Are we proclaiming or not hearing?

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mat 10:27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops.

There is one thing that bothers me when I go to church, and at this forum also. For me the problems is that I hear from the Lord everyday, and so I like telling people about it. Yet who else is doing that?

I understand that is partially due to the fact that it is over and over written that with their ears they don't hear, but is it really that bad that practically nobody is hearing from the Lord. Surely it must be that can't be completely true. Yet if they are hearing from the Lord how come they don't seem to be boldly proclaiming to others what they heard? It just doesn't make sense to me especially since the One they heard from said to proclaim what we hear whispered in your ear.

I mean - 'whispered in you ear' must mean those words we hear via what we like to call that small voice of His. Most Christians seems to understand what I mean when I talk about the small voice. So they must have heard from Him at some point, right? So they must have heard from Him and don't want to tell others what they heard even to the point of knowingly not following the instructions to proclaim it on the housetops.

Of course that would be why Jesus commanded us to proclaim what we hear whispered in our ears on the housetops. He must have known how we don't want to tell others what He was telling us. Maybe we are embarrassed of Him and His words in a world that wants to say that anyone who hears voices in their head is crazy.

Ok - I understand that I am a peculiar person. I have spiritual ears to hear. And frankly I too find it a bit crazy at times. I didn't hear with my spiritual ears for the first 40 years of my life, but for the last 20 years Him and I have been walking and talking together. Of course because I have spiritual ears to hear and the Spirit of God is not the only spirit out there I have to use discernment and test the spirits. But you have to use discernment in the physical realm too otherwise you wind up you could wind up with some pretty bad friends. We can understand that, right. And besides, the King of kings has a kingdom and there is more with you than against you. There is that army of God, the angels, that He has watching over us and who He also sends to minister to us. Talking with them is quite interesting too. Remember, He came preaching a Kingdom?

Anyway - I will leave you with a parable I got from the Lord.

With this parable or saying, the Lord woke me up on New Years Day 2004.

“If you push water up, it flows back to you”.

“If you push water higher, it comes back as fresh water.”

“If you let it go, it will flow away to a salty sea.”

“If you spread it over a field things will grow.”

“So it is with the Word of God.”

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I see the value of this verse...

1 Timothy 3:6 (KJV) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

Do you? How much have the Bible have your read, because you read things that people heard from the Lord - it was all written in pride - unless they were actually shouting on the housetop what was whispered in their ear, like commanded. Perhaps you didn't read that command, or perhaps with your ears you don't hear? Perhaps you haven't read:

John 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

He once talked to me about Eze 12:2 Son of man, you live in the midst of the rebellious house, who have eyes to see but do not see, ears to hear but do not hear; for they are a rebellious house.

There is a command to shout on the house tops what you hear whispered in your ear, but a rebellious person has ear but they do not hear, so they do not proclaim what they hear. They can't. They have to lean on their own understanding

People - do you want to know what pride is - It is thinking you are smarter that God! A person that full of pride will not seek Him, so they can not tell others to seek Him. They spend their life leaning on their own understand because their pride won't let them seek the Lord and listen to Him.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a couple of reasons people don't tell others what the Lord tells them, in general. One of the reasons is that they don't believe in Him. A person like that might pretend obedience to Him, but it is only pretend. There is another reason, and that really has to do with being embarrassed of Him. This thread is really to them, but of course the others ( those pretending) might be more like to reply. They are not embarrassed of themselves thought they should be.

Of course not everything the Lord tells you is for everyone, but if you hear Him much at all you have heard things like little bits of wisdom, which can help people. So He might tell me something very personal either to me of to someone else, and that doesn't need to be made public. Yet the wisdom, understand, and bits of knowledge should be shared. It helps people grow.

Here is a little saying He once gave me:

TWO MEN WERE WALKING DOWN THE ROAD, ONE TRIPED OVER SOMETHING HE DIDN’T SEE, THE OTHER DIDN’T BECAUSE HE WAS PAYING ATTENTION.

My friends, pay attention to the Holy Spirit and the words He has to say to you otherwise you are gong to trip over Him who you don't see.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you? How much have the Bible have your read, because you read things that people heard from the Lord - it was all written in pride - unless they were actually shouting on the housetop what was whispered in their ear, like commanded. Perhaps you didn't read that command, or perhaps with your ears you don't hear? Perhaps you haven't read:
What in the world are you talking about? I've read all the Bible a number of times in my 46 years as a Christian.
Then you say, "because you read things that people heard from the Lord - it was all written in pride - unless they were actually shouting on the housetop what was whispered in their ear, like commanded."
That makes absolutely no sense nor did the rest of what you wrote.
Can you make your point in one sentence? Then maybe we can go on from there?

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What in the world are you talking about? I've read all the Bible a number of times in my 46 years as a Christian.
Then you say, "because you read things that people heard from the Lord - it was all written in pride - unless they were actually shouting on the housetop what was whispered in their ear, like commanded."
That makes absolutely no sense nor did the rest of what you wrote.
Can you make your point in one sentence? Then maybe we can go on from there?

