• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Are we seeing the end of the (dis) United States?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Aussie Pete, Jan 9, 2021.

1. danielmears

danielmears Active Member Supporter

+153
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What folks want is real truth without censorship, something they cannot get from the news and big tech. "Dangerous delusions", "crazed supporters", give me a break, nonsense!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,560
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Politicians are not created for their intelligence but their willingness to play along.

Of course (as we have seen with the scrambling of career minded buffoons in the houses over the last few days). But the fault lies not with them but with the stupidity of the masses which allow this charade t continue. But too late now. Tech has ensured dissent will be a thing of the past and their system is secure. Not that it was every really threatened by herds of sheep.

3. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,846
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    When I look at elections, I see half vote for one party and half vote for the other.

Since the territorial boundaries of this split are scattered throughout the US, it would imply a civil war might happen - you know - eventually.

However, the decline of America has been happening for a while, it might take some time for the rot to take it's toll. Our generation may not see the conclusion.

4. timothyu

+4,560
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The war might been between the rational and the fringe factor of both sides, but that is doubtful with the rational in fear of losing their tech of 15 years and going back to the stone age of 2005 where people could still write, calculate in their heads and use a pay phone..

5. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,846
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Yeah, the decline will be slow and painful to watch.

6. timothyu

+4,560
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    We already sold out here and hardly anyone noticed. lol

7. QvQ

QvQ Active Member

+122
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The slow rot: NAFTA, offshoring loss of manufacturing base
    The Fast rot: Economic Collapse 2008

The slow rot: endless wars, balkanization, oligarchy, corruption
    The Fast Rot: Government collapse 2020

The slow rot: The National Debt, stimulus instead of producing economy
    The Fast rot: The Dollar collapses (Biden intends to print 15 trillion dollars. Japan has tricky means of monetizing that kind of debt but Japan currency is pegged to the dollar, I think)

Not certain when or if the slow rot will get to fast rot monetarily
    I would say right now conditions on the ground are not ripe for revolution
    However, depending on how and what happens over the next 2 to 4 years, conditions may deteriorate or other factors could arise (who predicted Covid 19?)
    JMHO

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  8. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,256
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Absolutely. I have long thought that the USA will become impotent in world affairs in order to allow the anti-Christ to rise up. I believe that the Middle East peace, certainly a great achievement by Mr Trump, is temporary and an expedient by Sunni nations to resist the power of Iran. While the body of Christ is the real power on the earth (which not enough Christians realise), I am still very interested in what goes on in the world. We edge closer and closer to the day when "Thy Kingdom come" is answered. I hope Christians are preparing for the day.

• List
  9. Aussie Pete

+5,256
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I watch with a great deal of interest. If I was much younger, I would be learning Chinese. I suspect Australians will be needing it in the future.

10. Aussie Pete

+5,256
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I hope so. I pray so.

11. Aussie Pete

+5,256
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Yes, somewhat overstated. However, I'm old enough to remember race riots and anti war demonstrations that seemed about to tear the USA apart. There is still at least some North/South divide, which is being suppressed. I would not be surprised if suppressing those who fly the Confederate flag backfires. You don't clamp a lid on a boiling pot. It only works if you remove the heat. That I do not see happening.

12. timothyu

+4,560
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Why do empires never assume they are part of the uprising of anti-Christ. They certainty do not follow the ways of the Kingdom so how can they be anything but anti-Christ.

13. jisaiah6113

jisaiah6113 Member

+94
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Thanks for this perspective. I'm 35 and not old enough to remember the Vietnam protests or prior race riots. I am concerned about the South rising again. I think to suppress them a second time is not good. Robert E. Lee's surrender was the first thing that many of them are still upset over, even 170 years later. The removal and subsequent censoring of Trump seems to be the straw that will break the camel's back. Ultimately I'm concerned that the Left's suppression will come back to bite them. When you're vindictive and proud, you tend to overplay your hand.

14. timothyu

+4,560
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Spoilers

15. QvQ

QvQ Active Member

+122
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Trump has nothing to do with the Confederate Flag, the South or Racism.
    That is the "silencing" narrative. Anything we say, anything we do politically the shout down is "racist, racist racist"
    We don't mention that flag, we don't speak out about anything. No matter what we say or do, "racist racist racist." We have been beaten down by the "basket of deplorable" words, "racist, bigot, xenophobe, homophobe." We don't talk anymore. It may be that lid will blow off but for myself, I just stay out of it. Live my life, ignore main stream media and enjoy the good things God has given me.

16. Aussie Pete

+5,256
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    A good approach. You could add "privileged white" to that list, if you are white. Get a real good sun tan, you should be safer.

17. QvQ

QvQ Active Member

+122
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Trump has 113 million followers on Twitter. He had the most votes of any President.
    We are so quiet or have been so marginalized that Pelosi and most democrats believe we are small band of kooks. It will be quite a surprise if and when the lid does blow off.

18. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+2,700
    Pentecostal
    Well I don't know if this is the end, but it's a good start. We know the United States and it's freedoms will end sometime. The Bible says it will. I think this is the big leap in that direction.

• List
  19. Tropical Wilds

Tropical Wilds Lord, beer me strength...

+1,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    It’s an amazing thing to see a group of people who have never known true oppression and their take on what makes them marginalized and oppressed.

The insurrectionist traitors that stormed the capital on Wednesday claim oppression because they lost an election. That isn’t oppression; it’s democracy. Trump had the most votes of any president, but not enough to beat the guy who actually won. Biden had the most of any candidate ever, Obama included. If you want to be really technical, most of America didn’t even want Trump in 2016 either as he handily lost the popular vote then.

I’d like to think this will die down with Biden in office, but he has a tough mountain to climb so I suspect it won’t... Trump has so totally radicalized the weakest and most easily manipulated parts of his base that it led to the disaster we saw last week. I think we will see these splinter insurgents popping up for awhile, likely the whole of Biden’s presidency (especially once Trump is impeached and begins to face the penalties he has avoided for the last 4 years).

I think we will get past it, though it will take time. In the meantime, I hope Pence, Pelosi, Biden, and Harris have the best security available to them. Pence came 10 feet from being killed Wednesday, Pelosi staffers less than that. There are too many radicalized potential domestic terrorists who feel the only solution is assassination.

20. QvQ

QvQ Active Member

+122
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    As another poster stated on this thread
    No, it will not go away because the issues that led to Trump have not been resolved.