Are we saved by grace, faith, works of faith, repentance, election, or combination of these?

Are we saved by grace, faith, works of faith, repentance, election, or combination of these?

• I am a Universalist. All will eventually be saved by God's grace.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All of Salvation is by Grace, had not God chosen some by Grace there would be no Salvation at all Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Salvation is only for a remnant of mankind, thats why its of Grace.

Here are grace scriptures related to Salvation:

Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Eph 2:5,8

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Faith/Believing is because of Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Rom 4:1616

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, grace is on who the Lord gives grace to, hence why all that did their own way ( the first covenant of not written in the heart) died, through only acts of faithlessness to God.

The new covenant, through a good conscience given, believing in the precious blood of Christ shed for us, is clearly witnessed, to be despised by all those who claim, salvation in Christ, yet they crucify Him in their words of faithlessness, exaltation , deceit, hard hearts, and selfishness/no fear of God in them, so they continue in their transgression belief which blasphemes the Holy name of God, uncleanness and blasphemy, through and in them ( the devil in them pretending showing himself that he is God).

Psalm 36:1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The One and True God saves 100% by His Sovereign, Discriminate, Grace, yet the difference lies not within man, but His Own prerogative Rom 9:15,18

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth

See He doeth according to His own Will Dan 4:35

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

However mans religion tells us that God saves according to mans will, obedience, or efforts ! Such denies Grace Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Salvation cant be by Sovereign Grace and mans obedience at the same time !

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
However mans religion tells us that God saves according to mans will, obedience, or efforts ! Such denies Grace Rom 11:5-6

Salvation cant be by Sovereign Grace and mans obedience at the same time !

Obedience is faith, so it can be, and it is ( also that is Gods will now in man)..

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And we by Him !

1 Cor 8:6

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

As believers in the True God and Christ, it is so by the doing of Jesus Christ. Believers, Saints are by Him, because of Him and His Grace.

Paul said it another way here 1 Cor 15:10

10 But by[dia] the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

He said we believe because of Grace, the same prep is used dia Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through[dia] grace:

Peter wrote we believe in God by Him, Christ 1 Pet 1:21

Who by[dia] him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Its by His Grace, which is Sovereign !

John Gill writes on 1 Cor 8:6

And we in him: or "for him": as creatures we are not only made by him, but live in him, and are supported in him, and by him, and are created for his glory: though this seems rather to respect what believers are, as new creatures; they are in God; they are interested in him as their covenant God, and in his everlasting and immutable love; they are engraven on his hands, and set as a seal on his heart; they are "into him", as it may be rendered; they are brought into nearness to him, and communion with him; and are "for him", are chosen, redeemed, regenerated, and called for the glorifying of his grace, and to show forth his praise.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Brightfame: " Again you are promoting conditional salvation by works, by the doings of man."

What is Brightfame showing then, here in 1 Corinthians 15:10, that when grace was given to Paul, he laboured more than all, by the grace of God which was upon him..

"Paul said it another way here 1 Cor 15:10

10 But by[dia] the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."

That is good what Brightfame showed, here are more, similar verses, of the Kingdom of Heaven and the man went to find labourers to his vineyard.

We then, are labourers together with God( in His vineyard) and we labour to be accepted of Him, knowing all appear before the judgmnt seat of Christ, to receive what we did ( labourng or non labouring) whether good or bad..

Matthew 20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Remember your own quotes Brightfame, and don't be ashamed of them, how the grace bestowed upon Paul was NOT IN VAIN..

1 Cor 15:10

10 But by[dia] the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."

Then, ( knowing Paul laboured more than all through that grace that was bestowed upon him) we then as workers together with Him, ( labourers together with God) beseech you ( Brightfame and anyone such as your doctrine in this whole world) that you receive not the grace of God in vain.

Labour then as witnessed in Paul ( not as in John Gill or anyone else, contradicting the Lords Holy Apostles ways) by giving no offence in any thing, but in all things approving themselves as the ministers of God in afflictions, necessities and distresses ( don't forget already, labouring to be accepted of Him)...

2 Corinthians 6:We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brightfame: " Again you are promoting conditional salvation by works, by the doings of man."

What is Brightfame showing then, here in 1 Corinthians 15:10, that when grace was given to Paul, he laboured more than all, by the grace of God which was upon him..

"Paul said it another way here 1 Cor 15:10

That is good what Brightfame showed, here are more, similar verses, of the Kingdom of Heaven and the man went to find labourers to his vineyard.

We then, are labourers together with God( in His vineyard) and we labour to be accepted of Him, knowing all appear before the judgmnt seat of Christ, to receive what we did ( labourng or non labouring) whether good or bad..