The Bible tells you Jesus Christ is real, that He is the Word of God, that you can hear from Him and need to, that He is supposed to be your Lord which would require hearing from Him.

But you wrote "Now I see " - You should be writing "Now I hear" meaning you do actually believe He is there with you so you are listening to Him instead of leaning on your own understanding. Jesus put it this way to the Jews - Jn 5:46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

The Scriptures are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus, but you have to believe what is written. It is written, "what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops"

Obedience is not pride, so what do you hear whispered in your ear. While the topic of this thread was that you have not still proclaimed what you have heard whispered in you ear! Do you believe the writings of Moses and others who told you about Jesus Christ or not? If so you would have been seeking His voice, been hearing from Him, and wanting to get others to listen to Him also, because He is just that awesome. Instead you write "Now I see" instead of "Now I hear from Him."

Now I hear from Him, We talk. Concerning this conversation He said to write "1 x 0 = 0 and that is what you get without Him in your life".

My friends - If you know Him and love Him you will seek Him and listen to Him. If you listen to Him you will want that others would come to know Him, and that is what your writings will be about.

You will proclaim to others the things you heard whispered in your ear!!

If you have a big problem with pride you won't seek Him, but will lean on your own understanding. So even if you read the writings of Moses you will not believe them, so as to be seeking Him. You won't believe the Word of God is near you, because your pride will keep you from seeking Him. So your message will be about what you think and not about what He says. So read the Bible and believe what it says.

There was a reason you were told to proclaim on the house tops what you hear whispered in your ear. The reason was to get you to listen to Jesus Christ who explained that He stands at the door and knocks and if anyone hears His voice and opens the door He will come into them and eat with them and them with Him. If that happens you will want it to continue. You will want to tell others about Him and what He tells you. But pride will stop you from listening to Him!

He once told me, "They don't read the Bible with Understanding but with their understanding, understand?"

Prov 2:11 Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you

God tends to speak to us in parables and saying (Ps 78) "Understanding" is a name for our Lord Jesus Christ. If you don't read the Bible with Understanding but read it with Pride, then you are going to have problems believing the the Lord Jesus Christ is there with His still small voice to talk to you. So your message will be about Pride instead of Understanding.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible tells you Jesus Christ is real, that He is the Word of God, that you can hear from Him and need to, that He is supposed to be your Lord which would require hearing from Him.

But you wrote "Now I see " - You should be writing "Now I hear" meaning you do actually believe He is there with you so you are listening to Him instead of leaning on your own understanding. Jesus put it this way to the Jews - Jn 5:46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

The Scriptures are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus, but you have to believe what is written. It is written, "what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops"

Obedience is not pride, so what do you hear whispered in your ear. While the topic of this thread was that you have not still proclaimed what you have heard whispered in you ear! Do you believe the writings of Moses and others who told you about Jesus Christ or not? If so you would have been seeking His voice, been hearing from Him, and wanting to get others to listen to Him also, because He is just that awesome. Instead you write "Now I see" instead of "Now I hear from Him."

Now I hear from Him, We talk. Concerning this conversation He said to write "1 x 0 = 0 and that is what you get without Him in your life".

My friends - If you know Him and love Him you will seek Him and listen to Him. If you listen to Him you will want that others would come to know Him, and that is what your writings will be about.

You will proclaim to others the things you heard whispered in your ear!!

If you have a big problem with pride you won't seek Him, but will lean on your own understanding. So even if you read the writings of Moses you will not believe them, so as to be seeking Him. You won't believe the Word of God is near you, because your pride will keep you from seeking Him. So your message will be about what you think and not about what He says. So read the Bible and believe what it says.

There was a reason you were told to proclaim on the house tops what you hear whispered in your ear. The reason was to get you to listen to Jesus Christ who explained that He stands at the door and knocks and if anyone hears His voice and opens the door He will come into them and eat with them and them with Him. If that happens you will want it to continue. You will want to tell others about Him and what He tells you. But pride will stop you from listening to Him!

He once told me, "They don't read the Bible with Understanding but with their understanding, understand?"

Prov 2:11 Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you

God tends to speak to us in parables and saying (Ps 78) "Understanding" is a name for our Lord Jesus Christ. If you don't read the Bible with Understanding but read it with Pride, then you are going to have problems believing the the Lord Jesus Christ is there with His still small voice to talk to you. So your message will be about Pride instead of Understanding.
I repeat..."Can you make your point in one sentence? Then maybe we can go on from there?" Otherwise, I will have to put you on 'ignore'.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.
Thank you?

In the desert at the foot of the mountain God's people said "Let not God speak to us", and felt they were happy because He agree to speak to prophets and would leave them alone. They were thankful.

Isaih wrote:

Is 42:18,19 Hear, you deaf! And look, you blind, that you may see. Who is blind but My servant, Or so deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is so blind as he that is a peace with Me, Or so blind as the servant of the Lord?

