Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Giants.........How tall is a giant? In Biblical times a 6'2" man would have been classed as a giant!! :oldthumbsup:
But Goliath and other giants mentioned aren't described as merely being 6'2".

And there came out from the camp of the Philistines a champion named Goliath of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. [1Sam. 17:4 ]

Converted into more modern measurements, this is 3.2 metres (9 feet, 6 inches), if measured by the 18 inch cubit, or 3.5 metres (just over 11 feet), if the 21 inch cubit is used.
How tall was Goliath?

In fact, King Saul is described as merely very tall and taller than those around him and yet is never referred to as a giant.

1 Sam 9:
And he had a son, whose name was Saul, ba choice young man, and a goodly: and there was not among the children of Israel a goodlier person than he: cfrom his shoulders and upward he was higher than any of the people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
But Goliath and other giants mentioned aren't described as merely being 6'2".
In fact, King Saul is described as merely very tall and taller than those around him and yet is never referred to as a giant.

How big is tall? Was 'tall' in biblical times a mere 5'6"? Who knows?

No real evidence survives for 'gigantic' people.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How big is tall? Was 'tall' in biblical times a mere 5'6"? Who knows?

No real evidence survives for 'gigantic' people.

Saul isn't the one who is being doubted as being a giant here. But if he was indeed towering over everyone else to the clearly specified extent that Goliath had been, then he would have been referred to as a giant. But he wasn't-was he?

As for evidence, for those who consider the Bible the Word of God and therefore trustworthy, the measurements provided are sufficient to prove that these individuals were giants even by modern standards.

How tall was Goliath?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Saul isn't the one who is being doubted as being a giant here. But if he was indeed towering over everyone else to the clearly specified extent that Goliath had been, then he would have been referred to as a giant. But he wasn't-was he?

As for evidence, for those who consider the Bible the Word of God and therefore trustworthy, the measurements provided are sufficient to prove that these individuals were giants even by modern standards.

How tall was Goliath?

Speculative. 'Giants' in history were always people taller than the mass population. Consider that the average height in ancient history was quite small by todays standards.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All angels were good until they were not. Sons of God is a title in both Hebrew and Ugaritic beliefs. It refers to a specific group of 70 in Ugaritic and in Hebrew (Deuteronomy 32:8 read in ESV and recall the 70nations) Job 38 makes the title "sons of God" unambiguous.

“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone,
7 when the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

The word for giants is an Aramaic word and means Giants. We even have that same reference in Numbers 13 where they meet the Nephilim (giants) again and describe them as being giants. Vernon isn't really diving deep here, he is just kind of thinking out loud in supposition.
He didn't say those that the scripture says were Giants Wern't giants. However that his interpretation is the offspring were said to be mankind .

You would have to prove "Sons of God" is mentioned as bad angels through scripture.
And for me, must use KJV or and older version. That scripture you gave doesn't prove that. Genealogy is key... This verse makes that point: "those that are led by the spirit are sons of God."
Why arn't people saved[delivered] from their present circumstances today? Because they refuse to repent so God can deliver them.

The genealogy of Seth leads to Noah who walked with God? And SO who are those saved from their present circumstances today? Also those who walk in the spirit.

And as we see we are also saved in like manner as they were, through the Baptism of Jesus. Those who heeded to the Spirit of God through Noah came to the ark. [Jesus]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He didn't say those that the scripture says were Giants Wern't giants. However that his interpretation is the offspring were said to be mankind .

You would have to prove "Sons of God" is mentioned as bad angels through scripture.
And for me, must use KJV or and older version. That scripture you gave doesn't prove that. Genealogy is key... This verse makes that point: "those that are led by the spirit are sons of God."
Why arn't people saved[delivered] from their present circumstances today? Because they refuse to repent so God can deliver them.

The genealogy of Seth leads to Noah who walked with God? And SO who are those saved from their present circumstances today? Also those who walk in the spirit.

