terrorist ...

I help to minister to several children from around the world. I know none of them personally. This is in accord with my understanding of this Biblical mandate ...

Galatians 6

9 Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to the family of faith.
Thanks to internet and internet banking you practically can help people over the world. But thats not the question. The question was "do we need to love all people in the world".

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we are to love whoever we come in contact with. Which isn't very hard to do. Just be kind, civil, decent. Don't seek out the harm or hurt of others or rejoice at their suffering. Wish the rest of the world well. Whoever you choose to help is up to you. It's not a mandate for everyone else to do the same.

• Useful
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It can be very difficult to love everyone. Some people are hard to love....or even like. But it does seem like a Christ-like quality to have.
I don't find it hard. Love and like are two very different things. Nowhere is there a command to like. (thank goodness)

• Winner
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nowhere is there a command to like. (thank goodness)

I don't think that liking someone is the same as loving, but we have to make friends with the people who hate us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The main thing is to return good for evil.
Yea exactly, just because I made a mistake doesn't mean they have to repay me with evil. Two wrongs don't make it right. Now that I'm a changed man, I pray for all those who don't believe :amen::pray:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We shine the Light of Christ by bringing the love of the Gospel. We are to be at peace with all people:

If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Romans 12:18)

• Agree
Upvote 0