So it is that His people to this day say thanks because they can serve Him and be His people without hearing from Him.

If indeed a person hears from the Lord and listens to Him, can they not be zealous for Him so that others might seek Him and listen. Then can they not help but to tell others what He says?

Don't we mean thanks, but no thanks?

For we agree that we should listen to the Lord but don't have a testimony for others; thus fail to realize that it is clear to those who do listen to the Lord that you don't. If you did you would have a desire to preach His word! You would have a desire that they should hear from Him for themselves. It was for this reason that Isaiah wrote what He heard.

Is 42:20 You have seen many things, but you do not observe them; Your ears are open, but none hears.

Isaiah observed that in the people of Israel and heard the Lord talk to Him about it, so he wrote down a testimony of what He heard, hoping that perhaps some might turn back to the Lord instead of just blowing Him off. Isaiah asked the question:

Is 42:23 Who among you will give ear to this? Who will head and listen hereafter?

Is it not the same today? A change is created over and over for people to testify to the wonderful things the Lord says, yet who gives a testimony explaining a wonderful thing the Lord told them?

They say, let not God speak to us in there heart. They say thanks, but don't give any indication that they actually hear from Him. I have even seen them write that God speak to them everyday, but could not write a single thing they heard from Him that was noteworthy.

So I give you this testimony from today. I sat in my usual chair and sat down with the Lord in my usual way. I prayed the Lord's prayer with my usual additions, and I listened for His voice in my usual way. And like usual He talked to me. He wanted me to open my Bible which is not unusual. He took me to Isaiah 42 and pointed out that His people are still like this today. Then He asked me to post saying that He wanted me to do that and then take a walk with Him, with is not unusual either.

So the question is still out there, and a testimony against His people, even Christians who He has grafted into the Jewish root.

"Who among you will give ear to this? Who will head and listen hereafter?"

Know that it can easily been seen for Jesus explained, John 3:11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

It doesn't take much observation to see the Lord is right to call this people today a stubborn people, just like they have always been. They say thanks for telling me to listen to the Lord but keep it very short, and they say no thanks to listening to Him so they don't have a testimony "Today" though they have read "Today" if you hear His voice.

I have a walk to talk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you?

In the desert at the foot of the mountain God's people said "Let not God speak to us", and felt they were happy because He agree to speak to prophets and would leave them alone. They were thankful.

Isaih wrote:

Is 42:18,19 Hear, you deaf! And look, you blind, that you may see. Who is blind but My servant, Or so deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is so blind as he that is a peace with Me, Or so blind as the servant of the Lord?

So it is that His people to this day say thanks because they can serve Him and be His people without hearing from Him.

If indeed a person hears from the Lord and listens to Him, can they not be zealous for Him so that others might seek Him and listen. Then can they not help but to tell others what He says?

Don't we mean thanks, but no thanks?

For we agree that we should listen to the Lord but don't have a testimony for others; thus fail to realize that it is clear to those who do listen to the Lord that you don't. If you did you would have a desire to preach His word! You would have a desire that they should hear from Him for themselves. It was for this reason that Isaiah wrote what He heard.

Is 42:20 You have seen many things, but you do not observe them; Your ears are open, but none hears.

Isaiah observed that in the people of Israel and heard the Lord talk to Him about it, so he wrote down a testimony of what He heard, hoping that perhaps some might turn back to the Lord instead of just blowing Him off. Isaiah asked the question:

Is 42:23 Who among you will give ear to this? Who will head and listen hereafter?

Is it not the same today? A change is created over and over for people to testify to the wonderful things the Lord says, yet who gives a testimony explaining a wonderful thing the Lord told them?

They say, let not God speak to us in there heart. They say thanks, but don't give any indication that they actually hear from Him. I have even seen them write that God speak to them everyday, but could not write a single thing they heard from Him that was noteworthy.

So I give you this testimony from today. I sat in my usual chair and sat down with the Lord in my usual way. I prayed the Lord's prayer with my usual additions, and I listened for His voice in my usual way. And like usual He talked to me. He wanted me to open my Bible which is not unusual. He took me to Isaiah 42 and pointed out that His people are still like this today. Then He asked me to post saying that He wanted me to do that and then take a walk with Him, with is not unusual either.

So the question is still out there, and a testimony against His people, even Christians who He has grafted into the Jewish root.

"Who among you will give ear to this? Who will head and listen hereafter?"

Know that it can easily been seen for Jesus explained, John 3:11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

It doesn't take much observation to see the Lord is right to call this people today a stubborn people, just like they have always been. They say thanks for telling me to listen to the Lord but keep it very short, and they say no thanks to listening to Him so they don't have a testimony "Today" though they have read "Today" if you hear His voice.

I have a walk to talk.
Your point? I said thanks to you, not the Lord and I get multiple paragraphs of who knows what.

Upvote 0