And as we see we are also saved in like manner as they were, through the Baptism of Jesus. Those who heeded to the Spirit of God through Noah came to the ark. [Jesus]

The line of Cain was wiped out in the flood, and yet there are giants after the flood, as we see in numbers. So it couldn't be the line of cain that is the cause. One could say it was their wickedness but that doesn't produce giants, there are wicked people today that have normal children.

The King James version uses the anti messianic Masoretic text written in 700 AD for it's translation of Deuteronomy 32:8. The ESV uses the LLX which predates the Masoretic by a thousand years. God does not want us to shelter behind a singular translation. Paul wants us to be Bereans, not King James' Christians. Biblical and historical study should inform our understanding of a text, not a singular translation. You say I must use the KJV, well the KJV is going to be derived from either the LLX (which I and the ESV am using), the Peshitta, or the Masoretic text so which source material must I adhere too and why?

The next grouping of verses should prove exegetically that the sons of God were bad angels. It can't prove against not wanting to be convinced, but it is exegetically accurate and in some cases is an explicit reference to Genesis 6.

Psalm 82 is the condemnation of the those angels.
"God[Elohim] standeth in the congregation of the mighty [actual Hebrew word in the source text is El which means god]; he judgeth among the gods [Elohim]." [Proof of my comments] Psalm 82 continues on to condemn those gods.

Or in Jude
"6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Jude goes on to literally quote the Book of Enoch and refer to that quote as prophecy.

Or in 2 Peter 4 using the same formulation as Jude.
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;"

I'll link Job 38 again in the KJV.
"4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? "

Job 38:7 even in the KJV it unambiguously links the term "Sons of God" to angels. It is not exegetically possible to place the patriarchs in existence at the formation of the world. The angels however were in existence at that time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Living in this day and age, some things seem to be hard to fathom when it comes to the events of ancient times. Combine that with the fact that we tend to think things have always been as they are today.

Your question as to whether we are mixed with Giants or Angels.... I would say no we are not mixed with either.

It matters not whether you believe in the fallen angles leaving their first estate to physically mate with human women. It matters not if you believe in giants or their ancestry.

The question was "are we"?

My answer is no. We are not mixed with angels or with giants.
If we were, we would not be fully human. If we were not fully human we would not be granted salvation.
If Christ was not fully human/God, and had blood mixed with angels or giants, He would not have been able to die for our sins.

• Agree
Reactions: 2tim_215
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Following my post to answer your question I would like to continue with some questions.
What did God mean when He said that "all flesh was corrupted"?
What did God mean when He said that "Noah was pure in his generations"?
Why did God have the Israelite's wipe out entire races in their domination of the promised land?
Who were these men that looked on the Hebrew spies as if the were grasshoppers? Numbers 13:33
How do you explain: Numbers 13:23
Who is Jude speaking of in Jude 1:6?
What is meant by "kept not their first estate"?
What did these angels do that would have them enchained for all of our time while other angels roam free as they do Satan's bidding and await their judgement and punishment at the end of time.

The more you study these biblical truths, events and facts, the more you will come to understand that our world is far different than the what it has been in the past. Events that took place would be seen as normal to our far distant ancestors just as a cell phone, airplane and submarine are to us.

This topic of Angels, giants, mingled DNA and supposed alien abductions, is a key to the scripture in Mathew 24:37, which are the true words from our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Could we be mixed with giants and angels? And when the scales fall will we see our true selves ?

I am a lifelong Pittsburgh Pirates fan, so I could not be mixed with either the San Francisco Giants or the Los Angeles Angels.

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Giant footprint = fake, comic book stuff buddy
What is really fake comic book stuff is saying that one believes in the Bible and then vehemently going about attacking its credibility and totally ignoring whatever scriptural data is presented as if it were drivel. Now that really is Barnum and Baily material par excellence Pal!

Matthew 12:36
... But I tell you that for every careless word that men shall speak they
will be held accountable on the day of Judgement. ...

