Are we headed to evolution by human direction?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Meaning will we be merging with technology? If you had to merge with AI either through wearing something on you or consuming something would you do it in order to be able to survive in this world?
No, because that would of course be the mark of the beast, you silly sausage. ;)

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are already at the point that we’ve merged with our technology. Anyone who wears glasses or uses a prosthesis can tell you about that one. We’ve done that for hundreds of years.

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are already at the point that we’ve merged with our technology. Anyone who wears glasses or uses a prosthesis can tell you about that one. We’ve done that for hundreds of years.
But those things don’t make you smarter. I’m talking strictly intelligence here. If you could wear or ingest something that would make you a billion times smarter would you do it?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Meaning will we be merging with technology? If you had to merge with AI either through wearing something on you or consuming something would you do it in order to be able to survive in this world?

AI - Artificial Intelligence

intelligence

noun
the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

synonyms: intellectual/mental capacity, intellect, mind, brain, brains, brainpower, powers of reasoning, judgment, reason, reasoning, understanding, comprehension, acumen, wit, sense, insight, perceptiveness, perception, perspicaciousness, perspicacity, penetration, discernment, sharpness, quickness of mind, quick-wittedness, smartness, canniness, astuteness, intuition, acuity, alertness, cleverness, brilliance, aptness, ability, giftedness, talent; informal braininess

controlled by who or what?

Nope, out of step biblically to give this over to something or someone.

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't figure out how to use quotes. "If you could wear or ingest something that would make you a billion times smarter would you do it?"...isn't this what Eve did with the tree of knowledge of good and evil??!!

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But those things don’t make you smarter. I’m talking strictly intelligence here. If you could wear or ingest something that would make you a billion times smarter would you do it?
you haven’t seen me without my glasses;)

Smarter people just process information faster than less intelligent people. Jokes aside, without my glasses the level of information that I’m able to process goes way down as I’m unable to see much .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Then it seems like a conspiracy theory, like someone could control the AI you're using, a government agency or something. Maybe even snoop on you. But I would have to say no. I'm happy being me. Even though my body doesn't work so well anymore, I look to Jesus to resurrect me.

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't figure out how to use quotes. "If you could wear or ingest something that would make you a billion times smarter would you do it?"...isn't this what Eve did with the tree of knowledge of good and evil??!!
Nah pretty sure we are all still pretty dumb.

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then it seems like a conspiracy theory, like someone could control the AI you're using, a government agency or something. Maybe even snoop on you. But I would have to say no. I'm happy being me. Even though my body doesn't work so well anymore, I look to Jesus to resurrect me.
Certainly possible it could be controlled by someone else if it’s connected to a network. I see it as more as people getting left behind in life. Kind of like those that don’t get a high school degree vs someone that gets a Bachelors degree.

• Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nah pretty sure we are all still pretty dumb.

Genesis 2:17. Doesn't that indicate a tree of knowledge of good and evil that was ate from. Growth in knowledge would be considered increase of intelligence I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Growth in knowledge would be considered increase of intelligence I think.
Not really. Knowledge is just data. Intelligence is how fast and how well you process that data to make meaningful decisions and operations.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not really. Knowledge is just data. Intelligence is how fast and how well you process that data to make meaningful decisions and operations.

Yeah I see your point, in the definition of intelligence, one must also be able to apply that knowledge after acquiring it:

in·tel·li·gence
[inˈteləjəns]
NOUN
  1. the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Transhumanism is the belief or theory that the human race can evolve beyond its current physical and mental limitations, especially by means of science and technology. It's more than just the use of technology to overcome a weakness or injury, but it goes beyond that to try to make humans better than the way God created them.

It's pure evil.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Define "survive in this world".

I'm all for upgrading my eyes and bones. I'd love to have a better interface with technology. Plus if there were toxins or other environmental conditions that requied medication to survive I'd be okay with that.

BUT I would hand over control of my mind or body to a fascist government or some such thing.
Transhumanism is the belief or theory that the human race can evolve beyond its current physical and mental limitations, especially by means of science and technology. It's more than just the use of technology to overcome a weakness or injury, but it goes beyond that to try to make humans better than the way God created them.

It's pure evil.
I don't believe in God, but using human ingenuity to overcome issues in the physical world seems like a totally acceptable thing for Christians. We have clever ingenious minds, why not upgrade them like we did with cars, computers, glasses and shoes?

Seeing ways we can improve our lot and not using them seems like a waste of talent.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's pure evil.
No matter the intellectual misgivings surrounding this controversial topic, the fact remains that if we view transhumanism the way it is conventionally defined, people have been evolving toward an updated version of humanity for some time. In some ways, we already operate as human machine-hybrids, If a caveman came into the modern world, he would be astounded at how symbiotic we are with the various machines we use. We use cars to get from point A to point B and air conditioners to regulate our temperature.

Upvote 0