Matthew 20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
More conditional salvation by works, not good, for that opposes salvation by Grace !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faith Unites

Mar 25, 2014
✟25,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are saved through God's grace alone, but we are sanctified (made holy to enter heaven) through continual daily living like Christ, which may require repentance.
Faith alone but faith without works is dead. So faith in Christ and then doing what he says. Saved and being saved simultaneously.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Becoming a believer is all of Grace, a Creation of God. Its 100% of Grace, since becoming a believer is the outcome of Gods creative workmanship Eph 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The word for gar is a reason word, an explanation word. It looks back to its preceding Vs 9 and Vs 8. Becoming a believer is the from the creative domain and power of God.

God says of believers/Christians Isa 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name[Christian]: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

A believer is the workmanship of Gods Grace in Christ !

God by His Grace through Christ makes out of nothing, a believer in Christ, we are His handiwork.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it necessary to turn from sin as a Christian?
Sure, and thats what a Saviour does, He turns His people from sin. Its a Salvation blessing Acts 3:26

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Upvote 0

Sam Saved by Grace

All of salvation is God's doing
Aug 10, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
✟7,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
The problem I have is with the "easy believism" people, who liken saving faith to mental assent (i.e. agreeing with fact), and erroneously claim that nothing you do afterwards can demonstrate the genuineness of your conversion. A sexual deviant, degenerate hedonist can look up from the filthy mire, tip his hat toward Jesus, and then dive even deeper into unspeakable wickedness, even to the point of rejecting Christ and persecuting Christians, yet he is still going to heaven.

That is a doctrine of demons.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
That is why we have different versions, and different "ideas" of who is saved, and by what.

There is the easy way, which is described as the cold way, in Revelations.

Then you have the lukewarm way, as again in Revelations, and on this way it is by doing some, growing repenting and striving to do better, and the idea of perfection here is imperfection, but at least to them, it is not in the cold persons path/doctrine.

Then there is the hot, this one has repented, to no longer follow the lukewarm paths at all, which neither the ones on the cold, nor especially the lukewarm believers can stand, as it topples their squabbles between their less than perfect "ideas" on what we are saved by.

Revelation 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟13,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not had a chance yet to read through all of this thread, so I will start with the OP and go from there.

We are saved by the generous grace (undeserved gift) of God through our faith. Faith must be active and evidence producing for it to be alive (and therefore effective). This equates to there being conditions placed by God on our reception of the gift He set out for us.

In other words, just sitting in the pew during a worship service and “praying God into your heart” is totally ineffectual.

Why? Because the conditions God set are not met in that “prayer”.

What conditions does Scripture set out?

Rom 10:9-10 says that our belief leads to righteousness, and our confession of Jesus’ name leads to salvation.

Acts 3:19 says that repentance leads to the forgiveness of sin (ie. salvation).

Acts 2:38 says that repentance and baptism are in order to be forgiven of sin, and an additional result is the Holy Spirit will come to live inside us.

There are other passages that list these same acts, but since every passage of Scripture must be taken into account in the formation of any doctrine, these clear commands cannot be swept under the rug as some like to do.

So then, to sum up these passages, in order to receive the gift of salvation from God, one must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, repent of sin (leave off a life of sin and begin living life God’s way), confess the Name of Jesus verbally and before witnesses, and be baptized (immersed) in water. If any of this is left out, then salvation is not received, and the person remains lost in their sin, condemned before God.

Upvote 0

Sam Saved by Grace

All of salvation is God's doing
Aug 10, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
✟7,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
As the Spirit of God moves upon our damned corpse, our heart and mind turn from sin unto God. Putting all our trust in Jesus Christ alone for the remission of sins and salvation, we are then baptized into Christ Jesus by the Spirit of God, and being regenerated by the Holy Spirit, are empowered to live a life that conforms itself progressively to the image of Christ, as revealed in His Word.

Those who believe to the saving of the soul are the elect, having been predestined by God, in accordance with His sovereign will; and having been drawn irresistibly by the Spirit of God, are eternally secure in Him, and can never fall into a state of indefinite sin nor apostatize.

Those who fall into a continual state of unrepentant sin have never known Him. Those who apostatize (make a profession of unbelief) after being enlightened by the Spirit are eternally lost.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Beginning with the Father, God through faith did His works, through the Son to make all things ( life)

The Son ( who made all, by whom are all things, all things by Jesus Christ) came to earth, did His great works of faith, to stop some dying in their sins. The deceivers oppose that message ( the devil made nothing but destroys all men) and the ones of God, hear God, but all other hear the destroyer, destroying their own souls through not having, or knowing, what the love of God is, in a man.

Hebrews 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Upvote 0