BTW
I knew you were going to react in that way to the footprint data. I just wanted to give you the opportunity to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The line of Cain was wiped out in the flood, and yet there are giants after the flood, as we see in numbers. So it couldn't be the line of cain that is the cause. One could say it was their wickedness but that doesn't produce giants, there are wicked people today that have normal children.

The King James version uses the anti messianic Masoretic text written in 700 AD for it's translation of Deuteronomy 32:8. The ESV uses the LLX which predates the Masoretic by a thousand years. God does not want us to shelter behind a singular translation to maintain our theology. Paul wants us to be Bereans, not King James' Christians. Biblical and historical study should inform our understanding of a text, not a singular translation. You say I must use the KJV, well the KJV is going to be derived from either the LLX (which I and the ESV am using), the Peshitta, or the Masoretic text so which source material must I absolutely adhere too and why?

The next grouping of verses should prove exegetically that the sons of God were bad angels. It can't prove against not wanting to be convinced, but it is exegetically accurate and in some cases is an explicit reference to Genesis 6.

Psalm 82 is the condemnation of the those angels.
"God[Elohim] standeth in the congregation of the mighty [actual Hebrew word in the source text is El which means god]; he judgeth among the gods [Elohim]." [Proof of my comments] Psalm 82 continues on to condemn those gods.

Or in Jude
"6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Jude goes on to literally quote the Book of Enoch and refer to that quote as prophecy.

Or in 2 Peter 4 using the same formulation as Jude.
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;"

I'll link Job 38 again in the KJV.
"4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? "

Job 38:7 even in the KJV it unambiguously links the term "Sons of God" to angels. It is not exegetically possible to place the patriarchs in existence at the formation of the world. The angels however were in existence at that time.

The thing people forget is that it was the "line of Noah" that was "perfect in his generations".

This leaves the three wives that Noah chose for his sons still "not perfect" in their generations.

I have had it explained to me, by someone who knows this sort of thing, that it was perfectly possible for Noah's sons to have children with their wives and have them perfectly human and not tainted by the imperfect bloodline of their wives.

It was the grandson that Noah cursed that went on to read a very ancient rock tablet and produce the giants of the post flood era. This would include Nimrod and Goliath.

These were NOT people affected by a pituitary disorder. People who suffer from that problem are weak and end up dying early. Nimrod and Goliath, and Goliath's brothers, to name a few, were powerful men of very good health. Not near the condition of people like Andre the Giant.

These "giants" are fact. They are biblical and they did exist before and after the flood.

Even if you argue as to where they came from and how they were fathered, or mothered...... it is of no consequence...... They existed and there is substantial evidence.

All you have to do is understand...........the world has not always been as it is today.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me the next generation is taller than the last. I am taller than my father and married a tall man. Our kids might get taller than me. I was a tall teenage girl but now I see some taller. In Holland I saw some of the tallest people I have ever seen in Europe. I have always felt like a tall person but in one particular area there I felt shorter than most. I am 169 cm. Middleaged. It seems like the taller craftier fatter people live in the uppest north Northern middle North Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia and the shorter slimmer people The more southern You get until France and Germany. British people are a bit smaller than uppest Scandinavian people but bigger than French. If we look at the basic population, all without exception. I have been amazed at how many worldclass championships have been won by people in my hometown, and one in a village where we live. I think genes does it plus, right food and superhard training.

