Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd sleep better knowing that their nuclear scientific community is gone and their equipment and supplies were destroyed...I think the average Iranian would too.

Really?

Would you sleep better if your country’s nuclear deterrence was removed while China, North Korea and Russia retained theirs ?

If your country had been subject of hostile superpower that destroyed your democracy, installed a puppet dictator that led to your country being taken over by religious dictatorship and in recent history embargoed your country causing civilian hardship and shortages of stuff like medicines without any results on overthrowing the said religious dictatorship but instead raising the popularity of the hardliners that could point out after US reneging on it’s treaty obligations that US could not be trusted and was indeed the enemy of Iran that actually assassinated a popular general that was groomed for political succession while hearing Trump’s speeches about fire and fury.....

You could start making a case that it would indeed be very beneficial to have nukes so the aforementioned hostile superpower couldn’t treat you like dirt.

Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really?

Would you sleep better if your country’s nuclear deterrence was removed while China, North Korea and Russia retained theirs ?

If your country had been subject of hostile superpower that destroyed your democracy, installed a puppet dictator that led to your country being taken over by religious dictatorship and in recent history embargoed your country causing civilian hardship and shortages of stuff like medicines without any results on overthrowing the said religious dictatorship but instead raising the popularity of the hardliners that could point out after US reneging on it’s treaty obligations that US could not be trusted and was indeed the enemy of Iran that actually assassinated a popular general that was groomed for political succession while hearing Trump’s speeches about fire and fury.....

You could start making a case that it would indeed be very beneficial to have nukes so the aforementioned hostile superpower couldn’t treat you like dirt.

North Korea has shown a lot of respect for Trump...
Iran is angry with Trump...

North Korea stopped making threats...iran has not.

I don't care about who struck first, last or best.

Iran is not going to stop until America is destroyed. That's their choice.

Our choice of trying to appease them has not shown a lick of working...if it did then they wouldn't have taken over our embassy during Carter's administration.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Kurds are the real source of problems...
The Kurds are an ethnic group that spans the whole Fertile Crescent from Iran and Iraq through Turkey and Syria. Even Jordan has a community.
These ethnic lines are much more important to the Kurds than political state lines. An iranian kurd is equal to a Turkish kurd.

Keeping the Kurds separate while keeping ourselves alive is the middle east goal.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We bribed Iran with a helicopter full of money. That's above and beyond what anyone else has done. We look weak to them and it will end up costing us in the long run.
Obama was paying Iran their well deserved money.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I respectfully disagree.

What do you disagree with ? That it wasn’t Iranian money ? Despite all the evidence shown to you while you have nothing to show or base your misconception on ?

• Informative
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The Kurds are the real source of problems...
The Kurds are an ethnic group that spans the whole Fertile Crescent from Iran and Iraq through Turkey and Syria. Even Jordan has a community.
These ethnic lines are much more important to the Kurds than political state lines. An iranian kurd is equal to a Turkish kurd.

Keeping the Kurds separate while keeping ourselves alive is the middle east goal.
Why is it so important to "keep the kurds seperated"?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it so important to "keep the kurds seperated"?

It is in the world's best interest to not allow a petroleum oil superpower to exist until such time as another cheap power source can be made available. They WILL hold the world hostage to their demands...and destroy the world economy in the process.

Other sources of energy exist... nuclear power is an example. But it's also exponentially more expensive than coal or oil power generation. Ethanol is expensive as well...if it weren't for subsidies and legislation we wouldn't use it at all.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It is in the world's best interest to not allow a petroleum oil superpower to exist until such time as another cheap power source can be made available. They WILL hold the world hostage to their demands...and destroy the world economy in the process.

Other sources of energy exist... nuclear power is an example. But it's also exponentially more expensive than coal or oil power generation. Ethanol is expensive as well...if it weren't for subsidies and legislation we wouldn't use it at all.
I don't follow how the kurds will hold the world hostage with oil if not kept seperate. Or why they would do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't follow how the kurds will hold the world hostage with oil if not kept seperate. Or why they would do so.
Because over half of the land that produces oil is their homeland...by force of might they can easily control the rest.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I respectfully disagree.

It's a fact. The money belonged to Iran all along. Returning it to them was our end of the deal.

You can respectfully disagree with facts, but you'll respectfully be wrong.

Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My pointy is obvious. If it wasn't for the religious right. We wouldn't be sticking our nose in Israel's or Iran's business.

Your point was to throw dirt on conservatives by conflating them with pro-war Christian Zionists, none of whom actually have any real power over foreign policy. Most conservatives, religious or not, don't blindly support American military aggression in the Middle East done on behalf of Israel. In fact, Donald Trump has been downscaling our country's role and influence in that region by bringing our troops back home.

The blame for America's aggression in the Middle East obviously falls on AIPAC, the Israeli lobby. The fact that you're dishonestly blaming conservatives instead testifies to your bias against anyone whose views you don't agree with.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0