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read in a bloodtype book that all jews by birth and origin basically has bloodtype B, in rare occasion type O. Jews can be big, tall and strong even without training and they can build muscles very fast. I have met two women one by origin one by religion and origin. Both were tall, had a tendency to get fat if they did not keep strict diet and work out. They are not all like the common small slim arabs. Not saying all arabs are small. But the majority of foreigners I have seen that accompany women that wear hijab are shorter than me. I am not intending to be a rasist I have simply noticed the way people look and listened to what they say about how their body works. I think arab people are beautiful too as well as the jewish. Sometimes it might feel unfair to have a certain bodytype, like the "fat one" but it can be turned into the very practical muscular one. Where did this giant gene go? Did it stay within the arab line? The Syrians are bigger arabs and more liberal than Saudi Arabians.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me the next generation is taller than the last. I am taller than my father and married a tall man. Our kids might get taller than me. I was a tall teenage girl but now I see some taller. In Holland I saw some of the tallest people I have ever seen in Europe. I have always felt like a tall person but in one particular area there I felt shorter than most. I am 169 cm. Middleaged. It seems like the taller craftier fatter people live in the uppest north Northern middle North Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia and the shorter slimmer people The more southern You get until France and Germany. British people are a bit smaller than uppest Scandinavian people but bigger than French. If we look at the basic population, all without exception. I have been amazed at how many worldclass championships have been won by people in my hometown, and one in a village where we live. I think genes does it plus, right food and superhard training.
No doubt the gene pool in your home town seems to be pool of good genes for certain championships.

However, the "giants" that the Bible talks about were, from the largest, proposed to be 100's of feet tall, to mid range, 35 feet tall and then to smaller ones in the 18 foot range.

There is proof and evidence of these all over the globe. Paiute natives have legends of giant red haired people that could run among the buffalo, pick them up and carry them. There were skeletons found in a cave that had skulls with red hair on them. The skeletons were 18 feet long, had six finger, six toes and double rows of teeth.

In South America they are finding skull that are much larger than humans, are egg shaped, have huge cranial cavities ( which cannot be increased by head boarding), double rows of teeth. One tell tail sign of a skull being human is the suture structure of the plates of the skull that do not fully form until early childhood.
The skull plates on these large skulls have suture lines that are totally different than every human skull.

It matters not if you accept this evidence. The Smithsonian has done the best to destroy, hide or discredit as much of it as they can. It only matters that the Bible says it's true and man has unearthed proof of it, all over the world.

However, keeping with the topic of the OP. We are not of these races of Giant people. They are not fully human.

Some educated intelligent people, who are studying these past events, and cross referencing that data with the scripture that says "as in the days of Noah", have come up with a very interesting and convincing theory.
That theory is this.....

The mark of the beast will be the mingling of your human DNA with a cloned DNA of these past giants, which were of the Nephilim line.

This mark will be in the form of a vaccine, distributed mandatoraly in order to prevent a "disease" from becoming a pandemic. Thus, you will not be able to work, buy, sell or be in the public, for fear of supposed infection. Not only that, but this DNA upgrade will cause a form of immortality which would be desirable. This would justify people asking for the mountains to fall on them but death will not come.

The final result would be that you would become like the Nephilim. Not human and unable to have salvation. It is widely understood and accepted that demons are the body less souls of the Nephilim that were angel human hybrids. Not being angels, which are beings without the need for souls, designed for heavenly worlds, and not being human that have souls designed for life on earth and later in heaven. These demons are the result of the death of a non human hybrid and do not show up in biblical accounts until after the flood where they would have all died.

Hey, it's just a theory. But the more I look at it.........the more it lines up with the events in the bible.

If you want more information, I can give you some really good sources and you can climb down this rabbit hole too. Be prepared, it is fascinating.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I read in a bloodtype book that all jews by birth and origin basically has bloodtype B, in rare occasion type O. Jews can be big, tall and strong even without training and they can build muscles very fast. I have met two women one by origin one by religion and origin. Both were tall, had a tendency to get fat if they did not keep strict diet and work out. They are not all like the common small slim arabs. Not saying all arabs are small. But the majority of foreigners I have seen that accompany women that wear hijab are shorter than me. I am not intending to be a rasist I have simply noticed the way people look and listened to what they say about how their body works. I think arab people are beautiful too as well as the jewish. Sometimes it might feel unfair to have a certain bodytype, like the "fat one" but it can be turned into the very practical muscular one. Where did this giant gene go? Did it stay within the arab line? The Syrians are bigger arabs and more liberal than Saudi Arabians.
I know you're not trying to be racist. But, I must say that your observations do not align with the people that I know who are of Jewish descent.

Upvote 0